Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I'll be ready to toss back a number drinks tomorrow night. Feel free to get in touch.
    Heh... "a number" of drinks... I'm in.

I'm staying at the village for the rest of my trip, but this unexpected extra day, I think I'll stay in town. Any suggestions as to the most convenient place? I'll have a car.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Depends on 'convenient to what'...

checking expedia, the best western's $100, and across from sidewinders, a personal favorite sports bar, and includes breakfast. Sundance Inn is 80, pretty basic, right next to the square/tavern/wort/cowboy, no breakfast.
    just a couple out there....
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

5:30 start time at the Winder?

Not much all that exciting happens around the town square if you ask me so I'd stay at the best western. Plus, if any of us are out we can give you a lift elsewhere and back. Depending on what my Friday is looking like by happy hour tomorrow, I could very well be taking a cab back to Wilson on Thursday night...gotta pass right by the BW from most drinking establishments around town.

5:30 start time at the Winder?

Not much all that exciting happens around the town square if you ask me so I'd stay at the best western. Plus, if any of us are out we can give you a lift elsewhere and back. Depending on what my Friday is looking like by happy hour tomorrow, I could very well be taking a cab back to Wilson on Thursday night...gotta pass right by the BW from most drinking establishments around town.
    sounds like he's got a car, but you're no dummy not wanting to drive the gauntlet if it goes big! I've got class w/crystal at 715 so will need to start rehydrating around 830. There's room in class if you're interested!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Yooper, you could stay here, But I am deep in E. Jackson, same driving risk/cab costs.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    sounds like he's got a car, but you're no dummy not wanting to drive the gauntlet if it goes big! I've got class w/crystal at 715 so will need to start rehydrating around 830. There's room in class if you're interested!
    No thanks! I'm working out at my buddy's gym, (training to be balanced), from 4-5. I'll be just shy of slurring by 8:30 tomorrow night.

i've been pretty absent from the boards the past year, but if you're all meeting up at 'winders after 6pm tomorrow- that is stumbling distance so i'd be game to meet up for a couple drinks

I'm in for a slice unless wifey says otherwise

Ok..... Best Western/Sidewinders it is, then. I'm fighting a hell of a cold at the moment, but I'm resting up today and hope to be 80%+ by tomorrow night.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

awesome. We should try to score one of those new curved booths in the back, they seat 4-6, easier to add-on, add barstools, etc...

I'll be there by 5:30. I'll be the guy drinking like his Wife and Kid just left town for 2 weeks...if there is anyone coming that doesn't know me.

The wife and I are rolling in tonight!!
    Any Jackson mags do any snow kiting.... Looking for some beta....
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves

If there's a bunch of you gettin after it tomorrow evening, stumble into "Jackson's Hole" (behind/inside teton liquors, just west of the Virg) and check out some tunes. Open mic night over there, but it's a buddy's birthday and some of the serious musicians in town are swinging by. Stiff drinks and no cover, starts at 8...I'm the one that sings the Bowie

My plane doesn't land until like 9:30 tomorrow night, but I'll be there..
    - Phunk

Turns out my Wife and kids outbound was cancelled tomorrow so I won't be there. Friday........

Do any of you guys hang at the village..I would like to get a night picked, where's we could meet, and solve all the problems in the Mideast..In other words, buy you guys a few, so I can find out where all the stashes are.

Friday at Q?

I'll meet ya for a bite Rideit.

what's Q?
    - Phunk

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    what's Q?

This
    place. Pretty good happy hour and food. Same team that brought Rendexvous Bistro and Osteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post

This
    place. Pretty good happy hour and food. Same team that brought Rendexvous Bistro and Osteria.
    Huh... never heard of it. Looks good though!
    - Phunk

I will be in the hostel most likely 2/6-2/11. We can all ski some days
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I won't be in till Sunday night..
    Meet up sometime next week??

Turns out my Wife and kids outbound was cancelled tomorrow so I won't be there. Friday........
    actually just had some work stuff pop up that will keep me out of 'winders tonight so no go tonight for me. prolly won't get out of the Vil until late. but maybe a Q appearance tomorrow if a few ppl are going to be there. keep me posted

Am in hostel from now till 3 March, look out for the kiwis in the lounge near the fire