Page 690 of 813 FirstFirst ... 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 ... LastLast
Results 17,226 to 17,250 of 20323
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    Edited because I see you meant Bever, not Bevar. If you only have a day or 2 between Zurich and Bever, I sure as hell wouldn't trek all the way over to St. Anton. If you are looking to ski, then Buster (of course) had good suggestions. If you are looking to do something other than ski before you go on to Bever, let us know and someone can perhaps recommend.
    I agree about St Anton being far for a day of skiing, I will have 5 or 6 days of skiing in St Moritz and I'm skiing with a strong crew so I don't really want to burn out my legs before the rest of them get there. I'm just looking to relax a bit, enjoy some scenery, drink some local beer. Thanks for the replies. Klosters looks cool

From Klosters, it’s pretty easy to get over to St Moritz via the train through the Vereina tunnel... The snow should be pretty good. Only issue is that it is holidays, so finding a place last minute could be difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mrburns View Post
    Klosters looks cool
    The tram soars right out of the Kloster Platz train station, so train access is easy. Wynegg hotel is 4 blocks away for the mondo goumando repast.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I maaaay be in Klosters Friday evening, so if plans allow, could grab a beer. Am on crutches, so unfortunately can’t show you around the mountain.

Chur sounds about as good as anywhere if you don't want to ski until you get to St. Mo. It works logistically (which is probably part of the reason you selected it), gets you about 1/2 way on to St. Mo and is a short train trip from the airport. My only experience there is a train change a time or 2, but it's on your way, and I at least recall it's scenic (like everything in ChH.

Be advised the the Swiss don't exactly rage all night long, so things will be a bit more quiet than you may be used to on a Friday night, but you are probably going to be dragging Friday after an overnight flight anyway. If BWP makes it to Klosters, hop the train for a 1 hour ride over there to meet him for a beer. Otherwise, I would just wander Chur a bit, find a bar with decent food and call it a night.

As for Saturday, I know you said you want to save your legs, but if you leave Chur at 8ish, you are in St. Mo at 10. Dump the bags at the hotel and go cruise groomers solo for a few hours? The scenery is stunning, lift tickets way cheaper than in the US, so you might enjoy the cruising before the hard core part of the trip kicks off.

Note the difference between skiing at Chur and skiing at Churwalden.

Forecast rain (which has been our predominant weather this season) and it is puking - all the grass and even the blacktop has turned white - heaviest snowfall (snow per hour) so far this winter!...in Chamonix
    Knowledge is Powder

Yo T! You back in Cham?

I'm headed to CH for a week in March and we've arranged a private guide for a couple days. What are the guide's expectations regarding tipping? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sillybunt2 View Post
    I'm headed to CH for a week in March and we've arranged a private guide for a couple days. What are the guide's expectations regarding tipping? Thanks
    10%

Sent from ullr with love!

Yesterday was a sleeper day. I thought the storm had fizzled out but found 40cm to play in nonetheless. I hope the rest of the month keeps little storms coming out way

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    10%

Sent from ullr with love!
    No one is going to turn down a tip but i'd also say that buying him lunch will be enough too...

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    Forecast rain (which has been our predominant weather this season) and it is puking - all the grass and even the blacktop has turned white - heaviest snowfall (snow per hour) so far this winter!...in Chamonix
    Yay a massive unexpected snow fall right before the busiest weekend of the season. I'm happy, really I am!

Longshot, but if any mags are going to be at Madesimo tomorrow, I'll be there with some friends who are weaker skiers and I'd love to link up. I'd love to make it over to Monte Caruga. Also, I've never been there before, so if anyone has some beta, I'd really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanL View Post
    Longshot, but if any mags are going to be at Madesimo tomorrow, I'll be there with some friends who are weaker skiers and I'd love to link up. I'd love to make it over to Monte Caruga. Also, I've never been there before, so if anyone has some beta, I'd really appreciate it.
    Go to the refuge in the clear dome near the top under the Laricci gondy for lunch or apres; super nice owner.

Cool, thanks, will do. Everything’s on wind hold atm, but still amazing to be here!

Snow for the Euros.

Thanks for the replies. Currently having a beer in Chur and thinking of skiing Klosters tomorrow before heading to st Moritz. If any mags are going to be there I would love to tag along. And of course buy a thank you beer or two.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2338.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	231.3 KB 
ID:	315731

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    The tram soars right out of the Kloster Platz train station, so train access is easy. Wynegg hotel is 4 blocks away for the mondo goumando repast.
    Buster,

Do you know if there is anyplace to leave my stuff while skiing at the Kloster Platz train station?

Buster,

Do you know if there is anyplace to leave my stuff while skiing at the Kloster Platz train station?

There will be day lockers in the station. Probably big enough for all your stuff but might be tricky if you have a second pair of skis. If not there would be a desk or shop that does bag/gear check - but you probably will have to ask around to find it.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Snow for the Euros.

Thanks for the replies. Currently having a beer in Chur and thinking of skiing Klosters tomorrow before heading to st Moritz. If any mags are going to be there I would love to tag along. And of course buy a thank you beer or two.

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2338.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	231.3 KB 
ID:	315731

Hi, snowed quite a bit here and will definitely go fo a couple of laps tomorrow, it’s 1,30 h by train from Chur but in the other direction.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1581690274.646049.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	227.1 KB 
ID:	315754

I will be up in veduls hood tomorrow for some fun and. could get you on the way.

So vendul, first tram tomorrow? I saw the lift status and slf numbers and want to test my 19/20 strem lap theory. And benefit from my half price abo
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Très bon a Verbier today

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    There will be day lockers in the station. Probably big enough for all your stuff but might be tricky if you have a second pair of skis. If not there would be a desk or shop that does bag/gear check - but you probably will have to ask around to find it.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
    sbb site says there is a left luggage office at the Klosters station too. Hours and phone number from website.

Opening hours
    Mon.–Fri.
    06:45 - 18:40
    Sat.,Sun.
    07:15 - 18:40
    Contact
    081 288 37 16

Quote Originally Posted by vendul View Post
    Hi, snowed quite a bit here and will definitely go fo a couple of laps tomorrow, it’s 1,30 h by train from Chur but in the other direction.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1581690274.646049.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	227.1 KB 
ID:	315754

I recognize that nice view! hope to see exactly that in about a month!

@bob C’était top mais on a pas fait backside ;-)

Last edited by stuntmanbo; 02-14-2020 at 12:51 PM.