Page 503 of 821 FirstFirst ... 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 ... LastLast
Results 12,551 to 12,575 of 20507

Anyone got any beta on Courmayeur - and given the above posts - avi hazard as well?

Avi hazard has mostly been due to the rapid warming thanks to the föhn. Especially in Austria where they've had a lot more recent snow than the N-W alps. Some snow-drifts thanks to the strong wind will be around as well.
    At least 2 of the victims were with guides, including the one in the lake. Another avy with 2 caught the one with the airbag survived while his partner sadly didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    Anyone got any beta on Courmayeur - and given the above posts - avi hazard as well?
    Was there last weekend. As posted a few pages back that end of Aosta valley has less snow then Cham/Valais. Not bad but not stellar. One skis down to 1200 comfortably in shady areas. As elsewhere high shady was still pow, in the sun corning.

Conditions fairly stable. Just beware of new wind slabs.

Didn't end up heading over there. Greybird dust on crust at Brevent/Flegere and I found the same when I caught the bus to Le Tour.

Up to 25cm forecast over night. Current plan is to head up AM and either skin over to Helbronner, do a Toule then Vallee Noire, or if some mates come they don't have touring gear so we will do an Envers then head to GM if time allows.
    Last edited by CarveMan; 03-08-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Got pretty good off the top of the logan by the late afternoon if you dont mind total vertigo, which i kind of enjoy! Thinking helbronner is the ticket for tomorrow as it seems like the italian side will be getting more snow and i could really use a good capp and some real pizza

How's the forecast around Fieberbrunn? The postponed the comp due to a warm spell.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Heading to La Grave March 16 - can any Mags provide any beta on the conditions? Looks like it snowed a decent amount today and a few little shots his upcoming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    How's the forecast around Fieberbrunn? The postponed the comp due to a warm spell.
    it has been really warm for the last few days, supposed to get much colder with some flurries beginning of the week. i think the juniors start today anyway?
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Just 10-15cm fresh at Grands Montets today. Decent at the top. Riding on underlying bumps a lot of the time though so avoid Canadian Bowl, Italian Bowl, etc. Lavancher was reportedly horrible yesterday so we didn't ski it today.

More at http://www.lornecameron.com/2013/fresh-snow/

Putting tracks on glaciers isn't easy, but somebody's got to do it...

Yesterday @Marmolada.

Days before were OK, but lacking a bit in fresh snow.
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    By the end of the week there should be a re-fresh: http://www.bergfex.com/fieberbrunn/wetter/

But it's been warm-- and FB is pretty low, so the snow can get heavy if it's not cold enough. Zillertal should be nice too. Couple weeks ago the touring around Achensee/Seekarlspitz/Christlum was like a silly stash when just outside the local area was devoid of much new.

Prob the worst the snow's been all season in Verb. 5cm of heavyish snow on a firm to icy base. It rained below about 2000m yesterday as well. Lost a lot of snow with the warm up this week and basically everything has been skied solid and bumpy since the last real snow 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my ST18i using TGR Forums

I'm thinking about going to Zinal/Grimentz from Monday to Friday since they're forecasting around 30cm of fresh snow, however does anybody know how is the snow right now over there?

Very nice snow at the top of the Midi this morning, 20-25cm fresh (vs. 10-15cm at GM yesterday). We were skiing with first-timers so did Gros Rognon but skied untouched snow until joining the Classic VB which has seen a lot of traffic already. Grand/Petit Envers will be in great shape at the moment if they aren't too tracked. Any news from Cosmiques/Rond since the latest snowfall?

More at http://www.lornecameron.com/2013/easy-day-on-the-midi/ .

I'm in the Tyrol region for a few days, hoping we get a little fresh snow. Is there anybody out there who needs a ski buddy or wants to show me around? Where would be a good place to go on a storm day?

Hi,
    I'll also be going to Tyrol instead of CH from Tuesday to Saturday (I'll be sleeping in Pettneu near St Anton, but I've a car to move around if needed). If you want we can meet, however it's my first time there and I don't have a touring setup but if you're interested send me a PM.

Will post TRs soon but I've just had 3 epic days - Saturday was Toule/Combe De La Vierge, yesterday was Rognon variation and today we did a Arp Vielle and Dolonne. Some lovely snow - today was totally unexpected.

No!!! I should have got by ass out of bed yesterday. I look forward to a dust on crust TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    Will post TRs soon but I've just had 3 epic days - Saturday was Toule/Combe De La Vierge, yesterday was Rognon variation and today we did a Arp Vielle and Dolonne. Some lovely snow - today was totally unexpected.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Here's the first one: http://aussieskier.com/trip-reports/...-de-la-vierge/

Sorry for the lazy blog link, I will do a proper forum version with pics later tonight.

And here's the TR for yesterday: http://aussieskier.com/trip-reports/...e-gros-rognon/

Again apologies for being a lazy ass. I'm exhausted and will do today's TR tomorrow and get them all into forum shape.

Keep 'em coming! I'm a sucker for the Euro TR (LC that mean you too). I eyed that route down to the glacier from Italy while I was there. Looks like a sweet decent. p.s. I think you're ready for the arete unropped if your guide will let you.

Yeah I've done it unroped a few times now, guide didn't bring spare crampons this time - he actually mentioned it was a bit silly roping me up but we had a bigger group and its no big deal.

Headed to the Berner Oberland in a few weeks from the States. Does anyone know a shop that rents ABS cartridges/triggers in Zurich or Interlaken? I tried a few shops and they have them, but only for sale. Any conditions reports would be helpful too. Thanks.

This is yesterday from Courmayeur - surprise powder: http://aussieskier.com/trip-reports/...-5-courmayeur/

I'm still lazy