Page 571 of 822 FirstFirst ... 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 ... LastLast
Results 14,251 to 14,275 of 20532
    Quote Originally Posted by JRainey View Post
    This is like a "Where's Waldo" of clusterfuck.
    I think I count 28 people

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    noobs....it's an old joke here.

Steep tree skiing is not without danger. Just a little slide that slams you into a tree is easily lethal. And it happens way more than you think. Try ask the local pisteurs. Contrary to some rosy-lensed blog some got slammed big time in an avalanche there that day.

stay smart noobs...
    Last edited by yugi; 02-03-2015 at 01:12 PM.

Les Contained Mojo was frigging money today. About 7000m vert of boot to thigh deep pow...lap after lap...

Kallisto, yes. Quite few shops carry wider skis, especially in the bigger resorts.
    Nowadays you can find touring rigs (dynas,barons,dukes) as well, with skins and all.
    Seen DPS, Kuros/Shiros, Noctas etc. No worries. Usually they are "premium" skis and run 28-40€/day, depending on the resort.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Choose your tour wisely and you will score some quality pow, pow safely. (today 50 cm plus)
    Maybe not the steepest shit, but hey live for another day.

nstadie the trail breaking machine:

Kusi enjoying the fluff:

Wide grins all around (Fluebrig in the background):

All the way back to the car (pic purposedly tilted to the right, so nobody can tell me we ski on slopes over 30deg with avy danger of 3+ )

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Kallisto, yes. Quite few shops carry wider skis, especially in the bigger resorts.
    Nowadays you can find touring rigs (dynas,barons,dukes) as well, with skins and all.
    Seen DPS, Kuros/Shiros, Noctas etc. No worries. Usually they are "premium" skis and run 28-40€/day, depending on the resort.
    Nice shot. Thanks for the info. Already have my dedicated touring setup over in yurp, just need something to rip around inbounds with. Might bring another pair of skis over when I head back...

Quote Originally Posted by yugi View Post
    Steep tree skiing is not without danger. Just a little slide that slams you into a tree is easily lethal. And it happens way more than you think. Try ask the local pisteurs. Contrary to some rosy-lensed blog some got slammed big time in an avalanche there that day.

stay smart noobs...
    That slide was the day before, in the steep open stuff looker's-left of the lift line. We assumed the debris was from bombing in the morning but there you go.

Yesterday in Vallée de la Sionne (avalanche lab valley near Sion).

“Eine schone gute lawine”
    http://youtu.be/vXGzNWZk1JY
    Last edited by yugi; 02-04-2015 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yugi View Post
    Yesterday in Vallée de la Sionne (avalanhe lab valley near Sion).

“Eine schone gute lawine”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXGzNWZk1JY#t=10
    fortunately it was a controlled avy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ntainside.html

rescued after 48 hours under the snow....

http://www.20min.ch/ro/news/vaud/sto...neige-11100466

^ ^ Wow! Just wow. He sure grilled a joker there.

Note to self: always ski with phone in Lifeproof case.

Whistler/Banff->UK transplant here (grad school), finally brought my gear over and am planning a trip to the Alps in early-mid March for 1-2 weeks. Hoping to do some touring (or at a minimum find a resort with decent 'in bounds' terrain - going solo for the trip), but a bit limited here - haven't been able to find anyone in the University who tours..

Anyone want a few beers to show me around, or have any advice on where to meet up with touring partners in the Alps? I'm looking at Cham, St Anton, and Engelberg at the moment, but have flexibility.

Does anyone in Chamonix want to ski Couloir du signal tomorrow or the next day?

Allright so will be heading to Verbier tomorrow night and staying thru Monday if anyone likes to hook up for turns.

Quote Originally Posted by flatland_Dave View Post
    More than anything in the world, but we don't always get what we want.

Have fun, play safe!
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

What could go wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

In his defense there are lots worse things he could ski tomorrow.

I thought about inventing an alias called Extreme Iowan to reply and tell him to meet me at the Montenvers tomorrow. But then I remembered aliases are stupid. Except for when you need to start one for when your wife quits her well paying job to become a psychic healer and past life regression therapist. And goes to Sedona and ends up fucking her spiritual adviser, who apparently was not clairvoyant enough to realize he had chlamydia. Meanwhile she has also seemed to forget she is a parent so it all falls on your shoulders because she is too busy reading books about hypnosis and eternal soulmates and healing wounds from previous incarnations to even make the family a hot meal. She can barely fling your kid a goddamn bag of oreos at dinnertime which makes you afraid to go to Hokkaido with your friends because an xbox is not a parent.

Thats the only acceptable sort of reason to have an alias.

On a completely unrelated note if anyone is interested in past life regression therapy I know a lady who is offering a $75 new patient special.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

with love, bitches.

Anybody got their crystal ball ready for next week? Bergfex is not looking soooo promising, but I guess thats par for the case.... Sunny and warm later in the week as they are saying? Perhaps it will be be good til monday at least?

Sooooo you wana go shred mañana Joe Strummer? Should be clear and hopefully not baked out?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1423152711.358086.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	163468
    Had some good turns above Floria today! Clouds were crazy all over the place

Sooooo you wana go shred mañana Joe Strummer? Should be clear and hopefully not baked out?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1423152711.358086.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	410.5 KB 
ID:	163468
    Had some good turns above Floria today! Clouds were crazy all over the place
    Snows all baked on the flegere side... Sounds like this your first time in Cham? What kind of camera are you shooting with and are you more interested in skiing or shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Allright so will be heading to Verbier tomorrow night and staying thru Monday if anyone likes to hook up for turns.
    I will probably head up there Saturday, maybe Monday also depending. Always down to ride around with some mags.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KDC_6722.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	163476

This is what the snow should look like when you ski at flegere

Quote Originally Posted by powfiend View Post
    This is what the snow should look like when you ski at flegere
    That's pretty much what the snow should look like wherever you ski. In an ideal world.

[QUOTE=peds;4424127]That's pretty much what the snow should look like wherever you ski. In an ideal world.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KDC_6616.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	163481

There is still plenty of this snow around in this ideal world we call chamonix right now if you know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by powfiend View Post
    There is still plenty of this snow around in this ideal world we call chamonix right now if you know where to look.
    Yep, plenty of snow around my neck of the woods too! We had about 2cm the other day, and there's another 3 or 4mm coming tomorrow.

I'll be back in Chamonix in about two weeks and, broken shoulder or not, I'm going skiing.