Cool Being a Maggot means never skiing alone...

(any Liverpool fans out there?)

Big thanks to Mildbill, Basom, Girlfriend Jenny (who you know lurks here even though she won't admit it), Vinman, and Redbeard for their hospitality this past weekend. Nothing like rolling up to VT solo and managing to ski with some bros all weekend long.

Met up with the Mildbill and Basom show around noon at Stowe and we played the human slalom the rest of the day. Thanks for letting me tag along with you guys! Good to meet you both and Vinman as well... sorry for skirting out that evening but my power nap had the opposite effect on me.

Drove down to K-Mart the next morning and took a few runs with the masses. Was planning on getting over to the Killington base area to try to meet up with 'Sprite and Mountainman when to what to my wondering eyes may appear? But a PM sticker on skier named Red Beard! (oh feel that holiday spirit flow)..

Red Beard and his buddy were more the gracious in letting me tag along as every trail that was poachable was indeed poached. I consider myself spoiled rotten after getting such a capable guide. While listening to the rest of the masses grinding it out on the handful of open runs... Red Beard was leading us on a hunt of the fresh.

After Red Beard and his buddy had to leave, I tried calling on Maggot Radio 3-11 but couldn't get a hold of anybody...

The morale of the story? If you have the weekend open, don't post a stupid poll asking "should I go to VT this weekend or not." A bad day skiing is better than a good day of doing anything else... and there really isn't a bad day of skiing. Even Saturday's rain couldn't dappen the stoke.
    Last edited by road trip; 12-13-2004 at 06:52 AM.

nice to meet you guy.
    you didn't miss that much on saturday night, minimal shenanigans.

in other news Vinman has two of the most awesomest dogs ever, and all ya'll would have peed your pants off if you had seen mildbill's nancy reaction to Nala snorfeling her nose into the beer glass in his jacket pocket. you know the look those contestants on Fear Factor get on their faces when sitting in a bathtub filled with the grosest possible combination of insects and animal intestine? Well, Bill had that same experssion, incited by the cutest little dog and her cold, moist nose.

skiing was pretty fun. my knee keeps feeling stronger every time out.
    Last edited by basom; 12-13-2004 at 11:36 AM. Reason: opps. got the dogs name wrang.

Quote Originally Posted by basom
    skiing was pretty fun. my knee keeps feeling stronger every time out.
    Good news, glad to hear it.

Sick and ashamed and happy (and looking at a possible multi-day stay at Jay between the 27th and 30th),
    d.

Quote Originally Posted by gincognito
    (and looking at a possible multi-day stay at Jay between the 27th and 30th),
    d.

cool mang. i'll be there fer sure.

Talking

...ya'll would have peed your pants off if you had seen mildbill's nancy reaction to Tala snorfeling her nose into the beer glass in his jacket pocket...
    Ha ha! The best part is that this was predicted while enjoying the after-ski beer with all doing their best Mildbill impersonation!

...and all ya'll would have peed your pants off ...
    THIS I need to see someone do. Just once. Preferrably Female.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster
    THIS I need to see someone do. Just once. Preferrably Female.

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by truth
    BWAH!!!

Yet the pants stayed on, unfortunately. Nice rack, though...

Ahhhh the ever elusive red beard, now damn it stop your lurking and post more!!
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Moment skis

Quote Originally Posted by road trip
    (any Liverpool fans out there?)
    Yes, why?

If you were a true Liverpoll fan, you'd understand.

Damn woollyback.

Let me just tell you that this littel dog inquestion is only 45 lbs and very cute. She is a bit of a jumper and likes to give kissess especially to the mild one.

http://www.biglines.com/photos/blpic15439.jpg

So as the night is close to over and Basom, Bill and I are finishing up with a night cap. Nala climbs up on Bills lap sniffing his beer glass(booze hound) and licking his face, who is sitting on the couch. Bill proceedes to go into this half whine, half talk in his most high pitched nancy boy voice he can muster reating "I don't like it,uuuuuu, I don't like it, uuuuuu" as basom and I laugh our asses off watching the show. I finally pulled my sweet little pup off of bill's and continued to laugh at him.

And apparently Nala really likes bill. He had a second more intimate moment with my pup later the next morning...... stay tuned.
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by bad_roo
    If you were a true Liverpoll fan, you'd understand.
    psssht... and if an American knows it...

Kush - Red Beard was singing your praises He also mentioned that you hit up Mountain Creek in the winter. We'll have to make some turns.... well, as soon as it opens.

In exchange for vin being the king of all great hosts, i gave him a couple of embarrassing stories he could tell.

err.

i hate you guys.

I'll only tell the morning after story if you don't care

WhiteRoom Skis

i'm very concerned about upholding my reputation...clearly

Nala saw bills wee-wee!

Nala saw bills wee-wee!
    Bwaaaahahaha! (now we sure it's just a "saw" and not a... ah, ever mind)

If this story has peanut butter involved, please don't share

roadtrip: yeah man, I hit up mtn creek on the occasional weekday and some weeknights.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow"

Moment skis

OK. Nala is very curious and for some unknown reason likes bill. So it is about 8:00 am sunday morning and bill needs to take his morning.... constitutional shall we say. But bill neglects to fully close the door and being curious as she is Nala pushes the door open with her nose just as I am walking by.... To which I am greeted first thing in the morning by seeing bill sitting on the can with my dog trying to jump up and lick his face. My first reaction was shock seeing bill's desheveld self sitting on the can. That was immediately replaced with me thinking " wow this is going to make a great story for the board" and laughing my ass off. Especially since this was only 8 hours from the first Nala and Bill show incident wher bill acts like a big nancy boy. So I stand there for a second or two laughing at bill as he is trying to take a crap with my dog jumping up on him and licking his face. Then out of mercy for bill I go in and pull Nala out of the room and close the door before I go blind from the site of bills naked legs and ass cheek. My eyes, my eyes. I still shudder from the mental image of bills stark white...you get the picture. not pretty

WhiteRoom Skis

Raise your hand, maggots, if you would have run for your digi cam.

SaAaH (and glad that vinman didn't),
    d.