"Switchback: Trigger Your Senses" avalanche documentary

http://www.rmpbs.org/content/index.cfm/show/215847

"Switchback: Trigger Your Senses" is a feature-length documentary about Colorado's unique avalanche problem, state-of-the-art avalanche control techniques, and professional decision-making in the field. The cameras were rolling for some of the best skiing and snowboarding descents to be had in colorado. The film also addresses the history of avalanches, backcountry snow sports, and avalanche hazard mitigation in Colorado. Shooting took place over the 06, 07 winter seasons and covered a lot of ground. Producers traveled extensively across Colorado from the CAIC headquarters in Boulder to the San Juan Mountains in search of avalanches and the mountain professionals who deal with them. The professional cadre interviewed include: Ski Patrollers, Mountain Guides, CAIC forecasters, CDOT avalanche control crews, USFS Snow Rangers, and US Special Forces Mountain Warfare Instructors.

I wonder if they will throw it up on the web after they air it for those of us without TV.

nice... thanks for the heads up pinner

Yes, looks like a cool show, but alas, not playing on my Dish Network in Yewtah. Have to keep an eye out for it on our local PBS stations in the future.
    Balmy today, eh? www.rmpbs.org sez it's -2F in Denver, Hah, we're in the banana belt, it's +6 here w/ 30mph winds == -19 wind chill.

You can support independent film by purchasing a dvd here: http://www.switchbackonline.com
    Last edited by Pinner; 02-01-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Pinner, get you're self over to the "Transceiver Practice Question:" thread with the rest of the FOBP usualy suspects and answers some questions.

Halsted
    "True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

great flick, lot of sweet avy and skiing footage!
    The killer awoke before dawn.
    He put his boots on.

The film and overall take home was really good and a nice suprise flipping through he channels last night. Hardly the best descents in CO but nice...
    Now my question is: What triggered the 'go' descision on those descents that triggered the avi's? Seemed like it was a 'watch me trigger and outrun this slide' especially after the first slope went. I'm sure I'm wrong but that was my impression, especially knowing there was detailed analysis prior to dropping.
    "Why do I always get more kisses on powder days?" -my wife

TV??? What the hell is that? Oh...you mean those boxes that sit on your cabinet with the moving pictures that show on the front-glass? ...and the commercials about salad-spinners for $9.95? Haven't had one of those in years.

I get all the TV I need from youtube and vimeo. And if I want to watch a movie, I just use the 'puter DVD. Matter o' fact...I hate the way the internet is sorta getting like TV now.

Too bad...sounds like an interesting documentary. I wonder if I can download it from the PBS.org site??
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."