Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    i've heard rumors of alaskan trout monkeys in the area. any sightings?
    rumor has it the fishin was meh but he got laid or a handjob or saw side boob in bozoangles
    yeah right
    more like wapped another out to ariel
    fish stokes
    have no idea who the old guy is if that's his son or an illeagle guide
    don't care, cool to watch good sticks lay em down hook em up and put slabs in the net and realese

leapfrogged them most of the day freindly peeps
    chose your weapon shot
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Can't believe I have to spell this out for you lonebraincell....

Him personally= ummmm, no
    That stream in general= obviously needs more enforcement (since we have concrete evidence of violations)

Are you stupid or something?

^^^ yawn. newb.

Had a chance to hit up the snake yesterday near the Canyon and it was one of my best afternoons of the year. The dinks were hanging out in the places I'm used to catching the nice ones and the nice ones were up in the rocks right on water's edge. Lots of bugs coming off so the hardest part was figuring out which one was mine. Clouds today look like they might be $$$$ with the temps staying warm. where are all the guide boats? october on the snake is like the skiing in april in the rockies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    where are all the guide boats? october on the snake is like the skiing in april in the rockies.
    No paying customers, no need for guides. Once school starts, vacation time and most bookings are over. The trade in the Rockies completely dies off by October. Thats why we joke about how it is a great job for rich guys who don't really need a full time job. The serious full time guides only live here for 4-5 months and are already rotating to Chile/Argentina, to saltwater destinations or west for steelhead after having lined up winter bookings from their summer clients.

So yesterday I had plans with a buddy to leave JH at 4:30am and try and get eaten by a griz in some off the path waters a bit outside of Jellystone. He called late sat. night and bailed. Bi was pissed. Decided to fish the Snake in JH instead and was kinda grumpy about the situation.

Point is I would have been pissed if I woulda gone up north ! The Snake fished as well as I have seen it fish. Large cutties from 10:30ish til 3ish on baetis nymphs fished in tue middle of the column to the bottom. Emergers were ok for mid sized fish when bugs were flying. Even in bright sun and wind, monster fall colored cutties were hammering nymphs almost as fast as I could get a good drift on em.

I was in the Park. Didn't see anyone. Go fish!

It is definitely nearing the end of fishing season for most greater Yellowstone anglers, if the end has not already came. Fall was unbelievable I the Tetons! Lasted damn near through the first week in November. Snow and chilly weather have dominated the forecasts for a solid couple weeks now. Even my overweight, outta shape body and brain are thinking about skiing powder more than fishing'. A poor base layer has kept me holding on to another day or two on the water instead of taking free time to explore the Teton bc.

Fishing on the Snake in jH is all but done for the next few months at best. I've heard a couple brave souls have been fishin the upper green and new fork with success. The South Fork is really the place to be for the next month or so. Despite higher than normal flows it has been producing. The browns are late and have just recently, (week or so), started to dig in a few of the regular spots. The cutts and bows are just downstream and eating. Small pods of cutthroats are I the slack water and slower sections, (lakes), along with tons of whitefish. Mild days without too much wind have been bringing them up on midges.
    Streamer fish has been good but will slow, (numbers wise), soon and nymphing will take over.

I think Sunday, (somewhat weather permitting), will be my last day of the 2011 season. Been wild with all the water this year! Felt extremely short. If I do get out this wknd I'll post one more report for our region. If not....happy skiin!