WTB: Salomon Ghost Top Buckle

I broke a top buckle this morning on my boot Salomon Ghosts. I checked with 4 large Salomon dealers in Killington, VT and none had a replacement buckle. They are going to order me a replacement on Monday, however they are not too hopeful it will come by next weekend.

Anyone have an extra they want to part with? Or know where I can find one that can be shipped to Boston by late this week? Its either this, ghetto rigging up a temporary buckle, or shitty soft rental boots next weekend.

Year, size, and side? I have an extra upper cuff kicking around for the left boot of a 26.5 2009 (I think).

I have the ghosts from the 2009/2010 season (purchased this past April) in a 26.5. The buckle that broke is on my right boot however...

Bummer, I broke that one too. Also I think mine are the softer model from the year before. That should be a warranty issue, I'd be surprised if Salomon wouldn't fix you right up...

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    Bummer, I broke that one too. Also I think mine are the softer model from the year before. That should be a warranty issue, I'd be surprised if Salomon wouldn't fix you right up...
    I imagine they will fix it... its more of a matter of how long it will take. A sizable (for the northeast) storm is rolling in this week... I doubt I will be able to get them fixed by the weekend.

Just a temporary fix, but if you've got an old (completely trashed) boot, could you not cut the cuff horizontally in a 2 inch strip in-line with the buckle, then just put that over your Ghost cuff?

or replace both buckles with a normal thinner one?