Page 484 of 820 FirstFirst ... 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 20487
    Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    Interested in thoughts between staying in Argentiere vs Cham.

Last 3 trips we've stayed right int he middle of town, then Pelerins, then Cham Sud, all were fine.

This year I have some friends who will be up in Argentiere so thinking of being nearby.

pros/cons?
    CarveMan if you haven't stayed in Argentiere yet then do so. Way better than staying in Cham - unless you have no car and just want to party....It will give you a much nicer experience of what the valley could be like.
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com
    IFMGA Ski & Mountain Guide

just started snowing here in lausanne.

Thanks guys - couldn't be less interested in partying.

just started snowing here in Leysin.
    Ski, Bike, Climb.
    Resistence is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by CarveMan View Post
    Thanks guys - couldn't be less interested in partying.
    You bet, see ya there!
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    Another fallen skier....Claude Nobs! (organizer of the Montreux Jazz Festival). He fell while cross country skiing near his home in Montreux. Hit his head and has been in a coma for 2 weeks. Vibes. I hope he recovers.

http://www.lematin.ch/faits-divers/C...story/17046317
    dang. he died. RIP.

++Vibes++ It takes all kinds unfortunately....

On a positive note, 35-45cm New snow in the Silvretta, looks like slightly less in the Arlberg proper. Will be posting some Hütte stoke soon.... Welcome back winter!

Scored some good pow today in the Haute Maurienne. Maybe only 20cm, but some local accumulations of more. Hard base below, but lots of fun anyway. Forecast is for (hopefully) quite a bit more over the next week.

Just got back to Switzerland, it's been too long an absence. So what's this storm going to bring us? Trying to decide if I should tour on my Lotuses tomorrow or something more mixed-conditions friendly. Advice?

Hope to see you out there again Orash, Oliver, Ripzalot, and everyone else. Cheers!
    -Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nstadie View Post
    Just got back to Switzerland, it's been too long an absence. So what's this storm going to bring us? Trying to decide if I should tour on my Lotuses tomorrow or something more mixed-conditions friendly. Advice?

Hope to see you out there again Orash, Oliver, Ripzalot, and everyone else. Cheers!
    -Nick
    Major snow up high on the western fronts. Check Verb but leave the skins at home
    that's not bad...
    www.nosiesta.com

Hi Nick, welcome back!

I am heading out tomorrow for a quick early morning tour (need to be back at 12)... either Glarnerland or near Waegitalersee.
    They got about 40 - 50 cm according to SLF weather stations (so need to play it relatively safe tomorrow). That would be on a mostly hard base since it rained up to 2000 m last week. But if there is really a minimum of 40 fresh, that should be just enough to not hit anything hard underneath.

Off to Slovakia tonight - things seemingly start shaping up there. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by blondin View Post
    Way better than staying in Cham - unless you have no car and just want to party
    Cham IS all about partying, no?

Call it 30+ bottom and 50 up high at 3V. Some nice shots in the trees today. Should be fun and dangerous up high tomorrow. Moving on that hard bottom layer. Enjoy and be safe mags.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

We're close as the crow flies, G. Shame you're not one valley south or we could share some turns. Absolutely loving my CD2s, best skis I've ever had.

Any wisdom to share regarding Lenzerheide for those seeking hor piste?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

got a few cm's in Spanish Pyrenees, anywhere from 1-15 depending on the wind depositing :-) some nice relief from the corn tho! Here's to a good next week!!

Austrias far east got bombed last weekend, about a meter of wet snow covered everything under a thick blanket. Surface got some crust and at some points turned to ice, but today we received a bit of fresh that made for some decent cruising. Managed two ascents before the drop in temp and the icy wind drove us off the mountain.

herr stoiber and mr. meteomodel at Lahnsattel/Lower Austria
    ~#at night the highway's diesel roar/speaks to me and tells me more/than any book I've ever read/or anything you've ever said#~

How´s the base at lower elevations in eastern Austria? I´m going on 19th and I´m looking for a place to go on the flyday, any suggestions? I´ll fly to Munchen for 08:00 and I´ll drive towards Obertauern. The forecasts are promising at the moment, but quite unsure ofcourse.. :P

Was able to take my new countdown 1's out for their first spin today on the nordkette! Geo, they are fantastic! Replaced my 2005 prophet 130s and they are sooo much more fun and easyer to handle. What you did to get the weight down for such a big ski, but keep them stiff enough is amazing. Just wanted to let you know that i really really happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Off to Slovakia tonight - things seemingly start shaping up there. We'll see.
    Where are you heading? Would love to hear a report about how things are over there

Buster - Im not so hip on the jargon these days, what are you looking to find out? I was working in Lenzerheide this fall, maybe I can point you in the right direction

How is andermatt shaping up?

Saw some webcam pics and things looked groovy.
    And apparently more snow should arrive mo/tue/wed?

As monte rosa seems to be a windraped shitfest, even by its own standards, I think
    we are going to head to amatt on thu..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    How is andermatt shaping up?

Saw some webcam pics and things looked groovy.
    And apparently more snow should arrive mo/tue/wed?

As monte rosa seems to be a windraped shitfest, even by its own standards, I think
    we are going to head to amatt on thu..
    Tracked out by 9:10.

Cham has been good the last two days....tracking teams are hard at work...but the level 4 avy rating and a closed gondola tends to keep the crowd in check (but not much). Pretty much a frenzy in bounds....
    Last edited by jumpturn; 01-13-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schnappi View Post
    Tracked out by 9:10.
    Ha!

Lies!

You are just trying to keep us tourons at bay!

Base seems to be in very good shape there?

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Went for a quick Saturday morning tour to the Mutteristock (2294 m, Waegital).
    The SLF weather stations did not lie.... 50 cm, sometimes even a bit more.

Super early skinning start at 6:30...... turns out the quick tour did not go so quick when you have to trench your way uphills in a group of two.

A bit past halfway up another for 4 people came to help.
    Fun day out. Here just a bit below the summit were the wind had some effect, therefore not soo deep. Lower down sometimes almost too deep (am I allowed to say this?) for the moderate pitches in between.

Look back at the upper playground