Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    First/last time I was in Troncones the beach was one giant DOH death-closeout, but there are a couple points nearby that I'm sure were better and then there's always Saladita just up the road.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Tickets booked. Heading down to Troncones early September for some waves, Margs, and warm water.
    He who has the most fun wins!

anyone got any beta on oaxaca state start of november?
    Looking at doing an all inclusive to Puerto or Huatulco but first departure isnt until nov 1st. been there before in Oct and remember it gettign smaller.

Anyone have a good place they'd recommend for staying five nights in Sayulita? Heading there in April and will be needing just a one bedroom, preferrably north near the plaza with a pool and a/c.

We just got back. Trancones is a really fun Place. There are all types of places to stay. We stayed at the Inn at Manzanillo Bay. The waves is trancones are nothing special and most head to other beaches for waves. Staying at trancones and doing little trips to other beaches is not an issue and convenient We had no problems while we were down and had a great time. Mary's taco stand rocks.

Jhole,
    How would you compare Troncones to El Salvador?

Been down to Troncones twice. For me, the Point at the Inn at Manzanillo Bay combined with Saladita were perfect. Uncrowded, lefts (I'm goofy), user friendsly (Mrs. Comish had fun surfing there), long rides (Don't need to fly somewhere for short beach break in my opinion)

Just curious your comparison.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Anyone been to Troncones, near Ixtapa? Wifey and I are thinking of heading there for a bit in another month or so. Any opinions on waves, safety, places to stay?
    surfed there the last two days. Killer. I suck, but relatively varied wave (big outside, smaller inside) and totally empty. Shared it with 2 buddies and no one else. check out casa viva for a place to stay.

Anyone fly into Acapulco and drive to Troncones? Looks to be about 4-5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    Anyone fly into Acapulco and drive to Troncones? Looks to be about 4-5 hours.
    I flew into Ixtapa and drove to Troncones. Lots of decent little restaurants, pretty enough. But the surf situation was totally meh. Depends what you want I guess, but for surfing it was a letdown. And that was with a 30 minute drive. We bailed aften a day and went to Saladita, which is super small, just a few beach restaurants but at least the surf break was a surf break. Lazy longboard lefts, but something.

Surfing in Mexico is very good because the atmosphere is pleasant with birds in the sky. The climate over there is too good, it is not very hot hot, not very cool it is pleasant climate there. Rio Nexpa and La Ticla is the nice place for surfing but there are huge waves traveling in the sea so be protected, enjoying surfing and stay safe with waves.