2011 Volkl Bridge?

Anyone been on these? Thoughts? Compared to S3?
    Last edited by Brewski2; 02-05-2011 at 03:46 PM.

I skied both the 2011 Mantras and the Bridge at a mfg demo day at Stratton last spring--about 3-4 inches of new wet sno on hardpack and fairly cut up woods. I don't recall where they were mounted which I think can affect the feel of this particular ski but I think they would make a very good EC tree/park ski. They are softer and more lively/poppy than the Mantras, but won't crush pillows at 40 mph like the Mantras. I liked them a lot and if I was in the mkt for an EC do-all twin tip it would be near the top of my list.

I have a pair sitting in my basement, and will have them sitting there until next year. Was super-stoked to have found a pair.

The non-rocker Bridge was my favorite in my current quiver.
    Gravity. It's the law.

I agree. I've been on these twice this season and almost picked up a pair. Both EC days with relatively soft snow. Unless you spend all of your time at warp speed this is a great daily driver. Playful and very responsive. The only reason I didn't pick up a pair is that I want a wider ski for playing in the trees and pow. If you like these you may want to also try the Head Johnny, similar feel but stiffer (http://www.head.com/ski/ski.php?regi...untain&id=3040).

I've had approximately 30 days on these. Really fun in all conditions. I am going to do a full review one of these days....

Has anything been done to stiffen up the newer Bridges? I know the dims have changed slightly in recent years.

I am just always surprised at how much I hate these skis every time I get on my buddies. He has the 2008 version and we switch skis a lot, mainly because I am always buying something new and we have the same sized boot . . . free demos for him . . .

I owned the Prophet 100 and Mantra, so I am familiar with other skis in this class. I just think comparitively, the Bridge is an unstable, noodly, short sking POS. I really can hardly stand skiing them for run. This all surprised me since they aren't all that disimilar to the other skis I own. Maybe it is the absence of metal.

Just curious if the new model has been beefed up at all?
    "You don't want to run into me on the tram dock. I went to jail. I have an inclinometer, and a friend of a friend who's a lawyer. Why do you have to be such a hater? I was just trying to post some stoke." The Suit

"I demoed the Davenport 2 weeks ago, I really liked them a lot... the blue sidewalls and tip really looked great with my pants. I also tried the '11 MX98, they didn't look as good with my outfit. If you have blue pants or maybe some Lange race boots I recommend you check them out."

I've been using a pair as a multi-tool for non-pow days at Whis. Playful and fun. First ski <105mm I've skied in years. Not a pow ski, but personally I'd rather ski these than an aspirational rockererd 120mm ski when it hasn't snowed in awhile. For me it was a choice between the bridge or an Epicski carver for crap days - glad with my choice.

you might want to try a Nordica Enforcer, too. It's a great EC tree ski, but it does have a speed limit

Can anyone compare the 2011 Bridge to the S3(rockered version)? They seem pretty close on paper.

FYI not looking for recomendations. Just curious about these 2 skis. Vielen dank.

^^^^^
    I have skied both. Bought the first run of the S3s. Really fun, but the bases were terrible so I sold them. Rossi has corrected this as I've read. Prefer the 2011 Bridge (purchased this year) because I think the ELP rocker is a better design than the early-rise/camber of the S3. You get to use more of the running length on firm snow with the Bridge, but it floats just as well in powder. The Bridge is far superior in any kind of bumps as well. Neither handled ice very well. Crud was a wash. If you go Bridge, go 187 regardless of your size, they measure and ski short.

^^^ Good info. Anybody else? No love for the bridge huh? Too narrow for this crowd I guess.