Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

FUCK YOU. LEAVE NOW, DOUCHE!

NO, NEVERMIND. STAY. TELL US WHO YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU SKI. WHAT DO YOU WEAR AND SKI ON?? POST A PIC SO YOU MAY FEEL THE MAGGOTS WRATH, MOTHERFUCKER!!
    NO! YOU LEAVE NOW, YOU ANAL NUT LICKER!!!!! BUT SERIOUSLY, LET'S NOT GET TOO WORKED UP HERE. I'M FROM BOSTON, MA, USA. I SKI CANNON, KMART, JAY, MILDCAT, ETC. IF I SWIPED YOUR POLES SOMETIME IN THE PAST JUST PM ME YOUR ADDRESS AND I'LL GET YA A CHECK FOR $5. I MEAN, IF I "BORROWED" SOMEONES SKIS OR GIRLFRIEND (OR MAYBE IN YOUR CASE, BOYFRIEND, BUT THAT'S OK), THEN THAT'S DESERVING OF A SEVERE BULLY BEATDOWN. PUNISHMENT FOR SWIPING SOMEONE'S POLES SHOULD BE A BLOODY NOSE ON THE SEVERE SIDE. A MORE LENIENT PUNISHMENT WOULD BE MAKING THE DUDE BUY A ROUND OF ALES AND SHARING A BOWL. PM ME IF YOU'D LIKE ME TO SHOW YOU SOME SECRET STASH UP AT JAY SOMETIME.

BTW, what size and brand poles you runnin' these days?

Peace, brah,
    -AGT

Try these, maade for park/pipe so they might hold up.
    Leki Freeride Carbon S
    16/14 mm Carbon/Kevlar
    Adjustable 44-60 inches
    One Year Limited Warranty Against Shaft Breakage
    Good runs when you get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gore-Tex View Post
    NO! YOU LEAVE NOW, YOU ANAL NUT LICKER!!!!! BUT SERIOUSLY, LET'S NOT GET TOO WORKED UP HERE. I'M FROM BOSTON, MA, USA. I SKI CANNON, KMART, JAY, MILDCAT, ETC. IF I SWIPED YOUR POLES SOMETIME IN THE PAST JUST PM ME YOUR ADDRESS AND I'LL GET YA A CHECK FOR $5. I MEAN, IF I "BORROWED" SOMEONES SKIS OR GIRLFRIEND (OR MAYBE IN YOUR CASE, BOYFRIEND, BUT THAT'S OK), THEN THAT'S DESERVING OF A SEVERE BULLY BEATDOWN. PUNISHMENT FOR SWIPING SOMEONE'S POLES SHOULD BE A BLOODY NOSE ON THE SEVERE SIDE. A MORE LENIENT PUNISHMENT WOULD BE MAKING THE DUDE BUY A ROUND OF ALES AND SHARING A BOWL. PM ME IF YOU'D LIKE ME TO SHOW YOU SOME SECRET STASH UP AT JAY SOMETIME.

BTW, what size and brand poles you runnin' these days?

Peace, brah,
    -AGT
    You really are a douche. If you stole my poles and I found you, I wouldn't have a beer or a bowl with a fucking dirtbag thief. I'd take your broken sharp pole and shove it right up your ass. Stay east masshole.

The only time I broke, or even bent a pole, was when I was pissed and smacked something with them.

Seriously, how do you guys break poles? If you are breaking them, you are doing something wrong, (or beating whores with them.)

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Seriously, how do you guys break poles? If you are breaking them, you are doing something wrong, (or beating whores with them.)
    Sometimes that bitch just won't listen...

Ya, operator error. Until that is corrected, get the cheapest crap you can find. Once a set of those last you for 10 days, maybe you could upgrade and spend some more coin.

My ICE USA carbon poles have lasted me 12 years (the company has gone out of business since I got this pair) and I have a backup pair for when these expire. The key seems to be not skiing over the top of them, although mine serve double duty as tree branch deterrents. FWIW, I am 6'2" and a pretty easy 250#s, so I think I qualify as a "Clydesdale".
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Well now I have to cop to a recent pole story... came out of the head at an on mountain eatery, grabbed my SINGLE ski, hiked to my other ski with the poles hanging on the tip and ski'd away. Stopped a few hundred yard down hill and went to tighten up the boots and planted the poles, Whoa! Short! and Carbon! Not my big old aluminum jobs! Was way to far up a steep crowded cat-track to go back, so, hele-on, down zee hill... showed my buddy who is a shop manager, Voila! he swapped them for some fine Rosi carbon poles the correct length and found the mini ones a new home.

I felt bad but Jeebus they hung them on the tip of my ski and took mine!

Oh and al gores texan, don't steal poles, the collective has ways of dealing with such crimes, I mean we have experts and shit:
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Ski Ermey View Post
    YOU FESTERING HERPES SORE! SHUT YOUR FECES ENCRUSTED PIE HOLE!

You are nothing but a JONG BLOWHARD who has done nothing good by the standards of my beloved forums. You spew pointless crap. I'd call you a troll but you are hardly worthy of that title. Your new title is PRIVATE DOUCHE GUZZLER.

DO YOU EVEN SKI YOU PENCIL DICK? You've never met a maggot or posted a TR. You know nothing of this place, NUMBNUTS!

PRIVATE DOUCHE GUZZLER, YOU HAD BEST UNFUCK YOURSELF BY SHUTTING THE HELL UP OR I WILL GOUGE OUT YOUR EYEBALLS AND SKULLFUCK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    WTF ?

I weigh the same as you and I have never broken a pole. So you must be doing something wrong ???

Poles are just poles. Who cares what brand or what material.

My only requirement is no more Scott poles after that bullshit lawsuit they filed against ON3P last year.
    I'm ~240 and a beater and have never broken one. Currently use some swix pole that is anything but straight, thanks to me.

Pretty sure you guys got trolled by Al Gore Texan. Just sayin.. I have a pair of old Goode carbon poles. By old, I mean around 17 years old. Ive fallen on them, knocked snow off my boots with them (sorry Beaterdit), stabbed things with them, and even beaten a few whores with them and they just keep on ticking. Maybe I got lucky. I'm 6'1" and 220 so I qualify as a Clydesdale, maybe on the small side. I got a pair of BD poles last year and broke the lower section one day, but it was during a total gaper fall down a rock encrusted line up at the bird, and I'm lucky that's all I broke. I would suggest you stop skiing over your poles.

A) Tech Talk JONG
    B) Lose some weight, fat ass
    C)Learn to ski, beater

I go through poles at about a rate of a pair every 2-3 seasons. I'm a chronic boot whacker (to clean the soles), this kills composite poles faster than Tipp, Phill and the OP can kill a sack of bacon cheeseburgers. I just buy the cheapest poles with the nicest grips I can find. For me, shaft material has made almost 0 difference in how long a pole will last- Al poles bend then break from me falling on them/smashing them into trees and composites "shred" and then snap. Cheap or expensive doesn't make that much of a difference for me, YMMV.

Are you snapping them in catastrophic acts or are they bending, then breaking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

I think some of you gapers are missing the point of the All American Ski Pole Exchange Program (AASPEP) Let's stop calling each other names and using capital letters and lots of exclamation points - it makes me tired to read those things! The AASPEP is designed to benefit everyone. Let's say some 'douchebag' steals your poles. ARe you supposed to go plop down $100 bucks for the least valuable piece of ski equipment? Hell no! You go find a similar sized set of poles from someone else and merrily get back on your way. The next guy does the same thing, and it goes on and on until someone who rented equipment just returns his gear sans poles. No shop ever cares if you return poles, right? It's kinda like the circle of life....

Chugachjed - nothing personal brah, but it seems like you've got too much first hand experience inserting things into dudes' rectums, so you and I probably won't be schussing together too much, sorry.

Oh, and I think a few peeps are getting my name wrong. It's not Al Gore-Texas, it's Al Gore-Tex. Simple jong mistake, no worries.

- AGT

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gore-Tex View Post
    You go find a similar sized set of poles from someone else and merrily get back on your way.
    Until someone "like myself" happens to catch you in the act. Then again your boyfrind might like a gummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    WTF ?

I weigh the same as you and I have never broken a pole. So you must be doing something wrong ???

Poles are just poles. Who cares what brand or what material.

My only requirement is no more Scott poles after that bullshit lawsuit they filed against ON3P last year.
    You should probably figure out the difference between a c&d and a lawsuit

Rental poles