Page 402 of 820 FirstFirst ... 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... LastLast
Results 10,026 to 10,050 of 20491
    Since I'll be joining you guys this winter, the pictures of snow make me stoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This is kinda like the goose that laid the golden egg, but shittier.

A friend of my gf up Nordkette today:

This was completely bare on Monday... Started dumping just before I had to leave IBK, now stuck in the UK dissertation writing for the next two weeks *sad face*

Really stoked to see the base building up! Let's just hope the föhn doesn't ruin everything. Less than four weeks to go to my own 3 month trip

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    I call bullshit!

There is snow,and good one that is. A bit higher and not on the wind side... Or so I just heard from some people that were skiing today...
    It doesn't look so bad! I might just go there tomorrow,even though pretty much nothing's open. (I hadn't checked the webcams).
    I can only see the eastern face from my home, and it's probably wind-affected, a lot.
    Always Fight Gravity

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFiz View Post
    Really stoked to see the base building up! Let's just hope the föhn doesn't ruin everything. Less than four weeks to go to my own 3 month trip
    Don't hold your breath. MeteoSchweiz calls for föhn pretty much all of this next week. Goddamn I hate the fucking föhn

Quote Originally Posted by coldwater View Post
    now stuck in the UK dissertation writing for the next two weeks *sad face*
    Another Maggot who's been to Aberdeen Uni?

Is the Cairngorm shaping up? . . . or melting . . . or storm scoured

Of all the places to bump into AU alumni...
    After seeing the footage from last season, i'm keeping my eye out for cheap flights from innsbruck to aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Another Maggot who's been to Aberdeen Uni?

Is the Cairngorm shaping up? . . . or melting . . . or storm scoured
    Yep!

It's been blasted by 165mph winds the last few days apparently, so presumably pretty scoured! A mate was at Glenshee yesterday though and apparently there was some decent snow, Nevis and Glen Coe are supposed to be shaping up really well though.

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    Of all the places to bump into AU alumni...
    After seeing the footage from last season, i'm keeping my eye out for cheap flights from innsbruck to aberdeen.
    Come swap if you want - you can write my dissertation here and I'll fly back to IBK and shred Nordkette!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Don't hold your breath. MeteoSchweiz calls for föhn pretty much all of this next week. Goddamn I hate the fucking föhn
    Yeah, the föhn really ruined it for us during our three week trip last March in the Zillertal area. Looks like it'll be on on Wednesday again, but hopefully the storm (!?) coming in after that remedies the situation.

Alright people, I want all your weekend Snow/Trip reports on my computer screen by 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning or you will drop a letter grade.

Me? Nothing. Trail running, stuffed sinuses, and Christmas parties are all I have. But that doesn't excuse your responsibilities.

Jerome sent through a fun little vid skiing some pow in the trees down from Montenvers: http://powderbible.com/2011/12/12/ea...ow-montenvers/

sierre chevalier

Quote Originally Posted by steven hatcher View Post
    Alright people, I want all your weekend Snow/Trip reports on my computer screen by 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning or you will drop a letter grade.
    dammm missed the 0700 deadline

Stoked to return to St. Anton mid-Jan. 15th - 22nd! Likely insane to travel from California to Austria with 3 kids under 3.5, but damn I'm stoked to return.
    He who has the most fun wins!

fun day saturday at marecottes. started off pretty fresh but got heavy in the sun by 11:00. i didn't clip any rocks so that was a good opening day in my book.

Last edited by Ripzalot; 12-13-2011 at 01:22 PM.

Scandis are getting pounded again!!!

Where is the love in the alps??

I went to Ovronnaz the other day. Lot of new snow. First time there, place is pretty flat, but has some nice freeride zones.

Yup, Ovronnaz was pretty flat off the main run, but the peak you see in the middle of the picture above, the one we went up, was quite tasty.

On another note, Grand Montet Chamonix was super wind affected (saturday). Very variable wind packed snow and the whole skiiers right of the resort was extremely wind scoured and rocky while the rest was quite filled in.

Goddammit this is getting kinky!

Had plans to head to visit gressoney & see friends after the christmas... Not looking like I should bring my powskis with me...
    On the other hand, west norway is getting utterly puked on for the next 2 weeks...

A) Italy = Good food,mates,free lodging,sun,good food,core shots,grappa,sun,good food,sun...

B) Norway = Pow, wet, sleeping in a tent, pow, expensive, pow, wet,cold, darkness,expensive,pow,darkness, expensive,pow,darkness...

Tough choices!

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

confirm a gr8 day in les marrecottes! found untracked snow in every run, didnt expect the base being that good. It was pouring this morning in Lausanne, with the snowlevel falling below 1000m! stoked for next weekend!

Fance is the place to be this weekend!!!

Forecast for Lech looks yummy.

Dumping at 830 m, Le Chable
    "Sometimes nuthin' is a real cool hand"

Røldal in Westen Norway opened this last weekend and did not dissapoint!

It snowed 30cm Friday night and Saturday brought good visibility and calm conditions. Started dumping again Sunday morning. Visibility was shit but the snow was very good.

Base is now between 110 and 170cm!

The whole of Southern Norway is getting hit by two frontal systems this week, but the temps could be a killer. Fingers crossed!

I take everything that I see on snow forecast with more that a few grains of salt, but the joseph and the amazing technicolor dreammap is frikken insane.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switzerlandsnownext3to6days.07ca.jpg 
Views:	656 
Size:	344.4 KB 
ID:	106182