Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth Mini

Splat, still needing a roof?

May try to make it up and stay at my pals house, lotsa room.

And still have fond memory of those 191 wides, sweet ski.

Piggity-110-116 was a no go? Shenanigans, mos def.
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

It all worked out in the end splat, bindings are mounted and had an absolute blast today! After being out of the game for almost 2 months, today made it all worth the wait.

Yeah Otto, I think it was just laziness and I didn't have any tools with me so had to just get it done. I played along and payed the cash but it's 1 more reason I'm not a huge fan of that shop.

Soooo.....how'd the fattays ski, Piggity?
    Got some pics for the Lhasa Stoke thread in tech talk?
    otto - hell yeah, if you're going. I had some free motel coupons I was going to use but would dig house life. Punani grabbed some cheap tix for me, so I'd be set with some sweet digs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    Can't bend 110s to fit 116? That's bogus. You could do that yourself for fucks sake.

Dates are May 13ish to 15ish.

P McP, I live near SFO if you fly in on Wednesday. I'm driving Thursday, most likely with Turx & Cinders. Should have room for one more. But I need to leave the Bay Area Thursday morning at 9:00am sharp. I have an appointment in Sacramento at 11:30 that will take 1/2 hour, then we're off to Mammy.

I'd also like to do some BC at least one day. Also not sure whether I'm camping or staying in a condo with Turx & Cinders - TBD on that front.
    Thanks bud, My initial plan was to roll with Schralph, but if that falls through I am planning to fly in early thurs morn or late wed night, and will send you a note.

They are absolutely sick splat, wrote a review in the lhasa wow thread. Extremely versatile ski and today was a mix bag so I got to try them in almost everything except deep pow. So glad I went with the Fats, 116 is perfect for what I was looking for in my everyday ski. Stiff skis with very consistent performance across the board.

Sounds like the knee held up well???

So we'll see you at the mni???

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Hutash, I'm sad to report that I think I just hurt my good knee. I've never had a problem with this knee. I'm so bummed right now I actually have tears here at Canyon parking lot and not from pain. Long drive home to think about this one

Pussy, I hurt my good knee in Cham this year, now I don't limp at all since both knees are fucked

Sorry to hear, that really sucks. The only good aspect of jacked knees is that it gets you really focus on good technique.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I hear ya man, one bad knee was mentally no problem for me to deal with. It's something I have done for the past 15 years to avoid surgery. The face that my good knee is potentially seriously injured is mentally taxing me right now. I've always been able to overcompensate on this knee to overcome the gimpiness of my bad one.

I was truly looking forward to meeting a bunch of you guys at the mini. A lot of the TR's and genuine stoke posted on here is inspiring and I was hoping to to share some lines with you guys and get outside my comfort zone. Now I'm trying to figure out how to mentally cope with either a double ACL rehab or potentially worse double surgery. I'm a wreck right now, so bummed for so many reasons.

Sorry to hear, let's hope all is well...heal fast.

iscariot

woopsy daisy,

somehow ended up on the first page and noticed this shindig had been changed from memorial day to the 14th...

probably gonna end up missing it as I'm photographing a wedding that weekend...

Thanks hutash, much appreciated. My ego is as battered as my knee knowing this all happened on a simple bank turn off the side of that rock under 22. I'd feel much better if this happened doing something manly, seriously.

Last post from me on it, don't want to cvnt up the thread anymore than I already have.

^^^^ All my injuries have been on mellow terrain/turns. I think that is a good thing. It is in the simple stuff that I get lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggity POW View Post
    A lot of the TR's and genuine stoke posted on here is inspiring and I was hoping to to share some lines with you guys and get outside my comfort zone.
    You can still show up and share the blow. PM SuPu and he may bring the hookers.

As for getting outside your comfort zone, ask for male hookers.

LMAO, thanks man, I needed that laugh! Good luck with the grom on the way, due date soon?

Hey, experienced Mammoth folks - what do you think the access will be like for the Crest? Lake Mary Road plowed and open? Plowed and closed? Snow-covered and skinnable?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

McPoser,

Since you probably won't be able to bring firearms if you're flying, let me know if you'd like me to pick up one of these bad boys for you:

I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

I could probably ski on 2 bad knees with one of those, hmmmmmm

The real question is, are we gonna see Optimus Prime rip some BIONIC action?

and
    Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Hey, experienced Mammoth folks - what do you think the access will be like for the Crest? Lake Mary Road plowed and open? Plowed and closed? Snow-covered and skinnable?
    bueller? bueller?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I hear lots of snow and not plowed yet but that's what I read on the internets and not what I personally saw.

I also heard plows were working at Tioga Pass. Hopefully that means the road to the gate will be open soon. I doubt the road through the park will be open for a while.

iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I also heard plows were working at Tioga Pass. Hopefully that means the road to the gate will be open soon. I doubt the road through the park will be open for a while.
    from last week:
    http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tioga.htm

Shralph, judging by the amount of snow i saw last week at teh gate, I would guess no on the road to lake mary being plowed by the mini.

Quote Originally Posted by cdlv View Post
    from last week:
    http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tioga.htm

Shralph, judging by the amount of snow i saw last week at teh gate, I would guess no on the road to lake mary being plowed by the mini.
    Good! Last year I think Dookey Ottime and Powdork had to skin on patches of snow on the side of the road for the 4 mile skin or whatever it is to get to the goods. Keeping my fingers crossed

Also, this page is rad
    http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/tiogaopen.htm

The last time we were at 178% at April 1, they didn't get Tioga open until June 30!!!!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    There is a recent picture of Twin Lakes here.
    http://discover-mammoth-lakes.com/ph...age-4-26-2011/

dude, that is a metric asston to the 10th degree of snow out there. drooooolllll

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Lots of snow for sure.
    Here is a link on it over at the Mammoth forum.
    http://forums.mammothmountain.com/vi...hp?f=8&t=10331