Page 688 of 820 FirstFirst ... 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... LastLast
Results 17,176 to 17,200 of 20483
    Hahaa! But that's not Verb. I'm liking the new vid appareil, btw.
    "Sometimes nuthin' is a real cool hand"

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Hahaa! But that's not Verb. I'm liking the new appareil, btw.
    "Sometimes nuthin' is a real cool hand"

Quote Originally Posted by cultvo View Post
    Hahaa! But that's not Verb. I'm liking the new appareil, btw.
    There’s now a B in VerBier.

Was in schlick today. There were wetsnow avalanches after the rain. Shit in the run out of the chutes froze rock solid. I was not fast but still hard impact. Guys dont go to fast tomorrow during powderpanic!

Thats was on round one on the northside.
    Round two on the east ridge skied okay only a variable base from time to time.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200205_123642.jpeg 
Views:	116 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	314057

Sent from ullr with love!

Have the opportunity to tack on a ski trip on either end of business trip. Ski portion of the trip would have to be either the last week in Feb or third week in March and would either have to start or end in Cham, but also hoping to spend some time in the Dolomites. Would primarily be touring. So, if you had to roll the dice on ski trip with free airfare, which would you pick to maximize snow conditions and minimize crowds (been in Cham over Easter and am hoping to avoid the euro holiday/school break scene...)?

Stay west but avoid Cham... there are tons of places that are Not that famous Dolomites are not having the best of winters so far

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by brown chicken brown cow View Post
    Have the opportunity to tack on a ski trip on either end of business trip. Ski portion of the trip would have to be either the last week in Feb or third week in March and would either have to start or end in Cham, but also hoping to spend some time in the Dolomites. Would primarily be touring. So, if you had to roll the dice on ski trip with free airfare, which would you pick to maximize snow conditions and minimize crowds (been in Cham over Easter and am hoping to avoid the euro holiday/school break scene...)?
    This season, especially, you want to go high. I’m biased but love Verbier. As you probably know there are some great touring options in Cham and over in Courmayeur if you want some Italian flavor. Another option might be Andermatt/Engelberg or Zinal if you want somewhere quieter that still has some altitude. End Feb there are still some local holidays I think. March should be fine.

If you want to tour. go to arolla. 2000m village starting point. cool lift assited stuff and REAL big lines right from the valley as well.

click on val d'herens https://helveticbackcountry.ch/shop/

for some routes. from fun and usually boring (yellow) to woah! (black)
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

btw. euros. enjoy it while you can. the weekend and next week could be the last in a long while. another smal dump is scheduled for tue/wed and then: ALL models show the horror from day 9 onward (and they never agree when it's going to be good that far out only when the dry shit arrives....great. yeah yeah day 9, but this season ANY indicatio n of warm and dry came true. all the time..). and in late Feb the sun can really get to the base (which we dont have below 1600m anyway.).
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    btw. euros. enjoy it while you can. the weekend and next week could be the last in a long while. another smal dump is scheduled for tue/wed and then: ALL models show the horror from day 9 onward (and they never agree when it's going to be good that far out only when the dry shit arrives....great. yeah yeah day 9, but this season ANY indicatio n of warm and dry came true. all the time..). and in late Feb the sun can really get to the base (which we dont have below 1600m anyway.).
    it all started so promising. Nuked it in November xmas week dumpilicious, then.................

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Looks deliciousClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200206_083133~2.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	314200

First blastClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200206_083543.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	314201

Had a good time in Engelberg yesterday. Really good conditions and high quality snow. Visibility was challenging, but manageable if you timed it right, till it went blue sky around 11am. Finished up with a Laub lap. Good times!

Seemed to be bonding well. Needed a strong rollover and very steep to get anything moving. A lot better than last week when everything started moving after the warm-up. Curious to see what this next warm-up does.

Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Looks deliciousClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200206_083133~2.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	314200

Watched a biggie rip out during the bombing from the lift at Lizum. I guess the powderhounds waiting in the bottom station had a frustrating morning...

Meanwhile:

Not the deepest, but also not a bad way to spend a couple of hours before heading to the office!

One hell of a day with a bunch of fast skiers well above the Loisachtal. Deep, cold, and everywhere! Expecting wind effect but instead found blower. Good stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkleberryFinn View Post
    Watched a biggie rip out during the bombing from the lift at Lizum. I guess the powderhounds waiting in the bottom station had a frustrating morning...

Meanwhile:

Not the deepest, but also not a bad way to spend a couple of hours before heading to the office!
    No. They declared closed from in the morning. A cat crashed yesterday and " had to be retrived" and the slopes were not ready bla bla bla : )

Beer30 pics or i did not happen!

Too busy trying to keep up for pics!

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Too busy trying to keep up for pics!
    what are you doing on the chairlift?

Smoking dope when possible

Choise !

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Smoking dope when possible
    FKNA.

Quote Originally Posted by FatKidFromFL View Post
    FKNA.
    15:00 still not tracked, i like itName:  20200207_151303.jpeg
Views: 417
Size:  71.1 KB

Sorry for spaming.... found this untracked. NiceClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20200207_171353~2.jpeg 
Views:	92 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	314393

So... I need some shell work done in Zurich. Where do I find a proper bootfitter near Zurich that is doing punches, stretches, etc. and familiar with all the tools and techniques? I understand that they don't do this much in Europe.

The liner work done by Ruedi-Bergsport was a great suggestion, but I need a little more custom work done, some punches and stretching (and it doesn't look like they do that type of service?). I should have just kept using my old liners, which were a little packed out but seemed to work, but figured I'd start with new liners out here. Should have gotten that sorted back in the US!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    So... I need some shell work done in Zurich. Where do I find a proper bootfitter near Zurich that is doing punches, stretches, etc. and familiar with all the tools and techniques? I understand that they don't do this much in Europe.

The liner work done by Ruedi-Bergsport was a great suggestion, but I need a little more custom work done, some punches and stretching (and it doesn't look like they do that type of service?). I should have just kept using my old liners, which were a little packed out but seemed to work, but figured I'd start with new liners out here. Should have gotten that sorted back in the US!
    Not that close to Zürich but Michael Rieble at Arena Sport in Buochs can get you sorted. You'll need to make an appointment and it will not be inexpensive. Speaks a bit of English if that is a concern.

https://www.sportschuhfitting.ch/