Page 729 of 813 FirstFirst ... 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 ... LastLast
Results 18,201 to 18,225 of 20312
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post

1. She wants an idyllic alpine vibe with good skiing , dining and shopping.
    Let me check my calendar, but I can probably swing it if she wants me there for the honeymoon

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Pyrenees are wild... and another 1-1.5m on top possibleAttachment 394460
    Yeah, 150 cm on top of the 200 on the ground.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Yeah, 150 cm on top of the 200 on the ground.

Well since I Posted one of the Stations with the most snow and no other Region has received more, I'd say closer to one meter that two. But nevermind...
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Bareges is at 200 cm

Bareges is at 200 cm

Those of us with no snow yet would love to see pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'm still in California, leaving end of December for the pyrenees , kids finishing school here.

But yeah, 1.5 meters by the end of this week, and snowing every day next week.

Ski area opening next weekend.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Is it snow in Italian Alps?

Is it snow in Italian Alps? In Cervinia?

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Those of us with no snow yet would love to see pictures.
    Bruno getting after near Bareges - https://www.instagram.com/bruno_compagnet/?hl=en Pics by the wonderful Layla - https://www.instagram.com/laylakerley/?hl=en

Name:  bruno1.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  117.7 KB
    Name:  bruno2.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  95.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HellgateBasement View Post
    I'm in Amsterdam without any of my gear until I'm back from the States in Jan., looking at these forecasts. Would it be crazy to fly to Lyon, scrounge up a fuck-ton of rental gear, and try to ski in Les Trois Vallees or Portes du Soleil this weekend? Other locales (Austria/Switzerland) are off limits due to Covid, and it seems like there's not much snow headed for Italy.
    Gee, I guess it ain't that easy to be a globe trotting asshole from America these days. Maybe you should just show everybody your CDC card and you can continue on your merry way. Just Google it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Gee, I guess it ain't that easy to be a globe trotting asshole from America these days. Maybe you should just show everybody your CDC card and you can continue on your merry way. Just Google it, right?
    You're so butthurt it's amazing. I was trying to help you in the other thread before you got your period. But I think you'll be happier getting into arguments on the internet from Maryland or wherever the fuck you are than actually skiing, especially in Europe. So stay home and maybe try being a cunt in the mid-atlantic thread for a change?
    Everybody's gotta have parkas. I'm talking custom parkas. Two words: "client development." They see all of you out there cutting the powder in your matching Schweikart & Cokely parkas, you'll make an impression. You will thank me later.

Can you two get a room?
    Or summarize all the options for Americans to get COVID certs in the EU and CH?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Can you two get a room?
    Yeah, I'd love to hear that, but doubtful it's coming from ex pat dude.

BoB: Benny only Bitches.

For fawks sake Benny, call a pharmacy in Cortina or where ever you wanna go and ask them if you can get a QR code. It took me all of 15 minutes to get mine. Be aware some nations don’t accept vaccinations over 6 months old.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    For fawks sake Benny, call a pharmacy in Cortina or where ever you wanna go and ask them if you can get a QR code. It took me all of 15 minutes to get mine. Be aware some nations don’t accept vaccinations over 6 months old.
    Did you get vaxxed over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    This article describes how you can show your US CDC vaccination card at a German pharmacy which will allow you to get the EU COVID19 vaccination certificate. Apparently you can also do this in French pharmacies, although I have heard it is more hit and miss. Not sure about Italian pharmacies, but would suspect it would be even more hit and miss.

Aforementioned article also links to the French website for an online application whereby you upload your USA CDC card and info. Don't bother, it's no longer working. I believe the site was overwhelmed by applications, and the French raised the white flag on it.

Article doesn't mention the Swiss website which is what I ended up using. You upload your USA CDC vax card, passport and itinerary (I used my plane ticket pdf, I imagine you could use a train ticket as well), also including an address in Switzerland you'll be staying (they don't check, I used a hotel near the airport). The site is easy to navigate and straightforward. They charge 30 CHF, but get back to you promptly, very Swiss.

Benny was so busy shouting at clouds about how it wasn't a "real" EU certificate, he completely ignored my mentioning that the Swiss pass is good in the rest of the EU due to reciprocity.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Bruno getting after near Bareges - https://www.instagram.com/bruno_compagnet/?hl=en Pics by the wonderful Layla - https://www.instagram.com/laylakerley/?hl=en

Name:  bruno1.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  117.7 KB
    Name:  bruno2.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  95.8 KB
    My wife met Bruno 20 years ago when she was competing in the extreme ski stuff, great skier.
    He went on to start black Crows, and my wife went on to marry me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    This article describes how you can show your US CDC vaccination card at a German pharmacy which will allow you to get the EU COVID19 vaccination certificate. Apparently you can also do this in French pharmacies, although I have heard it is more hit and miss. Not sure about Italian pharmacies, but would suspect it would be even more hit and miss.

Aforementioned article also links to the French website for an online application whereby you upload your USA CDC card and info. Don't bother, it's no longer working. I believe the site was overwhelmed by applications, and the French raised the white flag on it.

Article doesn't mention the Swiss website which is what I ended up using. You upload your USA CDC vax card, passport and itinerary (I used my plane ticket pdf, I imagine you could use a train ticket as well), also including an address in Switzerland you'll be staying (they don't check, I used a hotel near the airport). The site is easy to navigate and straightforward. They charge 30 CHF, but get back to you promptly, very Swiss.

Benny was so busy shouting at clouds about how it wasn't a "real" EU certificate, he completely ignored my mentioning that the Swiss pass is good in the rest of the EU due to reciprocity.
    Suppose I dont want to go to Switzerland? And suppose I dont want to commit to an "itinerary", which means hotel and flight purchase, before I go through the "hit or miss" process of obtaining a green pass in some foreign country I cant speak the language? Where is there a pharmacy that will do this for me? Probably Milan, I guess, but, I dont want to go to Milan. Balzano? Maybe. Corvara? Arraba? Who knows?

WAPO ran a comical article all about Americans essentially trapped in Paris, of all places, when the instituted their digital pass requirements, and these poor souls couldn't even go to a cafe and eat, because you needed this damn pass to do anything. The pharmacists were telling them to fuck off (hey, it's France), and the office they were sent to and waited outside in line for a few hours told them to kinda fuck off, eventually (hey, it's France). So, you know, no. Not if its snowing in Colorado.

Suppose suppose suppose.

Wah wah waaaaah. Why can't those damn Euros cater to myyyyy neeeeeds??!?!!??!

Why can't I pocket some lunchmeat from the breakfast buffet?

Why why why????

Stay home then.

Christ. Fuck you too, really. I am asking valid questions here, and it's like talking to children.

Here, I just found this:

"How does Green Pass work for people who travel to Italy from abroad?

Italy's Green Pass was introduced ahead of the EU Digital COVID Certificate (EUDCC) which has allowed free travel across the European Union since 1 July.
    The Italian version of the Green Pass only applies to people who have been vaccinated, tested negative or recovered from covid-19 in Italy."

So, back to where I started. Standing in line every day with my CDC card to activate my Dolomiti ski pass. Unless somebody can tell me how I can fairly easily obtain an Italian valid digital green pass.

Let your little poo piles fly.

I am chuckling about the lack of awareness with how Benny thinks his plaintive whiny complaints amount to "talking to children".

Reely.

Anyway, if Benny is asking a specific question regarding his highly specific individual situation relative to his cheapskate need to maximize his Ikon pass in Europe by staying entirely within Italy, therefore requiring an Italian "green pass", I suppose he's on his own, unless anyone else has useful beta.

Good luck mang, and please report back to the rest of us to help the collective.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Let me check my calendar, but I can probably swing it if she wants me there for the honeymoon
    I can be the stripper at her hen party. I'm double jabbed

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    I am chuckling about the lack of awareness with how Benny thinks his plaintive whiny complaints amount to "talking to children".

Reely.

Anyway, if Benny is asking a specific question regarding his highly specific individual situation relative to his cheapskate need to maximize his Ikon pass in Europe by staying entirely within Italy, therefore requiring an Italian "green pass", I suppose he's on his own, unless anyone else has useful beta.

Good luck mang, and please report back to the rest of us to help the collective.

Now you're starting to sound like that hippie from SLC.

Insults, and no answers. Oh, and you must be another TGR trustfunder that doesnt have to be a "cheapskate" (although that's not why I'm going to the Dolomites, I just want to be there), just jet off to Switzerland and circle jerk with the cool people.

Lulz.

Trustfunder, yep. I usedta hang out with Ghislaine before she met Jeff, fuct her when she was in boarding school. Realized she was freaky even then.

How about this:

Get your fucking CH COVID19 certificate online, fly into Zurich, take the train to Corvara, use your precious Ikon pass, fly outta Zurich or Milan.

Easy peasy. Jeezus.