Page 589 of 820 FirstFirst ... 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,725 of 20492
    Quote Originally Posted by GooseMan View Post
    Anyone know anything about Scottish touring/climbing followed by schussing options? Ive seen some nice looking lines on paper, but anyone have any real experience with them? I'm assuming they're more of a Springtime proposition. I'm mainly asking about the timing of the snow conditions in the Highlands and when they might start to be in. Just moved to Edinburgh
    The Scottish equivalent of Snow for the Euros can be found on Snowheads:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112701

Quite a few people on there doing rad stuff in the Highlands, and you'll get plenty of info if you ask.

On a similar subject, this photo of England of all places popped up on there the other day!

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=121404

Quote Originally Posted by GooseMan View Post
    Anyone know anything about Scottish touring/climbing followed by schussing options? Ive seen some nice looking lines on paper, but anyone have any real experience with them? I'm assuming they're more of a Springtime proposition. I'm mainly asking about the timing of the snow conditions in the Highlands and when they might start to be in. Just moved to Edinburgh
    Useful site for info about Scottish conditions. There's also a forum.
    winterhighland.info.

something is finally moving in the models. still no consensus in them, but #stokemorris will certainly proclaim 3 meters of snow tomorrow.
    I say there might be a little bit of snow towards the 20th.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    something is finally moving in the models. still no consensus in them, but #stokemorris will certainly proclaim 3 meters of snow tomorrow.
    3meter min for me unless I ski the park
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

I don't know why you are complaining as the last i heard you were deserting us in Euroland to run away to Canada! I'm getting antsy enough for snow myself that i'm starting to lurk in north amrican/canadian threads...
    found this on my phone from last season in Serfaus

i would go anywhere for decent snow.

Alas.... the BC forecast does not look very inviting anymore for late November. Still im not convinced i should bet all my money on the change in the Alps next week.

Wink

i would go anywhere for decent snow.

Alas.... the BC forecast does not look very inviting anymore for late November. Still im not convinced i should bet all my money on the change in the Alps next week.
    It's called investing, not betting.

I've got some Frequent flier miles invested in a Euro trip during Christmas week to Swiss Land but I can always pull the plug and not lose too much of my investment. Now taking a serious look at Tahoe though.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Will be out of Cervinia Monday-Wed... will have 3.5 yr old in tow at least two mornings. Will give updates. Snow looks old and warm Oh well. Excited for first turns. If anybody's there, let me know; will be my first ever European turns, do I still go left then right? or start right, then left?

Norway has finally turned, and the western mountains look to be getting pounded at the moment.... Hopefully this is a sign that things will soon change in the alps?

@subtle, maybe you could take a trip to Norway instead? I know its not BC, but Scandiland certainly has some nice spots...

I may head up that way if we don't get any by December....

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    I may head up that way if we don't get any by December....
    I've been contemplating a similar idea.... not a bad proposition with the current value of the Krone
    you don't know if you don't go

Sorry if this is considered SPAM around here (if so, properly chastise me and I'll remove it), but figured maybe reach some more people who might be interested/nearby enough to come check it out on this thread.

I'm trying so sell an almost branch new JetForce airbag pack. It's an awesome pack, has already been through the recall, but just happens to be a bit small for my height. Deets here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...Switzerland%29 Way cheaper than they are currently selling for new. Send me a PM if interested or have questions.
    you don't know if you don't go

Looks like some weather might be rolling in on fri-sat... somehow that sounds familiar. I'll belive it when i see it...

@ Alka: I'll wait and see how the situation develops here. I might be off to somewhere next week if this is just a few days of early season rock scraping and not the start of somekind of winter. I'll be skiing this storm in the west somewhere if this thing really comes as forecasted. Still most of the precip is forecasted before the cold air comes in.....

Contemplating christmas time moves and after research Livigno has been popping up on the radar.
    Very little info about the place, some maggot was there 5-6 years ago...so, worth a visit for few days?
    Any inside info about lodging? Terrain looks mellowish but quite optimal for lift served solo skiing, I will be traveling alone for the first part of the trip.

Anyone been in Livigno lately, whats the beta?

And norway is looking relatively good, Stranda and Roldal has already gotten some base and more snow is coming in the west. Hopefully would be
    able to do a few day roadtrip there in the beginning of december...

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

livigno easy slack/backcountry no death defying terrain. not empty, not crowded. ok I'd say. needs a very very solid southern stau to get going. I skied there when the engadine was closed because of too much snow, and that place is not the region with the most reliable snowfall in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Contemplating christmas time moves and after research Livigno has been popping up on the radar.
    Very little info about the place, some maggot was there 5-6 years ago...so, worth a visit for few days?
    Any inside info about lodging? Terrain looks mellowish but quite optimal for lift served solo skiing, I will be traveling alone for the first part of the trip.

Anyone been in Livigno lately, whats the beta?
    I was passing thru there a couple of years ago and spent a few days. At the time there as nothing fresh, all hard pack, so I was on the skinny skis, on piste. Between Livigno and Bormio next door it was decent cruising for a few days, I don't remember anything to remarkable good or bad.
    The town of Livigno is a duty free zone, so there is a ton of relatively cheap shopping.

ok I'd say.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerettaRacer View Post
    I don't remember anything to remarkable good or bad.
    You make it sound like some lukewarm handjob. Cant say if it because you want to keep the hordes off your secret stash or what...?

Oh well, have time to wait to see how things shape up. Would have been nice to scout out some new spots in the alps, that area of italy is something
    I have never been in winter. Was there few years ago doing some summer skiing (stelvio and some other place) and the terrain was kind of a nice looking,
    not to gnar, but potential for some good skiing...if there would be snow that is..

If you were on to any of my secret stashes, I would not comment at all or plant some totally subtle hints about other "better" spots.
    Or you'd be paid a visit by some very silent and very deadly assasins like wepowder's former owner was.

Check out Hotel Posta in Livigno. Nice folks. The hotel owner, Luigi, knows where to go for good snow and terrain in Livigno.

@Meathelmet
    Id say Livigno is mellow, but enjoyable. Unfortunately, there were some fatalities there last season, so dont let your guard down just because the internets says its ok. Give me a shout on PM if you decide to go there, Id be happy to share the knowledge. Keep safe

Santa Catarina is just up the road from Bormio, higher and dominantly north facing. Some touring options from the lifts and great touring at the end of the road out of the Forni hut.

Hope those weren't secrets.

Subtle, looks like friflyt.no is quoting you now...

http://www.friflyt.no/Ski/En-meter-snoe-i-Alpene

Quote Originally Posted by Choucas View Post
    Check out Hotel Posta in Livigno. Nice folks. The hotel owner, Luigi, knows where to go for good snow and terrain in Livigno.
    Quote Originally Posted by banzai View Post
    Give me a shout on PM if you decide to go there, Id be happy to share the knowledge. Keep safe
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Subtle, looks like friflyt.no is quoting you now...

http://www.friflyt.no/Ski/En-meter-snoe-i-Alpene

Thanks chaps, appreciated!

Will first do a stint to norwedge as they seem to have found the plug to their snowmachines...

Roldal today :

Quote Originally Posted by Nasreddin Hoja View Post
    We were looking to book our western ski trip in 1989, after Lockerbie. The conditions weren't so great below 3800 M but we had a wonderful time in France.

I'm thinking this would be a good year for France as well. How is the snow?
    Sorry, are you some kind of a fucking twat? Your previous 6 posts make less sense than 0Franz and you make just a tad more sense than a relatively evolved AI.

Paging the mods...

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Sorry, are you some kind of a fucking twat? Your previous 6 posts make less sense than 0Franz and you make just a tad more sense than a relatively evolved AI.

Paging the mods...
    Nukage in 3...2...