Page 161 of 821 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 20518
    Quote Originally Posted by Arno View Post
    how was that slope skier's left of the steinberg? we looked at that but got a bit spooked by some of the exposure getting there and just ended up doing the normal skiers left line
    It was fine. It wasn't really a problem getting there. The slope as such was quite steep, about 40 degrees, and windblown but not very hard. So all in all a nice little run without much adrenaline to it. Probably fantastic in soft conditions.
    All work and no play, ... you know...

anyone skiing between zentralschweiz and verbier this weekend ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    I was thinking of going but decided against... no new snow. Maybe next w/e

thinking to ski verbier with some friends this weekend. i just PMed the verbier mags to see what's up. if verbier fails to materialize, i'll probably be on my pass in the alpes vaudiouse someplace (glacier3000 or leysin).

TN - no new snow? there is supposed to be 10-20cm or so down to 500m Friday/Saturday. yeah, not a lot but it should make for some decent turns. but the next weekend might be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    thinking to ski verbier with some friends this weekend. i just PMed the verbier mags to see what's up. if verbier fails to materialize, i'll probably be on my pass in the alpes vaudiouse someplace (glacier3000 or leysin).

TN - no new snow? there is supposed to be 10-20cm or so down to 500m Friday/Saturday. yeah, not a lot but it should make for some decent turns. but the next weekend might be better.
    Ripz, you seriously think the alps might get sum this w/e? Birdie on my shoulder speaks of 10cm max. Very, very max... Conditions now, as I've been told are a little messed up due to the high temps.

I ask as I just found out that next w/e is a no go due to effing work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonically_Neglected View Post
    Ripz, you seriously think the alps might get sum this w/e? Birdie on my shoulder speaks of 10cm max. Very, very max... Conditions now, as I've been told are a little messed up due to the high temps.

I ask as I just found out that next w/e is a no go due to effing work!!!
    that's just what i heard on the radio this morning. the forecast charts have been wobbling around so i have no confidence in what they say until 24 hours before.

Conditions are not great in verbier at the moment. Probably the worst snow now since I got here. Ok on the piste if you have sharp edges, otherwise a waste of time. Hopefully some snow will arrive in the next few days, but I really wouldnt count on it.

Cheers m8.

Not nice to hear but better than driving 8 - 10hours for nothing...

I'll be in verb sunday-tuesday, but most likely busy with the kids (yeah it's carnival vacation....)

Quote Originally Posted by stantonbum1 View Post
    Conditions are not great in verbier at the moment. Probably the worst snow now since I got here....
    BIG HOT SUN = creblet or col de mines with corn between 3 and 4PM? it used to be fun....

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    can you bring me some grits and fig newtons?
    Fruit and Cake yes, good grits not so easy to find in Seattle

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to go from chamonix to la grave. I will be traveling on feb 23.
    If I can get to Grenoble I can take a bus from there to la grave. Anyone know if there is a bus or train from chamonix to grenoble? I tried looking on http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ and http://www.vfd.fr/ but could not find anything.

The only way i have found so far is geneva -> grenoble -> la grave.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Anyone in chamonix this weekend? My plans fell through for saturday so will be by myself. There for 9 days so no real specific plans.

Looks like the NW alps could get some nice snow the upcoming days! Too bad there's lots of wind also...

since there is ni snow and the weather sucks in fontainbleau as well im going Carnival all the way baby.
    here is my flatmate "atze" who went to his final farwell as an assistant teacher like this (80 new teachers who finished their assistant time, only 10 were costumed and he was "Atze " some sort of german clicheé lowlife)

my gf. the grand dame du vampirisme.

and me, leadsinger of a mixture of quiet riot, poison, and twisted sister.
    I WANNA ROCK!
    yes i was already drunk at 1pm and came home at 10pm because after 8 hours of cosntant beer and carnival music i was a wreck.
    KÖLLE Alaaaaf!

Last edited by subtle plague; 02-01-2008 at 04:07 AM.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

We might be getting some tonight. I'm around Verbier all weekend.
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    judging by your stature, i would've guessed Dio.

Quote Originally Posted by pivko View Post
    Hi, I am trying to figure out how to go from chamonix to la grave. I will be traveling on feb 23.
    If I can get to Grenoble I can take a bus from there to la grave. Anyone know if there is a bus or train from chamonix to grenoble? I tried looking on http://www.voyages-sncf.com/ and http://www.vfd.fr/ but could not find anything.

Dont know if this is realistic, but what about through the tunnel to Turin? Would that be easier? doubt it but may be worth a look...

Or is there a bus to Annecy? I'm sure that Annecy to Grenoble would be a fairly regular bus trip even if a change is required in Chambery...

I would say buses over trains for that journey - the Vanoise Park is the sticking point of the trip!
    Riding bikes, but not shredding pow...

Quote Originally Posted by pivko View Post

I am in La Grave that week, we fly in to Grenoble about 20:00, 23rd Feb, & pick up a car, it might be a squeeze but a lift could be doable if it isn't too late for you. It would be good to meet up for a beer or ski!
    Last edited by Sparky; 02-01-2008 at 06:20 AM.
    Gone fishing

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    since there is ni snow and the weather sucks in fontainbleau as well im going Carnival all the way baby.
    here is my flatmate "atze" who went to his final farwell as an assistant teacher like this (80 new teachers who finished their assistant time, only 10 were costumed and he was "Atze " some sort of german clicheé lowlife)

my gf. the grand dame du vampirisme.

and me, leadsinger of a mixture of quiet riot, poison, and twisted sister.
    I WANNA ROCK!
    yes i was already drunk at 1pm and came home at 10pm because after 8 hours of cosntant beer and carnival music i was a wreck.
    KÖLLE Alaaaaf!

I wa sthinking of Font also... checked the weather and... not looking that bad really!

I'll be around Andermatt. If it's snowy Saturday morning, I may try Oberwald. Although looking at the touring map, most of the wald part looks like a nature preserve.

Val d'Isère DH cancelled : Too much snow...
    I hope someone is getting some, because I'm stuck in Paris.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Leysin reports about 15cm fresh today.
    Crusty underneath, but enough snow to make it lots of fun.
    Was good to rip around the hill. We needed the fresh.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleAl View Post
    Leysin reports about 15cm fresh today.
    Crusty underneath, but enough snow to make it lots of fun.
    Was good to rip around the hill. We needed the fresh.
    Yes, my old folks were in town (Lausanne). Snet them up the Berneuse with snow shoes and I skinned up to the top, Chaux de Mont. Had some fun turrns on the descent. The top section of Chaux de Mont was operating which meant easy skiing and fresh track freedom.

Will drag the parent to Montana tomorrow and hope for clear views toward THE peak.

B____n was very good yesterday. The trees caught a lot of snow and there was pretty much no competition for powder. Amazing runs through the trees with lots of little drops.

Verbier today on the other hand was a complete shitshow. So many punters and everything got tracked out really quickly. I hate bluebird powder days here - if we could have bad weather for the whole of feb I would be really happy.