Takin Punani's Lead-Time to cut the f-in leash

So, you would think that anyone who ski bums in JH would have the same mentality about skiing as everyone else...apparently I found the only guy who doesnt feel the same way as everyone else does around this town. We got into an arguement today based on the fact that Teton Village is rubbing off on me and making my not care about anything but skiing. I tried to explain that Teton Village has nothing to do with it and I've felt this way for over 4 years...it didnt seem to work and he continued to attribute my attitude to this town. That is just a glimpse into someof the topics we''ve fought about over the past few days... its just frustrating b.c overall i think im a pretty easy-going person and not too difficult to please, but this week seems like a whole nother story. I dont know...all i can figure it that its time top cut a lease that hardly even existed.
    "College degree. Good job. Big house. We all make mistakes..."

www.lizmarshall.zenfolio.com

Quote Originally Posted by SherpaStyle
    I dont know...all i can figure it that its time top cut a lease that hardly even existed.
    Every ski lease should have an early termination clause.

Please let ME take him skiing............maybee he will be enlightend...then again the body might not surface till june

I think WSD is running a maggot/maggette dating service. Inquire within...
    "I smell varmint puntang."

Quote Originally Posted by SherpaStyle
    We got into an arguement today based on the fact that Teton Village is rubbing off on me and making my not care about anything but skiing. .
    this guy has a problem with a girl caring only about skiing? it's definately past time to give this one the pink slip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx
    time to give this one the pink slip.
    Oh Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx
    this guy has a problem with a girl caring only about skiing? it's definately past time to give this one the pink slip.
    He probably has a pink slip. I bet it;s in the closet, along with some other baggage.
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

punani is back with his ladyfriend. so, do a better job then him with the cutting!

why does this lame guy live in teton village if his priorities don't include skiing?

I have to admit I'm having motivational trouble today. Didn't ski at all yesterday.

We neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed some snow.

Really badly.

Although I don't know the specifics, Sherpa, your story reminds me of my one skier GF. A wonderful person, but prone to making quick assumptions about my life and so thick-headed that she would refuse to hear what I had to say. It got pretty frustrating and I gradually lost interest in maintaining the relationship.

We're still great friends, though, and she may even make the road trip to the JH summit with me.
    Last edited by Viva; 12-14-2004 at 09:22 AM.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Ouch. My head hurts. I think I switched back and forth from beer to hard A one too many times last night. I was kinda drunk last night when i posted that, hence the poor syntax.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    why does this lame guy live in teton village if his priorities don't include skiing?
    I'm still trying to figure that out. He works at SnowKing and doesn't even have a pass to the Village. I was thinking that might be a good thing b/c I wont have to ski with him much, but it's obviously not gonna work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Idris
    Please let ME take him skiing............maybee he will be enlightend...then again the body might not surface till june
    He wouldn't have a chance. The other big problem with him is he's a snowboarder...He says he wants to learn to ski, but I took him skiing the other day and he was clearly just trying to humor me (and the rest of this town b/c everyone hates snowboarders around here according to him )

...prone to making quick assumptions about my life and so thick-headed that she would refuse to hear what I had to say.
    Sounds like their related...
    Last edited by SherpaStyle; 12-14-2004 at 09:39 AM.

[Z-BO's lame attempt at sounding cool] shoot the hostage! [end Z-BO's lame attempt at sounding cool]
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

JH heads

The heads in JH are "all about skiing" and if you're not you're a 90 day wonder. Snowking? WTF? I would see that as a conflict in interest with out a doubt.

Very cool Zeebo.

Sherpa is about to hop on the bus in a ski town. Imagine that, a single chick in a ski town. Don't get too comfortable, you needn't ride long.

Unless that is what you're holding out for.
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.

how the hell did a snowboarder working at snow king get a girlfriend in JH in the first place?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

Sherpa - you're a young, cute girl living in a testosterone-filled small mountain town who's a rippin' skier and bc lover. YOU ARE AN EXTREMELY RARE COMMODITY. THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER!!!! There's 100 guys lining up behind him that would take his spot in a heart beat. No exaggeration. You're getting a mere glimpse at the headaches that most of us guys go through simply because our love of skiing doesn't match our female companion's indifference towards skiing. Good luck, and keep us desk jockies who desire some sort of excitement during our abysmally dull day informed!
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver
    Sherpa is about to hop on the bus in a ski town. Imagine that, a single chick in a ski town. Don't get too comfortable, you needn't ride long.
    I didn't really get off the bus. I saw a stop that I thought was mine, so I hopped off for a sec... I was mistaken. The bus is still at the stop, so if I hurry I'll make it back on.

how the hell did a snowboarder working at snow king get a girlfriend in JH in the first place?
    Good question. The mountain hadn't opened yet... I didnt have my priorities straight. I'm working on it though.

Uber- Thanks! I needed that

Yeah, doesn't sound like you're too happy with this dude.

If you're arguing about skiing too much, you have a problem

You should be able to ski as much as you want, without any of that shitty ass baggage.

Best of Luck L.
    you sketchy character, you

My suggestion: Tell him, "Hey, _______, don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out of my life." Never look back. A confident girl who loves skiing in a ski town should have no trouble lining up a more than adequate replacement in no time. Or better yet, don;t try, don;t look, and pretend you are dating your skis. Then, when you least expect it, the man of your dreams will fall into your life. Only when you are truly happy on your own will true happiness find you.