Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    If you have the coin, I'd get a new A4 Avant. I know you said sedan but the Avant is so damn nice. That or a WRX 5 door.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Taking clients that are older than 30 out in a WRX is stupid. I test drove that thing and ruled it out as a work car. I felt like I was inside a noisy sewing machine.

From your posts about your skis and bikes you seem ok with buying nice toys and really enjoying them. If you have a garage, go for a Porsche that has been garaged for 5 years with the occasional road trip. You live in a place where you can really let it loose on some mountain roads, it is the opposite of your truck (if you're going to have multiple cars screw overlap), and you will not feel the need to upgrade to the next thing in a few years because it will still be able to max out your awesome-meter and you still won't have the dough to go italian.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

Hugh Conway Guest
    Iso Fidia, was for sale in Denver:
    http://bringatrailer.com/2009/10/23/...rivolta-fidia/

1980s Maserati Quattroporte

Why not look at the Maxima? It's sleek, fast, and comfortable. Not too large to park, but still large enough to spread out a bit. Also a lot easier (cheaper) to maintain than the various german options out there.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum Pete View Post
    From your posts about your skis and bikes you seem ok with buying nice toys and unloading them in gear swap shortly after purchase.
    FIFY.

Along these lines, I'd also be interested in buying your gently-used Nissan 370Z in a year or two. I'd like a "touring" coupe in white, with the sport and nav option packages, and with the synchro-rev manual transmission. Thanks.

As much as I like the look of the Cayman, I'm just not comfortable sitting in them, or in any Porsche sports car. The 370Z, however, would suit me fine.

OTOH, buy a Nissan GT-R, and sell me that in 2012. That works too.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Audi S4, Acura TL, Infiniti G Sedan, BMW 335i.

All are fast (S4 is fastest but not by much), all stylie (although the front end on the TL is ugly), all midsize 4-door luxo sedans. It's basically personal taste between these four cars. Each has slightly different features. None are dogs. These are the cars you want, although each has a less powerful and stylish (and expensive) sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by jon turner View Post
    Make sure the timing belt has been changed. Otherwise, sounds like a decent deal.
    2002 325xi doesn't have a timing belt, it has a timing chain, so I assume I'm ok... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    which is pretty boring... and "please move the seat forward so I can get into the back" isn't a great client entertainment move.
    Neither would a jetta.

So what would be NOT boring? And please, no rice.

Last edited by Johnny Deep; 02-02-2011 at 03:15 PM.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by BurnHard View Post
    2002 325xi doesn't have a timing belt, it has a timing chain, so I assume I'm ok... Thanks!
    Ah yes, you are correct. Sorry 'bout that.
    Ride Fast, Live slow.

We're mountain people. This is what we do, this is how we live. -D.C.

Forget everything I said above. You should buy this Unicat:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Spect...#ht_500wt_1182

(and then sell it to me on Gear Swap in 2 years, for $18K or so...)

Porsche, if you have the cash, or a SRT Chrysler Crossfire. Had a chance to drive one a few years back and they have a cush interior and go go go when you mash the pedal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SRT6-...6#ht_500wt_975

Hugh Conway Guest
    ohhhh the nouveau LeBaron! perfect for the sophisticated rontele. Or maybe the bigassed new porsche 4-door?

Rontele - bought anything yet?

If not, this 11-second Dodge Caravan could be yours.

http://blog.1aauto.com/2011/03/03/th...avan-for-sale/

If you are taking clients out Id be looking at mid size sedans like the 5 series and A6. If you ever have more than one client in the car it'll pay off in spades. The back of a three series isnt all that great.
    Live Free or Die