Page 406 of 820 FirstFirst ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,150 of 20491
    Info i have seen&gotten via mail say about 40-70cm in eastern aosta valley and 60-80 cm in cerv/cour. But the wind is transporting a lot of snow atm.., avy danger is 5 in w-aosta & pso.stbrnd and 4 in c/e aosta.. Things are expected to go Big in the next couple of days...
    Stay safe peeps.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Thx. With this fresh stuff I like to ski the steeps/trees but inbounds, not a hiker or bc skier, something about 58 y/o knees, lol

Why no photo?

Verb has been closed all day. Tomorrow looks uncertain.

It's 7:45 a.m. Secret spot 'O' just posted that they're closed all day. Boo.

Things have calmed down here at work in Sanremo, so I'm going to try and get out of here early afternoon. Probably head for Cervinia with Courmayeur as a backup, for Sun and probably Mon skiing. Guess I better see what hotels are avail, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaRacer View Post
    Guess I better see what hotels are avail, lol.
    Cervinia, Hotel Le Piolet. From the center continue uphil towards the liftstation for 150m, there.
    Old italian bloke runs it,nice chap but speaks only italian. Cheap but clean and good quality housing there.
    Recommended.

Avoid the sport hotel and the other hotels in the centrum at all cost...

oh well, thanks for info, guess I'll keep on waiting....

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    theres just a little new snow at the arlberg (10-20cm) should be some more during the night, but nothing compared to the western alps.
    hintertux and stubai should not be worth it. no base, not much new snow, everything blown to bits and esp. stubai might not open due to wind...

freak~[&]

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Cervinia, Hotel Le Piolet. From the center continue uphil towards the liftstation for 150m, there.
    Old italian bloke runs it,nice chap but speaks only italian. Cheap but clean and good quality housing there.
    Recommended.

Avoid the sport hotel and the other hotels in the centrum at all cost...

Sorry, didn't see your post in time, got into a place for two nights by the highway turnoff, town of Chatillon, leaving in a few minutes, should be there just after dark.
    Last edited by BerettaRacer; 12-17-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Nice half pow day in Les Houches, only lifts which were running in the valley. Just got back to town this morning so dont know how much came down in last 24hrs but there was plenty!
    Still avy danger 5 and still snowing in town - lets see what opens tomorrow...

First track straight between the big opening in the trees at Verbier today. I was gasping to put my face mask over my mouth. Unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by Orash111 View Post
    I was gasping to put my face mask over my mouth. Unbelievable!
    Pics or it didnt happen!

Sorry. My gopro was out of battery unfortunately, I must have left it on all last night after checking it.

Plus, there was no way I was going to stop for pictures.

Just checked into my hotel in the Aosta valley, talking with the clerk about skiing either Cervinia or Courmayeur tomorrow. He was saying there really wasn't any skiing today due to avy risk, even the road leading up to Cervinia was closed today, they're going to call in the AM to check on road status. If I can't get up the road here I'll just head over to Courmayeur and try here on Monday. Not worth driving thru the tunnel to Chamonix for one day, I'll wait for sometimes when I can spend a few days for that.

pretty good pow in Lech

Quote Originally Posted by freak View Post
    theres just a little new snow at the arlberg (10-20cm) should be some more during the night, but nothing compared to the western alps.
    Oh, how wrong we were...

Quote Originally Posted by ZekeWolf View Post
    pretty good pow in Lech
    pretty good is a quite cautious description.

Quote Originally Posted by BerettaRacer View Post
    Just checked into my hotel in the Aosta valley, talking with the clerk about skiing either Cervinia or Courmayeur tomorrow. He was saying there really wasn't any skiing today due to avy risk, even the road leading up to Cervinia was closed today, they're going to call in the AM to check on road status. If I can't get up the road here I'll just head over to Courmayeur and try here on Monday. Not worth driving thru the tunnel to Chamonix for one day, I'll wait for sometimes when I can spend a few days for that.
    . . . especially when the situation at the other end of the tunnel is even more snow and more danger . . .

Val A opened at 12. Skied untracked with 12 other people all day. Get on it tomorrow mags.....enjoy the DUMPACANE (TM-Subtle) 2011
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Verb has been closed all day. Tomorrow looks uncertain.
    Nearly all here around was closed. Only something at Crans Montana - although that's together with Anzere the zone which got most snow in the last 3 days - and in La Fouly.

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    Val A opened at 12. Skied untracked with 12 other people all day. Get on it tomorrow mags.....enjoy the DUMPACANE (TM-Subtle) 2011
    triple secret spot in Val A!!!

Hotel just posted that the road to Cervinia is due to open at 9AM, but hey, it's the Italians so who Knows, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    triple secret spot in Val A!!!

Whoo hoo! More base building ... T - 11 ....

Well, needless to say, the Arlberg was absolutely FUCKING EPIC yesterday!
    Skiied some secret trees outta St. Anton all day with Kyle Miller, was waist deep and faceshots from beginning to end. We got some pics, I'll try to post them soon.... Snow dancin!!!

BTW Who's up for skiin tomorrow?

Testing but fun weekend

tectonically_neglectful