Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Master of the Obvious.

I figured this out in the 7th grade.

Barns full of young rich girls in skintight britches and boots being systematically dropped off by MILFY moms in Volvo station wagons, each fighting over who gave me a ride home... I worked at every Hunt club in southern Connecticut in junior and high school. Not only did I learn to stop and turn horses like a pro but the fringe benefits are paying of to this day...
    Thanks for this- my 6 year old has insisted we join the Money Burning Club. Is there any way to ensure that she is thrown and never wants to return? She's enjoying tennis as well and showing promise...
    No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Ahhh...tennis coaches.

Known for their love of....teaching...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Man, I thought for sure Ice would've told the dirty creepers to fuck off with his gene pool doing the h/j thing...instead he throws out a quality teddy quote. lulz.

heh, I forgot about this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    Is there any way to ensure that she is thrown and never wants to return?
    OldLarry, the three bigass titanium bolts in my daughter's shoulder say "no".

And your daughter will get thrown, no doubt about that. Try to teach her how to land.

"Thrown" is not really accurate. Any barn schooling 6 year olds should not have much of a bucking string. If a child is on a nice school horse with proper instruction she should be learning the basics of horsemanship, how to brush, lead ect. Ask about the school horses and go watch a group lesson without your kid one afternoon and see how the class goes, talk to some of the milfy mom's that are sure to watching and see how they feel about the barn.

When the kids get to be bigger and start leasing horses and going over fences, then the opportunity for above mentioned titanium increases....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burghley+Horse+Trials+dr1L-_u1VJVl.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	115.6 KB 
ID:	97029

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Ahhh...tennis coaches.

Known for their love of....teaching...
    Yes, I distinctly remember the tennis pro at my local country club rocked a Rolex and was always seen driving around if different high end SUVs.

Just found this thread. Yay! Rode/competed in the hunter/jumper world until just before I graduated college. I then leased my horse for two years and eventually sold her right before I moved to CO. Sad to say I haven't ridden in almost 4 years!

Any one in the Roaring Fork Valley have advice/leads on a local stable where I can help out with chores in exchange for a few lessons? After I get my legs and seat back, I'd like to transition to hacking/exercising people's horses so I don't have to pay to ride. Sound realistic? Would really like to get back into this summer, but definitely don't have the cash to just start paying for lessons.
    There are two rules to life...
    *Speed is your friend.
    *When in doubt, air it out.

Life. Liberty. And the pursuit of Shred!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mbizzles View Post
    Any one in the Roaring Fork Valley have advice/leads on a local stable where I can help out with chores in exchange for a few lessons? After I get my legs and seat back, I'd like to transition to hacking/exercising people's horses so I don't have to pay to ride. Sound realistic? Would really like to get back into this summer, but definitely don't have the cash to just start paying for lessons.
    Strang Ranch, down valley, is the high end place. You would definitely have to pay your dues there.

There are tons of rich people closer to town, with really nice horses that don't get enough exercise. I'll bet you could put an add in the paper and get some response right away. Just offer to clean stalls, exercise and horse sit for a nominal fee?

Ideally you would find someone on Red Mountain, Starwood or Owl Creek. Good luck, there's tons of good riding in the RFV.

my wife cant quit...
    this is how she gets her fix in NYC
    here is her ass
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/04/ny...xiliary&st=cse

& they are building a stable in Central park

I am 6 days a week on the mares, another month of arena polo ahead. Some annual tournaments that go back 30+ years. Gotta stay focused, play hard and try to get some more weight of the fat girl in the first pic, like another 200 pounds!
    Some random pics-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1369.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	574.9 KB 
ID:	97204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1373.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	444.7 KB 
ID:	97202   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1375.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	515.5 KB 
ID:	97203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1306.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	333.7 KB 
ID:	97205   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1304.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	305.6 KB 
ID:	97206  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	318GOO~1.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	920.4 KB 
ID:	97207  

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    I am 6 days a week on the mares, another month of arena polo ahead. Some annual tournaments that go back 30+ years. Gotta stay focused, play hard and try to get some more weight of the fat girl in the first pic, like another 200 pounds!
    Some random pics-
    The weight tape is your friend, Obi-Wan! Good luck and hope you have a great season. For some reason, I can't see some of the pics you post (Google Chrome settings that I can't seem to fix, dammit!), but put some polo action shots up, that stuff amazes me. My mother-in-law just recently started giving lessons over at the polo club outside of Austin, TX, on a completely unrelated random note.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Odd, I just attach the pics, have another browser? The weight tape is somewhere, buried. She looks Hapai' (pregnant in hawaiian)!

I was looking at what we spend for boarding, vets, lessons, shows, etc. and I concluded could easily have one of these instead...

That's a cl63 AMG, btw.

I'm still waiting for when it comes up for a vote.

Ya, and the cl63 will never colic at odd hours of the night or buck you off the road (if you know how to ride 'er!).
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Yup that's a nice car.

This is a faaaast horse. 1 Horsepower. Something about riding her at 30 miles an hour and having my friends going to the whip to catch me while I score is very satisfying....

I need to buy three riding helmets for my kids, ages 9, 10 and 12. Any recommendations? Or just go with whatever is cheap on Amazon?

I started riding again when I moved to Salt Lake and have a lesson tonight. Will try to remember to take some pictures of Skye - the punk gray gelding I have been riding. He has a lot of personality and definitely keeps me on my toes. Love him.
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I need to buy three riding helmets for my kids, ages 9, 10 and 12. Any recommendations? Or just go with whatever is cheap on Amazon?
    I would take them to a tack shop where they could try them on.. riding helmets are just like any other helmet, and fit is important...

It may also matter what discipline they are doing and if they will be showing, and at what level...

If they aren't showing, buy what fits, its comfortable and is in your price range.. If they are showing, and you don't intend to buy a "show helmet" you will want to find something durable, that matches the current fashions., or what is traditional depending on the event and venue, but I am out of the loop on what to wear..

Pretty much what mtngirl said, but the discipline and whether or not you'll be showing is important. What kind of riding at they getting into?
    There are two rules to life...
    *Speed is your friend.
    *When in doubt, air it out.

Life. Liberty. And the pursuit of Shred!!!!

This is so stupid it is funny. I just re-named one of my horse Ponita.

Quote Originally Posted by mbizzles View Post
    Pretty much what mtngirl said, but the discipline and whether or not you'll be showing is important. What kind of riding at they getting into?
    Riding western, 4h type of shows.

Riding western, 4h type of shows.
    Pretty much any helmet will work for western 4-H shows. Some of the kids use those colored helmet covers that match their outfits for shows (or use to, anyways). Just don't buy one of those western cowboy hat helmets, because they are absolutely ridiculous!

Just look for something that fits, with lots of ventilation. I think this is what I have, but a way older model.

http://www.statelinetack.com/item/tr...met/SLT653546/

Ha, yeah I told them no helmet cowboy hats and they don't have "outfits". Troxels have come up several times now.

yes I need to open my hands a bit, not push the pram, elbows in, toes in and open my eye. This was the first ride after far far too many years of not riding
    "So what's a homeless instructor do? Teach people how to build houses outta cardboard boxes and build good trash fires?" - Phuckhuck

if they catch the horse bug, no amount of metal in the body will change that. says the girl with a titanium plate and 5 screws in her hand.

Woodsy- the ass on the left or right?

Zion Zig Zag- the Troxel helmets would be your best bet. they have leather look ones, too, that western and trail types like.

Taz- i'd love to ride in that scenery!!
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere.