Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I think its funny when people on carvers ask on a deep day. Why are your skis so wide? Uh, see its cheater skis, why are you skis so skinny....
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

On a one week trip to St. Anton this past winter my friend and I were asked a few times per day about our skis, hers the S110 and mine the Prior Husume. Though those Europeans know how to farm the pow on skinny skis.

At Whistler, we only get questions about our skis from the tourists ... who also comment about the number of people skiing on fatties.

I just tell them it is you guys who are sticking to nostalgic toothpick-like skis, & quoting McConkey saying "I won't wait for ya at the bottom".
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by shafty85 View Post
    Yeah - it is ridiculous how many people up there have them. I'm jealous - though I haven't seen the Icelantic Keeper yet, and that will hopefully be my next ski.
    It's spectacular. Get it. You won't be disappointed.

I think it's funny when I see kids on mega-fat or rockered skis on groomers who obviously can't ski for $hit..

im past the laughing stage to annoyed

I don't have to explain anymore, is this thread from 2007?

I usually answer with something like, "Cause I like to rip on the groomers" ... leading to them thinking about it and then looking confused.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I think its funny when people on carvers ask on a deep day. Why are your skis so wide?

No one laughs. Rockered skis are serious business.
    Dick waving about your rockered skis on TGR; now that's funny!
    Last edited by bendtheski; 07-14-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Skied Lhasas/XXLs everyday EC for a couple seasons..."Hey do you need a Ski Nautique for those?" Just tell them to walk through a damn ski shop.

Round here the S7 is the out of shape beatered old man tourist from NYC ski of choice. I get asked more why I am NOT on rockered skis than anything.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I brought S7s back to Quebec with me at Christmas a couple of years ago. Someone in the lift line referred to them as "les bananes." I have been calling rockered skis that ever since.

But in recent seasons, the amount of questions has been decreasing, other than the Uncle Johns and Aunt Lucys who pulled their early shaped skis out of the garage for the first time in 10 years and haven't seen things evolve.