Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

We got a new pup.

Mongo Destroyer of Worlds or just Mongo. He is actually my 12 olds but she put me in charge of exercise. Hes a black tri came from a litter of 11.

People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

That is a seriously cute pup. Don't exercise him too much...I am sure that will be hard for you.

cute pup. bernese?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Australian shepherd, I wanted the red one but not my pick.
    People should learn endurance; they should learn to endure the discomforts of heat and cold, hunger and thirst; they should learn to be patient when receiving abuse and scorn; for it is the practice of endurance that quenches the fire of worldly passions which is burning up their bodies.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Nize doggie.
    Johnny's only sin was dispair

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
    Australian shepherd, I wanted the red one but not my pick.

wow...was I off...wrong fucking continent....

although...

Very cool! gotta love those little doggies, I'm looking for a "new friend" myself, you have great fun with the pup!
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

kewt!!! ^.^
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

awww puppers. Congrats!

Mongo does look a lot like a berner.

Good looking little pup. Congrats!

Puppies rule!
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

My kid has been wanting a bernese I bet thats why she picked the black tri. We told this time we had to get a dog that better matches our life style, and we already have a big lazy St. Barnard who can't hike 100 yds without wanting to take a nap.

Question: He sleeps in a create in my kids room but I can hear him crying some around 2am, do I go in a take him out? We has been in there for 4 nights with no accidents.
    Last edited by Tuckerman; 02-01-2011 at 06:01 AM.
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

Awesome! Congrats!
    Gravity. It's the law.

more pics of pup please!

Question: He sleeps in a create in my kids room but I can hear him crying some around 2am, do I go in a take him out? We has been in there for 4 nights with no accidents.
    Thats a tough call but I would bet that it is just waking up and wants company. You don't hike at 2AM?
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

We're dealing with that with our 12 week Eski pup. We take him out, more so just to keep him quite so he doesn't wake the neighbors (we live in a condo)

cool looking dog! enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    more pics of pup please!
    You got it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mongo2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	125.1 KB 
ID:	89851  
    --Buddha

*))
    ((*
    *))
    ((*

www.skiclinics.com

My stupid tailless dog did the same thing when he was that age. It always woke me up, so I would take him outside, he would do his thing, and then be quite the rest of the night. A couple times I would ignore him and no harm/no mess was ever made, but I think he appreciated the midnight potty break.
    The Worst mistakes, make the best memories.

Just went through this with a Brittany Spaniel pup, I ignored it for the first two nights as I thought he just wanted attention and he hadn't messed his kennel. One night I opted to take him out around the 2 AM mark and he proceeded let loose a number 1 and 2. I think it is a matter of the pup not yet having a grasp on bladder control, but keep in mind most dogs will opt to hold it rather than mess their own kennel if it is tight quarters. As the last few weeks have gone by he has gotten much better about holding it through the night. Another option is to put water/food up as early as possible so that the pup gets it all out before he goes to bed. Good Luck!

nice snow pup,
    got me 5 dogs at home, one being a 4 mo. old choc. lab.
    always working the potty schedule
    good luck
    bobby

It is more than likely some sort of separation anxiety on his behalf. Here is what I did with my aussie pup around that age: I took 15 or so coins and put it into a tupperware container. Whenever he would cry, I would then shake the container each time he started it up. It may help, if you do not have this already, to put a cover (sheet/blanket) over the crate. 1) this creates more of a house/safe environment, and 2) it will also allow him/her to not know what is going on when you're shaking the coins. They then associate the awful noise with them crying/barking. It should stop after a few nights. Whatever you do, do not let him out....he wins in the situation if he is out of the crate after crying.

Love the little pink spots on the the nose. Mine's spots are almost all filled in (he's 1 1/2).

Good luck.

going through the night is a long time for a puppy that age. Try taking him out and see if you canget him to whizz, followed by lots of praise, then back in the crate

Bumping this. I am seriously considering an Aussie. I've done a lot of research and it seems like the right choice. Any insights on Aussies Tuck?

May God help us all.

Nah, looks like a pretty great pup.