at the bottom of the worst air in the USA

Something to ponder...

One rule I followed on the ocean for twenty years...

"Those who fight then run away, live to fight another day."

Why push the envelope too far? Live long, enjoy all, experience all, pass it on to others.

I know bad things happen to even the best...don't take the chance folks. I've lost more than a few friends who thought they and their equipment could best Mo' Nature in the worst of conditions. In the long run the odds catch up to you.

Ever listen to a frantic "Mayday" from a buddy twenty miles away in an ice storm with thirty foot swells tossing tons of seawater basting their boat with a fast freezing marinade that rolls over hundred footers in a heartbeat? Then never hear from him or the six other you've lived, toiled, sweated, laughed, drank, and cried with? Then, in an instant, never heard anything from again...except a report that "someone" was found floating half in and half out of thier survival suit amidst the floating debris from the vessel? It hurts for along damn time...

Different terrain, same story in the b/c...play it DAMN SMART folks...nobody else needs to go down this winter. We can control where we are going and when we are going to be there.

Lets toast to our friends face to face, not in the past tense.

Please.

Lump
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

True dat

Good words, Lump. We do tread on a fine edge; ya gotta be smart how you handle the risks.
    Reminds me of a saying from aviation:
    There's old pilots and there's bold pilots... but there's no old bold pilots.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."

^^^Heard that alot at the point o' the mountain in SLC.

We used to say while paragliding.........

Better to be on the ground, wishing you were in the air, than in the air, whishing you were on the ground.

rolling deep

Nice thoughts here. I have had to "cool it" in a search for security. I want to be around for my kids. It's easy for twenty year olds to have immortality syndrome. Live fast die young yada yada

Nice lumpy. Good advice in many of the sports we do.

Wise words master Lumpy.