Page 636 of 820 FirstFirst ... 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 ... LastLast
Results 15,876 to 15,900 of 20486
    Any recommendations for a guide in verbier? First time in verb and conditions look to favour a lot of local knowledge of the snowpack...

Sent from my E6553 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I am in eberg.
    Report in!
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Report in!
    ****++++ pow day. All time virgin deep with private teensy blue can tram. 10 laps shared the can on 3 laps. Cosmopowgilogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Glomstulen View Post
    Any recommendations for a guide in verbier? First time in verb and conditions look to favour a lot of local knowledge of the snowpack...

Sent from my E6553 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Verbier Guides office, Powder Extreme or PM me

Someone on green Downs in La Thuile today?

Anyone want to ski somewhere nears Davos tomorrow? I’m a one day visitor from Squaw valley looking to get out there.
    live the life.

Flying into Geneva today, going to stay in Chamonix for a week. Day trip to Courmayeur tomorrow, and Chamonix when the sun emerges on Tuesday. But what to do on a warm monday with lots of precipitation?

Sent fra min F5321 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    Flying into Geneva today, going to stay in Chamonix for a week. Day trip to Courmayeur tomorrow, and Chamonix when the sun emerges on Tuesday. But what to do on a warm monday with lots of precipitation?

eat french fries and drink shit expensive coffee

Sent from my SM-G930F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Chambre 9 on sunday night might be a good option.

May not want to travel day of arrival, but if another precip day, take train to Annecy - even in the rain, it's amazing!!!

The mountaineering museum is fun. Then stock up on groceries and before you know it it's happy hour!

I finally hit the Laub in eberg in choice quality conditions. W000000000t

Nice. I thought there might be some Visibility in the North.
    I might join you in andermatt on tuesday.
    We are still in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    that would be awesome. I'm queued to tour around and sample from birds menu.

No touring on That day. I'm not even sure they're going to open the top if avi danger goes to 5 on Monday. I guess not because it snows until late Monday. Touring would be suicide....

Are you there until Wednesday? Because that would probably be my bet for a full opening.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    eat french fries and drink shit expensive coffee

Sent from my SM-G930F using TGR Forums mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    Chambre 9 on sunday night might be a good option.
    Quote Originally Posted by GimpToo View Post
    May not want to travel day of arrival, but if another precip day, take train to Annecy - even in the rain, it's amazing!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    The mountaineering museum is fun. Then stock up on groceries and before you know it it's happy hour!
    Oh, well... That bad? Hopefully something is skiable, Courmayeur should be great tomorrow anyhow

The wind just up the valley is pretty brutal right now. At altitude it's been strong for days. Some lee slopes are very easy to trigger. Be careful.

Recommendations on where to ski tomorrow (Sunday)? I am in Chamonix without a car. Heard possibly only Les Houches will be open, is it worth it down there?

No touring on That day. I'm not even sure they're going to open the top if avi danger goes to 5 on Monday. I guess not because it snows until late Monday. Touring would be suicide....

Are you there until Wednesday? Because that would probably be my bet for a full opening.
    Monday eberg. Tues-Thurs am@ except Tuesday is at birdos discretion. Could be oberalpstock or disentis or Airolo or mars.

Quote Originally Posted by snophoto View Post
    Recommendations on where to ski tomorrow (Sunday)? I am in Chamonix without a car. Heard possibly only Les Houches will be open, is it worth it down there?
    Les Houches has its charms, there are some great pistes and some really good tree skiing mixed in with the so-so. But on days when only Les Houches is open, no. It is absolute hell.

If no lifts are open tomorrow, I'm stuck doing 500m forest touring loops until the rain starts.
    Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    The wind just up the valley is pretty brutal right now. At altitude it's been strong for days. Some lee slopes are very easy to trigger. Be careful.
    In Chamonix? What, if any, has been the prevailing wind direction?

Italian side, Aosta valley. It's been all SW here, but whether that's localised due to geography I don't know. Snow alternates between blasted moonscape and loaded lee slopes. Below tree line out of the wind is deluxe though.

Feels West today though, at 2200m

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Italian side, Aosta valley. It's been all SW here, but whether that's localised due to geography I don't know. Snow alternates between blasted moonscape and loaded lee slopes. Below tree line out of the wind is deluxe though.
    Yeah, got there now. Val Veny is closed, hopefully some ok tree skiing towards Dolonne

It's a shame all the lifts are closed today, because the snow up at 1400-1700m is some of the best of the whole season so far.

There'll be a short film of today's skiing at some point, but this is what I did yesterday. Do we have a baby skiing thread? A quick search brings up nothing, but I could have sworn there was one lurking somewhere...
    Anyway, Jessie's seventh ski outing:

Short stories about snow and rock, and pictures, too