Page 441 of 821 FirstFirst ... 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,025 of 20518
    Quote Originally Posted by ripvanwinter View Post
    Gonna be in cham next weekend with the wifey. Last minute trip.

skiing sat/sun/mon with at least one day solo.

will likely try to join onto a guided group for the solo day. anyone want an extra person on their adventure?
    depending on a few things, I may be getting in this weekend but not 100% yet... so how's a definitely maybe sound? (wifey also in tow...)

Quote Originally Posted by longone View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone recommend some good guides for Engelberg? Hoping to go over the next few weeks and want to make the most out of it.

Cheers
    Roger Christen -- +41 (0)79 455 7980 from Rock and Powder

Quote Originally Posted by patxi View Post
    Roger Christen -- +41 (0)79 455 7980 from Rock and Powder
    Great thanks, will give him a call!

Dumping in Lausanne right now. I see further east is getting dumped on way more.

I am in the East and we are indeed getting dumped on... Pretty windy gondel is closed for the day down low still hitting crust and pretty flat so just going to wait till tomorrow!!

Bugger this! Fucked my knee up rodling 2 weeks ago and haven't dared to nosey around the thread... I knew I shouldn't have now. I'm off to hybernate for the next couple of weeks, hopefully i'll be good to go again by then. Can't stand not being able to get out there, esp with more snow coming in. Hope u guys get after it in tyrol and post some stuff up so I can go in a huff again
    I am NEVER sitting on a rodl again...EVER

Yeah looked like a classic northern alps storm....bastards...
    'waxman is correct, and so far with 40+ days of tasting them there is no way my tongue can tell the difference between wood, and plastic made to taste like wood...but i'm a weirdo and lick my gear...' -kidwoo

I dont want to hype but tomorrow is going to be boner tastic.... Gondi closed all day because of wind means no tracks put in today = money!!! shibbi

oh yeah! Nordstau ftw!
    Same here in Upperaustria, Gondis are closed because of stormy winds!
    Tomorrow will be tits deep, but avy danger is high therefore we will hide in the trees. STOKE!

Today was a lot of fun, although especially before noon there wasn't that much snow yet. The afternoon, though, with some nice tree skiing = win.

That being said, I can't wait until tomorrow. It's going to be tough to decide where to go when it clears up!

oh yes, looking good! driving out to one of the styrian hot spots tomorrow morning to play in the trees. hope the winds will calm down enough for krippenstein to open on saturday/sunday.
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

I'm already hearing reports of how packed Chamonix is going to be this week and next with tourists (like me). Any tips on avoiding gigantic lines? I skied St. Anton two years ago during the European holidays. we have a different holiday schedule here in the U.S., so it caught me off guard my first time. I avoided the majority of the lines by sticking higher up on the mountain and having guides some of the days. Is the same strategy good for some of the Chamonix valley, like flegere, GM Brevent?

Any helpful info would be much appreciated for a first, and possibly last (for a long time at least) trip to Chamonix.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcdac View Post
    I'm already hearing reports of how packed Chamonix is going to be this week and next with tourists (like me). Any tips on avoiding gigantic lines?

Buy skins.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Where is Waldo?

I'm already hearing reports of how packed Chamonix is going to be this week and next with tourists (like me). Any tips on avoiding gigantic lines?
    hire a guide or a ski instructor and JUMP the lines to the good skiing! See TRs by carveman....

Quote Originally Posted by jumpturn View Post
    hire a guide or a ski instructor and JUMP the lines to the good skiing! See TRs by carveman....
    Yeah, I'm doing Valle Blanche one day and have the freeride tour with compagnie des guides another. We are planning on doing one day in courmayeur as well. Does it get as packed there? May be looking at possibly more days with a guide.

We are planning on doing one day in courmayeur as well.
    Consider Gianni for courmayeur. Maybe some heli?

http://www.giannicarbone.com/index.jsp

Compagnie des Guides Freeride tour is a good option - they will drive to Courmayeur as well.

Nr the sea , on the other side of the pond..
    does anyone have any info on landeck/zams/venet ? looking at the maps it seems to have a large vertical served by a single tram to a north facing slope with lots of trees .....

also, are there buses that run from gotzens to axamer on a regular basis ? can you do bus based uplift laps ?
    Semper in Pulveris .... Only the depth varies

venet can be pretty fun. you don't normally do tram laps but traverse back out from the stuff under the tram to the chair.

yes the bus runs often and yes that is entirely doable.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpturn View Post
    Consider Gianni for courmayeur. Maybe some heli?

http://www.giannicarbone.com/index.jsp
    I checked out his site. Looks pretty sweet, especially the heli-ski. no prices though. Anyone know about how much it costs to heli ski in Courmayeur? I would love to do it.

Here:
    www.heliskicourmayeur.com
    Ask for Rudy. He will sort you out even if you don't heli. One of the best guides in the area....and you can test some DOWNs too!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

I checked out his site. Looks pretty sweet, especially the heli-ski. no prices though. Anyone know about how much it costs to heli ski in Courmayeur? I would love to do it.
    Looks like it's cheap.
    4000€ for 8000mt/one day (max 4 people). No hotel, no skipass and no lunch/dinner.
    Always Fight Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by teosickrider View Post
    Looks like it's cheap.
    4000€ for 8000mt/one day (max 4 people). No hotel, no skipass and no lunch/dinner.
    Oh yeah, that pricing is no problem . . .

Those down skis look pretty sick.

I'm thinking lot try to do another round of the freeride tour guide with companies des guides. . .

far east was *deep* today. snow covered roads, huge wind-formed snow piles and the storm shaking my car had me thinking this might be one of the days where your mortality risk over the whole year would be reduced by a quarter if you skipped skiing and stayed at home. but the moment I came to realize that I was already in the mountains and a friend waiting so we just played it very safely.

actually got to witness the results of some self released slabs on the way down, in a barely 30 degree area we deemed unsafe to cross on the ascent.

hope everyone in the east is safe today, its for sure one of the most dangerous days of the season so far.
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~