Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth Mini

Is anyone headed up to Mammoth this weekend? I could use a ride and one of my favorite pastimes is paying for gas...

this one time I went to the mammoth mini and a tent caught on fire, PmcP dug a road to nowhere, and schralpmacchio dropped half a splitboard offa the top of gaylor....

i can't be makin' it for all, but I'ma thinkin' a late sat night arrival at whereverthehell FKNA is and an easy tour around the top-o-yosemite and a day (or a few hours) of lift riding just above The Mill...

edit to add: close to page top tioga steeze

I'll probably make it down for at least a couple days and will be looking to bag some BC lines (e.g., Bloody, Pinner, Koip, Wood, Gibbs, Dana ^^^, etc., etc. etc.) if anybody is interested.

Looking like I may not make it until late Friday night or early Saturday morning, but may hang around until Tuesday afternoon. Definitely want to hit some of the above, knees willing.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I'm still trying to head up that weekend, TBD.

Thread hijack, do any shops in mammoth do a same day binding mount? I think most are overnight but just checking.

81%... that what they want you to think so you buy today... marketing 101 fluff

Well, I won't make it up to the mini, but I'll be up the week of labor day if anyone wants to schralp then.

Can anyone hook us up with a local brand rep or whatever for Mrs. Shred to demo a new board or two while we're in the neighborhood? She's probably in the market for a new mid-fat to fat alpine setup this spring, too, but the board is more pressing and she definitely wants/needs to demo.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    this one time I went to the mammoth mini and a tent caught on fire, PmcP dug a road to nowhere, and schralpmacchio dropped half a splitboard offa the top of gaylor....

Sigh. So tempted to use my vouchers to fly to SFO and hop the clown car...

edit: Convince me why. Also, if someone will mount my Naxo NX21s for a 6 pack there, well, motivation...

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    Also, if someone will mount my Naxo NX21s for a 6 pack there, well, motivation...
    If you show up in the clown car I will mount the Naxos for you in the parking lot.I will have the tools in my truck..

Schralp, ball in your court homey...

Dood if you can make it, awesome!

I'm definitely going up ... driving up to SLT Thursday night so I don't run over any more rocks on 395 and dent my gas tank like in 2008. Waking up BCOD friday morning and driving down to eastside. Driving back Sunday afternoon to Oakland. Life would be a bit easier if you could get to OAK over SFO since I live in Oakland, but we could make it work.

The main problem is that I'm touring Friday and Sunday for sure. I guess I could tour near the resort those days, but was hoping to get a look at Ginny / Lundy / Tioga which are all a bit of a ways from the resort.

Maybe I can hook you up with Mach Looney - he lives in SF and is looking for a carpool buddy - and we can caravan. Not as fun as the clown car but I'll tail you guys and watch to make sure you guys don't burn down his Passat on 395 because of the flaming rocks you guys throw in the backseat to keep your bums warm on the drive

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

I'm testing out the knee this weekend, that's one hurdle whether piggity will be at the mini or not. Bad knee = no go. Wish me luck!

Anyone else heading up this weekend?

Going to June Saturday for the closer.Mammoth on Sunday/Monday.They moved the concert to the Village tommorow evening,should be fun.

Cool, maybe some turns on Sunday? My friend backed out so I'll be riding solomente. Should be fun regardless

SPAM.
    Didn't want to create a new thread so thought I'd spam it here even though it's nowhere close to Newport Beach. Mammoth is in cali, which makes it closer than my home of BC.

If you haven't seen it yet Out of the Shadows is playing at the Newport Beach Film Festival on Thursday May 5th at 8:30pm at triangle square 7. Go check it out.

Tickets...http://newportbeach.slated.com/2011/...wportbeach2011

Looking to tour too schralp...ill look into oak

Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    Looking to tour too schralp...ill look into oak
    I could mount the Naxos for you first thing Friday morning in town/condo if you want to tour that day.Gives you some local options which should be firing.Its cold there again this weekend...

Sounds good Twins, I'm ironing out the details and what not, will PM you my #.

^^^There is lots of snow at the fort, so arrive early to dig the road out, please.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Piggity POW View Post
    I'm still trying to head up that weekend, TBD.

Thread hijack, do any shops in mammoth do a same day binding mount? I think most are overnight but just checking.
    Piggity - go to The Ski Renter and have Rob mount them. He knows Bros.

what are the dates again? WHISKEY!
    surviving in the city, powered by wellbutrin

I tied splAt, guy immediately saidnhe wouldn't do an overnight mount.

Now at footloose and the tech said he can't bend 110's to fit a 116, so now they're charging me an extra fifty bones for breaks, what the fark!

Can't bend 110s to fit 116? That's bogus. You could do that yourself for fucks sake.

Dates are May 13ish to 15ish.

P McP, I live near SFO if you fly in on Wednesday. I'm driving Thursday, most likely with Turx & Cinders. Should have room for one more. But I need to leave the Bay Area Thursday morning at 9:00am sharp. I have an appointment in Sacramento at 11:30 that will take 1/2 hour, then we're off to Mammy.

I'd also like to do some BC at least one day. Also not sure whether I'm camping or staying in a condo with Turx & Cinders - TBD on that front.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

I know sinecure, I didn't feel like arguing with the guy. I had already been told by the other shop he wouldn't mount my clamps so I was running out of shops so I just went with it.

I'm almost willing to bet I show up tomorrow and they try to keep my 110's after they swap them out.

Reread my post above, holy typos. Splat, I'm not sure u could comprehend my jibberish above, I went to ski renter and guy said no go on the mount. Not sure why, maybe he was busy. On the way out a guy named Andy stopped me and fondled the carbons, he asked if I got them from you and had mentioned he met you a few times. Really cool guy

Since he prolly didn't have a jig, it would have been a freeball mount.
    It might not have been Rob? Shit, if I had been down there, I would have done it for you.
    Hope the fuhreshies are landing there like they are up here.
    Had my 191 Fatties out at Squaw yesterday, lovin it.