Page 632 of 813 FirstFirst ... 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 ... LastLast
Results 15,776 to 15,800 of 20316
    And youll get Another Meter until the weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930F using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

anyone is the piedmonte area I'm hearing it's got fucking nuked as in 2m worth of pow

i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Hello snow for the euros, long time no see! I'll be in Ibk/Andermatt this season, snow conditions look decent for once I wasn't in the alps last season but spent a reasonable amount of time in Northern Norway and Finland, here is a video that we just released of a short trip to the far north of Norway. We got lucky with the weather and the conditions

https://www.facebook.com/Ajelutiimi/...8993304495809/

Took day off work yesterday and went to Lizum, sharky as hell but just a great day to not be in the office
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lizum_re.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	390.5 KB 
ID:	218840
    Sorry for crappy mobile photos. Views were spectacular!

Name:	lizum_view.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	218842
    Someone got hurt over on the Hoadl ridge, Heli was bringing in rescuse people, hope it wasn't anything serious or anyone on here.

I think we got a bit overexcited packing the car in the morning

Name:	Carboot resize.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	337.7 KB 
ID:	218843

Just great to get the season going!

Goddamn, it doesnt look to stop! Ive had more knee deep days this year already day after day

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Goddamn, it doesnt look to stop! Ive had more knee deep days this year already day after day
    you complaining?

i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Keep those thoughts to yourself! :P

Its about damn time we've got a real winter season around here!

Lizum was not horrible again today

looking good in Europe. Mt ski partner needs Africa to rap up his 7 continents. I just want to ski and have never been to Europe. Morocco seems hard to plan regarding snow. I was wondering if there is any city to look at that might have better rates on flights to Morocco. As we could plan Europe and just buy a ticket to Morocco if there is snow. thank's for any help
    off your knees Louie

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    looking good in Europe. Mt ski partner needs Africa to rap up his 7 continents. I just want to ski and have never been to Europe. Morocco seems hard to plan regarding snow. I was wondering if there is any city to look at that might have better rates on flights to Morocco. As we could plan Europe and just buy a ticket to Morocco if there is snow. thank's for any help
    I flew easyjet out of Milan to Marrakesh a few years back. Much better rates than flying out of Switzerland. Mike Pow's link will give you all the details.

Xavier de Le Rue’s Footage from the Attelas couloirs yesterday #cojones
    https://instagram.com/p/Bcu_e5XHhNv/

thank's Mike Pow and patxi. looks like prices are all over the place. we possibly could do it from Lyon around late feb. early march for under $150 US round trip with the baggage and seat add ons. Once again TGR comes through thank you
    off your knees Louie

#1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

I Moved House Today and i envy You all.
    Best early season for a losing time.
    Maybe Friday.

It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    We flew ryanair to marrakech from madrid. was cheap as far as i recall but you'd have to get to madrid. if you are planning to do toubkal i wouldn't worry too much about snow, it might not be good but there should be enough for the standard variation of "walk to the hut next to a donkey carrying your stuff, do the rest on skis from around there-ish" in any given spring, unless things really go sideways.
    Ich bitte dich nur, weck mich nicht.

15th powder day of the season today(!!!)!

Didn't get to Nordkette 'til about 1pm; still got face shots all round. Lazy morning due to the extended avi control - apparently they had to delay blasting by an hour as a group were already hiking up... Dumb, but Nordkette could do a hell of a lot to prevent this shit by being a bit more proactive about sharing information over FB/etc.

Easily 50cm at Seegrube. Kar was closed all day... Will be pretty special tomorrow, or would be if it wasn't guaranteed to be an utter gong show!

Bloody hell that looks like fun Finn! I was in Milan the whole weekend and have to work this week, so next chance is going to be next weekend. I hope the föhn holds off that long! How were the sharks in the lizum on friday? Base building up a little more?
    I'm suprised shit like that group hiking up the Seegrube doesn't happen more often. I'm not sure if its a case of people switching off common sense more readily each year, because the hardon for a blower day is getting bigger with each social media post, or there are just more people out and about and therefore the percentage of twats gets bigger each year. That the Nordkette isn't operating because they haven't blasted avy's yet, should be a decent indication to may be not poke around up there? Though you are right about their information policy, that could be a lot better!

Glarnerland was OK an Saturday.
    The sun even peaked out just in time for our ride down.

Name:	20171216_Thomas-GL.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	219106

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    Bloody hell that looks like fun Finn! I was in Milan the whole weekend and have to work this week, so next chance is going to be next weekend. I hope the föhn holds off that long! How were the sharks in the lizum on friday? Base building up a little more?
    I'm suprised shit like that group hiking up the Seegrube doesn't happen more often. I'm not sure if its a case of people switching off common sense more readily each year, because the hardon for a blower day is getting bigger with each social media post, or there are just more people out and about and therefore the percentage of twats gets bigger each year. That the Nordkette isn't operating because they haven't blasted avy's yet, should be a decent indication to may be not poke around up there? Though you are right about their information policy, that could be a lot better!
    It's like a morning jog for some people and they start skinning up way before the lifts would open or avy control starts. They should have a sign with a blinking warning lamp somewhere along the route if avy control work is due.. The problem is I think the Lawinenkomission only meets at around 7-8 am to decide about blasting and even after they make the decision they never announce it publicly. So definitely two sides to the story here..

Quote Originally Posted by keksie View Post
    It's like a morning jog for some people and they start skinning up way before the lifts would open or avy control starts. They should have a sign with a blinking warning lamp somewhere along the route if avy control work is due.. The problem is I think the Lawinenkomission only meets at around 7-8 am to decide about blasting and even after they make the decision they never announce it publicly. So definitely two sides to the story here..

Not really buying the whole "gotta hear both sides" argument here. It's their resort, so their rules. They have signs and they will tell anyone that bothers to ask that they're bombing. you can hear the bombs in the entire city every time it snows more than 2 cm - what do people think is going to happen on a pow day?

The number of people skinning up groomers has gotten completely ridiculous. Lots of drama on Seefeld's fb page if you want to dig. The resorts are on edge and honestly I would be too. I get wanting to do a morning jog with skis but you can do that some place else where you're not in the way of control work or groomers on winches. There are literally a dozen alternative options within a 20min radius ffs. If you want to shred the mad pow before anyone else go do a real skitour, don't skin up the resort...

Name:  IMG-20171218-WA0008.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  39.6 KBName:  IMG-20171218-WA0007.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  65.7 KBName:  IMG-20171218-WA0006.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  30.0 KBName:  IMG-20171218-WA0003.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  42.2 KBName:  IMG-20171218-WA0002.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  60.2 KB

Leysin Friday with geo

Sent from my FRD-L09 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by klar View Post
    If you want to shred the mad pow before anyone else go do a real skitour, don't skin up the resort...
    +1
    A little common sense keeps management happy and the resorts open for jogging on non-powder days.

Not sure keksie was really disagreeing, just that more info might be helpfull? I completely agree with you by the way.
    Nice photos charlie! Looks like you had some sun too.

Quote Originally Posted by McDee View Post
    Not sure keksie was really disagreeing, just that more info might be helpfull? I completely agree with you by the way.
    Nice photos charlie! Looks like you had some sun too.
    keksie knows I wasn't trying to pick a fight with him more information is always helpful.

Looking at Seefeld though, in addition to all the messages on their website and social media, they had a flashing, spinning light by the parking lot with a boombox attached to it that played a message on repeat along the lines of "cats on winches. you will die. do not skin on this groomer. go away. the winch cable will decapitate you. it will be horrible. do not make everyone miserable." no one cared.

at some point there's just not much else you can do if people are determined to get their way. if the "skinning on groomers" trend continues like it has the last couple of years, I expect many resorts will start getting serious about enforcing their rules. that's going to ruin it for the normal folks wanting to do a morning jog, even if they do it in a sensible way that doesn't affect operations.