Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In Other News

In Other News

I rappelled off my 12th floor balcony last night at around 3 in the morning after a night of drinking with a buddy of the Rev's.

But it wasn't my idea, I swear. I had just passed out around 2:30 when a buddy in my building called me after getting home from his night of boozing. He had left his house keys in his car, which was still over at the club, because he was too sauced to drive home. He leaves his back door cracked, so...I only had to rap down part way and then walk on the ledge over to the back of his apartment, and let myself in.

Sorry, no pics, although the thought briefly crossed our minds. I was otherwise occupied, and he was too drunk to find my camera himself.

Anyway, one night I'll do it for real with advance planning, in the middle of the night, ninja stylie. And I'll take pics.
    Last edited by Yossarian; 12-12-2004 at 05:16 PM.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Thumbs up

"I can't condone it, but I like it."
    Craig Kelly is my co-pilot.

Buy Your Lift Tickets in Advance and Save

Hey, I was relatively sober by then. And of course, I always use protection.

Once when I was super hammered I latched a bullwhip onto my bed post and jumped out of a 4th floor window. I broke through the window below me (The window was open and I crashed through the screen). Totally destroyed my downstairs neighbors poker game. I then swung back outside, let go of the whip and fell into the bed of my truck. I broke a JD bottle with my head, got 22 stitches, a major concussion, broke my wrist, wickedly bruised my hip, and dented my truck bed.
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

Talking

ONS wins! ONS wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Owens Never Sleeps
    Crazy shit
    Holiest of holy crap. Where the hell was I for this?

Wherever it was, it wasn't worth it.

I once, during the middle of a hard night of drinking at a Mammoth condo during junior olympics, I decided that the on up-man-ship game of crushing cans on our heads needing to be taken up a notch or two. So I climbed out the second story window on to one of those fake balconies (the railings stuck on the wall) and scaled to the roof. Everyone that was inside, comes running out to witness what's about to go down. The crowd had gathered, cameras were taken out, and by that point I couldn't back down. I walked up to the edge of the roof of the two story condo. I swing a 180 and hung my heals off the edge. I push down, spring upwards and backwards into a perfectly executed lay out back flip. I can see the flashes go off as I am rotating. I spot my landing, which looks like a nice three foot deep pile of fresh. I brace for a cushy landing. I break through about 2 inches of fresh and stop. Stop hard. Under two inches of fresh was solid as concrete ice. I ended up stomping the landing, but because I had just leaped from about 25 feet onto rock hard ice, my butt hit the ground, while my feet still were firmly planted from the landing. I then bounced a call feet high and flew backwards about 5 feet.

Amid throbbing knees, nearly dead ankles and bruised feet I fakely smiled while recieving drunken hoorahs. I played off the pain until I could get to my room and pop a couple of vicodens and pray the next days race would be cancelled cause my knees were going dead.

(just thought I'd add that, ONS still wins)

Yoss--that's the sorta shit you get for drinking with JG.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

And I thought bombing around a ranch on a quad, hammered, and shooting varmint with a 12 guage was bad.

You guys need help.

I vote we rename ONS, Indiana Needs Sleep.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I once got very drunk and came to believe the woman I was chatting to was much more attractive than she actually was.

True story. http://skiingismylife.com/media/serious.gif

this one time I was totally wasted and......

that's all, really.

(actually, I did pee out a second floor window once, but that's not the kind of thing I would ever admit to on a internet site.)
    “Within this furnace of fear, my passion for life burns fiercely. I have consumed all evil. I have overcome my doubt. I am the fire.”

All great stories, but the real reason for this post is to congratulate Arty on his new "Super Colossal Log" avatar. Well done.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by watersnowdirt
    this one time I was totally wasted and......

that's all, really.

(actually, I did pee out a second floor window once, but that's not the kind of thing I would ever admit to on a internet site.)
    BPPS (Blackmail Post Preservation Service)

How the hell did you do that?
    Signature removed for non-payment

Some just have good aim I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Owens Never Sleeps
    Once when I was super hammered I latched a bullwhip onto my bed post and jumped out of a 4th floor window. I broke through the window below me (The window was open and I crashed through the screen). Totally destroyed my downstairs neighbors poker game. I then swung back outside, let go of the whip and fell into the bed of my truck. I broke a JD bottel with my head, got 22 stitches, a major concussion, broke my wrist, wickedly bruised my hip, and dented my truck bed.
    Please note this guy owns a heli
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

I hucked the 3rd floor balcony at my on-campus college housing sophmore year. After a day of drinking from classes being canceled due to the snow, windrifts were 4ft plus on our side of the building. Same thing, drunk one-up manship. 2nd floor all day long, 3rd floor brought the party to a stop.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

Quote Originally Posted by Crinkle
    I hucked the 3rd floor balcony at my on-campus college housing...
    Mine was freshman year and there was no snow. I dun broke my arm.

edit: but no flip. thank god.

See, this here, right here, is why I feel so warm and welcomed amongst you all. You're as diseased as I am! HA!

Rev, JG is a bad man. BAaaad. Rockin party, and some serious talent too. I lost track of how many hotties I met last night. I'll be hanging with him again soon.

My rapp kit is always on the ready, have not tested it in a few years, but my balcony has been dropped but never while dropping, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik
    (just thought I'd add that, ONS still wins)
    Ummm, I dunno about that.
    When you're feeling down, just remember: It's always darkest before it goes pitch .... fucking.... black.

At 18 I got hammered after work one night and drove my Bronco into the Pacific Ocean. That was an interesting night. Around dawn, I was ticketed for parking on the sidewalk.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Hmmm....

Sick and ashamed and happy (and not sure if I'm looking more or less forward to our drinking contest at the summit),
    d.

Gin, I'd say that depends on whether you're on the 2nd or 1st floor.
    It's idomatic, beatch.

I never would have thought there would be a market for integrating this:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/...zer-device.jpg

into this:

http://a1072.g.akamai.net/f/1072/206...ges/670761.jpg

but apparently, I have been proven wrong.
    As I rained blows upon him, I realized there had to be another way.