Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Cheer

Here is 34th street in Baltimore (Hamden). The whole street is done up.
    http://www.christmasstreet.com/hm0306.jpg

Here is the link to more pics of this whatever you want to call it:

Link
    "Steve McQueen's got nothing on me" - Clutch

Bah Humbug! to ScROOge

My wife is into Christmas bigtime. Our tree (real, of course) is so loaded with ornaments I think I might need to go into the basement and add some reinforcement to the floor under it. She wants us to buy a new house soon and I'm pretty certain one of her primary reasons is our current house really only has room for one Christmas tree.

Thank God for online shopping. I'm nearly done shopping and haven't set one foot into a shopping mall.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ
    If Christmas has lost it's meaning why not put the meaning back in Christmas by helping those less fortunate than you? Come on...lend a hand and spead some cheer. There are ppl out there with nothing. Kids whose only wish for Christmas is a warm coat and a home cooked meal.

[/B] [/I]
    I'll raise you one paradigm shift, KQ--Why wait until Xmas every year to start the giving/donating/helping? This has always confused me....bring the cheer all year long, suckas.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater
    I'll raise you one paradigm shift, KQ--Why wait until Xmas every year to start the giving/donating/helping? This has always confused me....bring the cheer all year long, suckas.

Totally agree with you on this BUT ppl ARE more likely to help this time of year than any other time so........
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    Bah Humbug! to ScROOge

My wife is into Christmas bigtime. Our tree (real, of course)
    Did you know that buying a real tree is really the better way to go? You support tree farms (in the US) plus the many eco-benefits listed below:

Below you will learn:
    Eco-benefits of tree recycling.
    Why buying a live Christmas tree with roots is an eco-friendly Christmas tradition.
    How Christmas tree farms benefit the environment.
    When Christmas trees are not eco-friendly.

RECYCLE YOUR TREE!

To avoid discarding old Christmas trees in landfills, where they consume much needed space, consider composting or mulching your tree.>An old Christmas tree...
    * Can be ground up and used as mulch in gardens, on trails, or in animal stalls.
    * Can be used as sand and erosion barriers on beaches, streambeds, and lakes.
    * Can be sunk into private lakes and ponds, where it provides refuge for fish.
    ** For more information on recycling your tree, click here!

BUY A TREE WITH ROOTS AND PLANT!

Planting a new Christmas tree after is a great way to leave an eco-friendly legacy. After only a few years, you will have a living reminder of fun and enjoyment in Christmas Past. American Forests provides detailed information about tree planting.

* To potentially reduce air conditioning and heating bill, plant trees strategically near your house to provide cooling shade in the summer and an insulating wind break in the winter.
    * Trees clean the air and provide pure oxygen in return. Planting 30 trees can offset your home and car's annual contribution to global warming.
    * Tree root systems hold in place soil that, if washed away by heavy rains, flow into streams and rivers, making them shallower and causing flooding.
    * The EPA claims that planting trees is the best way to reverse the global warming effect.

ECO-BENEFITS OF CHRISTMAS TREE FARMS

* While Christmas trees grow, they replenish the air with oxygen; just one acre of Christmas trees produces enough oxygen to support eighteen people.
    * Tree farms provide habitat for birds and other wildlife (However, pesticide use on Christmas tree farms could be decreased for even greater environmental benefits.
    * Due to their hardiness, Christmas trees are often planted where few other plants grow, thereby increasing soil stability.
    * For each Christmas tree cut on tree farms, 2 or 3 new seedlings are planted.

CHRISTMAS TREES ARE NOT ECO-FRIENDLY WHEN:

* They are discarded with regular trash and end up landfilled or incinerated.Landfilling takes up space, and incineration pollutes the air.
    * They are burned in your trash, causing air pollution and creosote buildup.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

We have yard waste recycling here in Seattle, so my tree will be recycled. These trees are grown expressly for use as Christmas trees, so I really have no qualms about buying a real tree.

KQ: can't we get a couple lines from "Santa Baby" in your sig? Come on, it's so hot right now

I like christmas to, BUT:
    can't start listening to ANY christmas music until a week before the big day, otherwise i want to pull my hair out by the time xmas actually comes.

Its nice to be going home for the holidays, but everyone is so miserable that they are traveling its pathetic. Cheer up you lousy fat fuckers, its christmas, show some cheer.

Shopping blows donkey balls during primetime hours, thank god i work from home and make my own hours, as to shop during the week, when the rest of the grumpy bitches are at work. Also thankful for the internet, ah shopping from the comfort of my own office chair.

Shopping while intoxicated at some level seems to make things much more merrry and cheerful for me. Less stressful as well, but sometimes confusing.

Holidays are all about good parties, but this year will be pretty different as many of my friends recently have had kids, so thinking the party scene won't be the same.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen
    party.

A topologists nightmare, hairball mangled medusa electric 1 dimensional polygonal horrors. Dancing tangled reefknot wretching hitches bowline irreducible constrictors snarled beyond the hope of homotopy to anything resembling a string of twinkling pearls. Intertwined Chris Cringle lost torqued bindled blindness labrinthine awful convolution.
    Aren't those lyrics from an old Dylan song?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

On the subject of being environmentally responsible...

http://www.christmasstreet.com/hm0306.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    KQ: can't we get a couple lines from "Santa Baby" in your sig? Come on, it's so hot right now

What? You no like Billy Squier? It's my new fav. I had "Santa Baby" already but maybe again before Christmas....

Quote Originally Posted by KQ
    What? You no like Billy Squier? It's my new fav. I had "Santa Baby" already but maybe again before Christmas....

Note to self: Anyone who remembers Billy Squire must be > 35.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo
    Note to self: Anyone who remembers Billy Squire must be > 35.
    I remember him and I'm only 34!

The Stroke rocks man!

http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov...74715kusx4.jpg

It's what you make of it.

My favorite day of the year. Several years back the wife and I decided to spend Christmas with our own little family, staying clear of our very large families. We have a little place in Vermont on a ski hill. Best day of the year to ski, snow willing. Everyone's in a good mood and it's really quiet. If it's snowing, it's a very sublime bonus.

Billy Squire is from my hometown, he's a few years older than me, which makes him facking old.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by iceman
    The Whelk is watching you.

Can he tell if I've been naughty or nice? Is he "Santa Whelk?"

Even when you're bad, you're good. No spew for you!

http://www.movieprop.com/tvandmovie/...d/soupnazi.jpg
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Jeez, didja y'all have to go and get seerius on me.
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Light reels $2? What are you? Nuts? I'm Scottish. I wind the stupid lights around the boxes they came in.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Given the weather forecast, I intend to imbibe as much christmas cheer as I can get my hands on. Please, hold the eggnog, I'll just take the brandy straight.

I'll play your game, Trebek:

What's really been bugging me this year is the GIANT inflatable snowmen/santa/reindeer/Jesus/etc with lights and all sorts of crap. These are probably the people who pulled out their light macrame, said "fuck it," and bought the easiest dumbest decoration they could find.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

I'll play as well. The worst thing about christmas is all the people bitching about christmas.

Well, if one bitches about bitching is that bitching too?

Well, if one bitches about bitching is that bitching too?
    Maybe just participating or observing or a failed attempt at a witticism. I know how you hate those smilies so.

Do I need one?

Do I need one?
    I'm thinking a pop-up window dictionary would be a better option.