Page 666 of 813 FirstFirst ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 ... LastLast
Results 16,626 to 16,650 of 20323
    Quote Originally Posted by peterbmoorman View Post
    One more question about the Euro scene....

Watching videos of people skiing St. Moritz and a few other Euro resorts, looks like basically skiing on cat tracks....

I see little polls marking the runs, and just on the other side of these polls, untracked powder that nobody is touching....

Why is nobody in this powder? Do you have to have a guide to go "off piste"? Are the unmarked parts of the mountain not controlled for avalanche?

These might be dumb questions, but I can't figure the skiing out. Not looking to be on groomers all day, but not looking to get into some uncontrolled avalanche terrain.

Thanks!
    as strange as it sound, most Euro skiers dont ski off piste. some small family style resorts the powder stays untracked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Good to know. Most of the videos had untracked powder just 2 feet off the groomer, with nobody even touching it.

Bananas photos!!

And pg. 666.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Chair View Post
    I spent a couple weeks in Feb skiing with a buddy from college in Austria. We literally had zero plan when we arrived in Munich, just a rental car and lodging for the first and last nights. Massive early snow had everything filled in and we picked up 2 overnight refills and a day of legit storm skiing. When it was all said and done we hit St. Anton/Stuben/Lech/Zurs, Montafon, Sonnenkopf, Solden and Pitztal. Several pics for your viewing pleasure:

More photos here: http://thelastchair.tumblr.com/post/...780876/austria
    Fantastice photos. Glad you had a good trip. The tumblr link is worth the click-through.
    What's the name of the couloir in the second photo? The black and white looking vertical/portrait...

Incoming!
    Landing ZRH March 7, f00nting around until March 10, then mostly likely going to do what I normally don't and go to a big place everyone else goes to: the Arlberg.

Unless the collectif advises otherwise.

It look like getting far East to Gasteinertal is going to be difficult to do in a day from central CH, plus they're not in a good pattern according to that overly enthusiastic europowder website.

So really, I'm interested in suggestions for what to do on the 10th when the temp looks like it's going to spike up a bit.

So until the eve of the 15th, it's the Arlberg when I'll roll to Klosters for a couple of days before Rueras.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Incoming!
    Landing ZRH March 7, f00nting around until March 10, then mostly likely going to do what I normally don't and go to a big place everyone else goes to: the Arlberg.

Unless the collectif advises otherwise.

It look like getting far East to Gasteinertal is going to be difficult to do in a day from central CH, plus they're not in a good pattern according to that overly enthusiastic europowder website.

So really, I'm interested in suggestions for what to do on the 10th when the temp looks like it's going to spike up a bit.

So until the eve of the 15th, it's the Arlberg when I'll roll to Klosters for a couple of days before Rueras.
    Looking forward to ripping around Klosters! And fingers crossed for some fresh snow next week.

Honestly don't know the name of that shot. It's super visible from the t-bar system at Pitztal, so we figured out how to get up there and went and skied it one lap instead of venturing the other direction and dropping off the other side from the Mittagskogel back toward Rifflesee.
    Fantastic. Thanks.

We'll figure something out for you buster... I've got some ideas for the 8th and 9th and I'll probably have to work on the 10th because holidays are over and school starts again on the 11th.

11th to 15th may be fun at the Arlberg. Considering the chance of an extensive storm system in that week, something more treeish might be better.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    We'll figure something out for you buster... I've got some ideas for the 8th and 9th and I'll probably have to work on the 10th because holidays are over and school starts again on the 11th.
    Cool! I'm going to ditch going to Gasteinertal since it's so far East and it looks we might be lured further west.

11th to 15th may be fun at the Arlberg. Considering the chance of an extensive storm system in that week, something more treeish might be better.
    Hmmm. OK... suggestions? PM ok if there are closely guarded secrets.

Page 666! https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Euros/page666

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    What are your go-to webpages for snow forecasting over here? Sorry I’m sure this question has been asked in the last 665 pages. Currently in Bourg St Maurice and heading towards western CH next week. Hoping to chase some storms, there definitel seems to be talks of a bigger snow producer in the near future
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

Quote Originally Posted by jskierpx View Post
    What are your go-to webpages for snow forecasting over here? Sorry I’m sure this question has been asked in the last 665 pages. Currently in Bourg St Maurice and heading towards western CH next week. Hoping to chase some storms, there definitel seems to be talks of a bigger snow producer in the near future
    In German: https://www.powderguide.com/

English: https://wepowder.com/en

All languages: https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather...erland_2660646

Quote Originally Posted by jskierpx View Post
    I’d add Bergfex to Buster’s list.

out of all of these below, which ones do you think are the most accurate. if you look at bergfex vs snow forecast vs wepowder, they 100%, never align....
    Quote Originally Posted by bw_wp_hedonism View Post
    I’d add Bergfex to Buster’s list.

Quote Originally Posted by ecsjones View Post
    out of all of these below, which ones do you think are the most accurate. if you look at bergfex vs snow forecast vs wepowder, they 100%, never align....
    6 and half a dozen between SF and Bergfex. Wepowder tends to be very optimistic. The Meteo Suisse app is excellent if you are in CH, particularly the short term precip/cloud cover forecast and slf is best for seeing where the snow actually fell and how much

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    6 and half a dozen between SF and Bergfex. Wepowder tends to be very optimistic. The Meteo Suisse app is excellent if you are in CH, particularly the short term precip/cloud cover forecast and slf is best for seeing where the snow actually fell and how much
    that is my strategy to a T.

I spent a couple weeks in Feb skiing with a buddy from college in Austria. We literally had zero plan when we arrived in Munich, just a rental car and lodging for the first and last nights. Massive early snow had everything filled in and we picked up 2 overnight refills and a day of legit storm skiing. When it was all said and done we hit St. Anton/Stuben/Lech/Zurs, Montafon, Sonnenkopf, Solden and Pitztal. Several pics for your viewing pleasure:

Attachment 272228

More photos here: http://thelastchair.tumblr.com/post/...780876/austria
    Money, good stuff and nice writeup. Full Wing Span for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by JackSkier View Post
    Anyone around Briancon/ La Grave between 30th March-28th April? I'm about for the whole period, would be cool to find some people to ski with
    I'll send you a DM

Marin born -> Chico State -> CH -> France -> Truckee
    Awesome thanks everybody
    "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?"

"Do people really call 911 thinking they will get seen faster in the ER?"

Thanks to the moronic dutch guy buster and me will ski with our 500 best friends tomorrow.

And probably tour with 100 of them on Saturday. I sure hope it snows in regions where he gets more money from, so he can focus on ruining resorts i don't go...

Next week looks fun and some snow will fall in WEhavenoclueabouttheweatherbutsendthehordestoyourr esort. Xxx - free zones as well.

It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Thanks to the moronic dutch guy buster and me will ski with our 500 best friends tomorrow.

And probably tour with 100 of them on Saturday. I sure hope it snows in regions where he gets more money from, so he can focus on ruining resorts i don't go...

Next week looks fun and some snow will fall in WEhavenoclueabouttheweatherbutsendthehordestoyourr esort. Xxx - free zones as well.

Skiing Monday amazingly. DM me with the go to boss
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

that guy shouldnt do that. i decided to go elsewhere due to his post this week

what did i miss and what moronic dutch guy? come to scotland if you want to be away from all that. Ill show you some lovely heather skiing and rock hopping

have a look at this weeks powder alerts...on oui-powder.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    what did i miss and what moronic dutch guy? come to scotland if you want to be away from all that. Ill show you some lovely heather skiing and rock hopping

Quote Originally Posted by powderfanatic View Post
    have a look at this weeks powder alerts...on oui-powder.....
    hes never right. youll get there and its tropical either way just remember to

"stay stoked"

This thread is fantastic. So much great info. Thanks to everyone who has posted.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums