Page 689 of 820 FirstFirst ... 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 ... LastLast
Results 17,201 to 17,225 of 20483
    Even further from Zürich, heierling.ch in Davos should be able to do all you need. Same disclaimer: reservation needed, not inexpensive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MIchael Meier at Stoked in Zermatt does superb work on shells. Interesting shop that carries boots without their liners and only uses Zipfit and Intuition liners. Not expensive. Also, NIck Hammond at Mountain Air in Verbier is excellent. I've had major work done at both shops. Both are by appointment.

I would be shocked if you can't find a good fitter in Zurich or the area. Look for whatever shop is catering to the suburban race kids.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Oh well there goes my weekend. Yesterday I had to work. Today I'm still too sick to go touring. Well at least I have to "work" Tuesday and Wednesday in a ski area where my students go for "ski day."
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    So... I need some shell work done in Zurich. Where do I find a proper bootfitter near Zurich that is doing punches, stretches, etc. and familiar with all the tools and techniques? I understand that they don't do this much in Europe.

The liner work done by Ruedi-Bergsport was a great suggestion, but I need a little more custom work done, some punches and stretching (and it doesn't look like they do that type of service?). I should have just kept using my old liners, which were a little packed out but seemed to work, but figured I'd start with new liners out here. Should have gotten that sorted back in the US!
    There's loads of super boot fitters in Europe. I really dont know who told you there isnt

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Thinking about going on a road trip next week. Where should I go? I’ve read snow and weather reports but nothing beats solid local reports. I was thinking through northern Switzerland to France and back to Bayern

And be honest, if the skiing is as bad as it is here I’ll save the money for next winter

I’m out with a ruptured Achilles, but hanging around Klosters this weekend, I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some nice powder if you tour to some north faces. Biggest question is how windswept. Also, Zurich school holidays means lots of people around...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Amazed and saddened by how quick I hit melt/freeze crust in Verbier today.

(I was having a stinker tho.)

Go As High as you can.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    There's loads of super boot fitters in Europe. I really dont know who told you there isnt

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    Any suggestions for Zurich? Not that they don't have good bootfitters here (obviously they do - the race scene and all). Just heard it wasn't very common for recreational skiers to get bootwork done, so asking around amongst the random shops and skiers won't be very productive. Maybe that's bad info though.

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    I’m out with a ruptured Achilles, but hanging around Klosters this weekend, I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some nice powder if you tour to some north faces. Biggest question is how windswept. Also, Zurich school holidays means lots of people around...

Ack! Sorry to hear! That sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Any suggestions for Zurich? Not that they don't have good bootfitters here (obviously they do - the race scene and all). Just heard it wasn't very common for recreational skiers to get bootwork done, so asking around amongst the random shops and skiers won't be very productive. Maybe that's bad info though.
    INTERSPORT Voit
    Albisriederstrasse 342
    8047 Zürich
    Telefon - 044 492 35 31

Give them a try. A friend who is in a club in Züri says they work with them. No idea as to their competence though.

Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post

yuck. I guess done for the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    yuck. I guess done for the season?
    Yes, basically. If I’m really lucky and the snow sticks around, I might get to go touring in May/June? Going to talk to doc about sit-ski or ski bike to see if those might be earlier options.

You will come back stronger!

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    You will come back stronger!
    I didn't.

Just kidding. Heal up bwp. achilles is annoying, but after 10 weeks I was climbing again. And get surgery asap. It heals a lot better if they fix it right away !
    But train your calf. Mine is still smaller (9 years) than the other because I'm lazy... .
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I didn't.

Just kidding. Heal up bwp. achilles is annoying, but after 10 weeks I was climbing again. And get surgery asap. It heals a lot better if they fix it right away !
    But train your calf. Mine is still smaller (9 years) than the other because I'm lazy... .
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I didn't.

I have a bud who is still struggling 4 years after injury. Despite 3 x a week gym sessions, he can't really get one of the muscles to fire properly anymore. He came back too early and the other muscles took over and still limps a bit, so really listen to your physio bwp!

Jesus the suck continues... storm airballed on the snow but brought us two days of lift closure. I’m feeling pent up!

Weekend forecast looks pretty good in the West
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5520.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	594.5 KB 
ID:	315270

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    I have a bud who is still struggling 4 years after injury. Despite 3 x a week gym sessions, he can't really get one of the muscles to fire properly anymore. He came back too early and the other muscles took over and still limps a bit, so really listen to your physio bwp!
    This is terrifying. Will do!

Electro muscle stimulation to prevent muscle mass and strength loss

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Snow for the Euros.

Hoping this is an ok place to put this..

I am flying into Zurich this Friday morning and meeting the rest of my group in Bevar on Saturday night for a week of skiing St Moritz.

I have from Friday morning until Saturday on my own and looking for any suggestions on how to best spend my time. I currently have a room booked in Chur for Friday night and plan on checking out the Giger bar (which I found on one of the thread on here).

As I’m packing I’m second guessing myself and wondering if I am missing out on something or a more scenic/cool town I should stay in instead of Chur for 36ish hours. I see it’s been dumping in St Anton, so I could go there for a day.

Thanks for any input, I’ve packed and repacked a few times and geeking out until my flight in the morning. Haven’t done any Euro skiing in 10 years.

I would would also love to buy anyone a beer or two as I’ll be rolling solo and would love to hang out.

Lenzerheide (bus) or Klosters(train).
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Edited because I see you meant Bever, not Bevar. If you only have a day or 2 between Zurich and Bever, I sure as hell wouldn't trek all the way over to St. Anton. If you are looking to ski, then Buster (of course) had good suggestions. If you are looking to do something other than ski before you go on to Bever, let us know and someone can perhaps recommend.