Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kirkwood lines

I get it if the second picture is eraser face...

In his first pic, Eraser Face is about 5 feet to the left. In other words, he's inbetween Eraser Face and Little Jim's. That must have been a sick year. I've seen Ski School fill up a lot, but that...
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I don't like the name eraser face. I'm calling it "right of Jim's before ski school" and urge others to do the same.

Stop the overzealous naming! That or we should come up with a completely arbitrary number system where that will be line R27.

Quote Originally Posted by monster dump.
    I don't like the name eraser face. I'm calling it "right of Jim's before ski school" and urge others to do the same.
    actually, it's "right of Jim's, but after ski school". don't make me come up there on one leg to show you the lines
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 12-14-2004 at 12:18 PM.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    actually, it's "right of Jim's, but after ski school". don't make come up on there on one leg to show you the lines
    Don't make us make you come up to show us all the lines on one leg.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

I guess all the snow confused me. Gotta make sure to check out the line on one leg next time.

Fine. "Right past ski school, before Jim's, the steep part with rocks and shit that you can actually ski before it just becomes a big huck"

Fuck that, it's R27 now.

Talking

Fine. "Right past ski school, before Jim's, the steep part with rocks and shit that you can actually ski before it just becomes a big huck"

Fuck that, it's R27 now.
    Hmmmm....I kinda like calling it "the steep part with rocks and shit.".

But R27 works too.

I'm still gonna come up on one leg though.
    One Gear, Two Planks

Stop the overzealous naming! That or we should come up with a completely arbitrary number system where that will be line R27.
    You can call it whatever you want, everyone at Kirkwood has their own trail map.
    Anyone have photos of Warriors? (SPís favorite way to end a run in the Lower Cirque.)
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

I have no idea what anything is called in the lower cirque. But there are some cool cliffs there.
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Please make it stop. This is like descibing "Tremans/One Man/Boulder Narrows/whofucking cares" or "Hell's Delight/Hell's Staircase/Devil's Delight/Devil's Staircase/why doesn't patrol put out their map." Just ski it damnit!!!

I tell you what though, I'm going to call Eraser Face "You're all a bunch of slackjawed faggots because you didn't huck Little Jim's instead."
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Artyís Bomb Hole is the new name for Heart Chute.
    The trumpet scatters its awful sound Over the graves of all lands Summoning all before the throne

Death and mankind shall be stunned When Nature arises To give account before the Judge

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark
    I thought Arty's line is called "Girly Man's"

Like I said before, I basically just name it by which chair I have to take to ski it.

Just in the last two weeks I have heard soooooo many names for the same crap. Skiin' Ian told me that he tore some cartilage on his knee on "ABC cliff" When he said ABC chute, I told him "WTF is that", why can't people just say the cliff next to Waterfall?

Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark
    Funny that you mention that. Sunday night I was enjoying a beverage at Steamers and chatting with the bartender. We were discussing mtb/skiing carnage, and I mentioned my little episode. He said his friend did Heart last year and said the landing sucked because there was a huge bombhole. I asked when, and he said the end of February during that huge storm. I told him to pass my apologizes on to his friend because that was my body imprint he landed in.

Hmmm, thought I saw some good pictures of the lines/cliffs around waterfall a little while ago. Anyone know where they are?
    You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Quote Originally Posted by runethechamp
    Hmmm, thought I saw some good pictures of the lines/cliffs around waterfall a little while ago. Anyone know where they are?

Yes, Waterfall can be accessed off 10 or 11. From 11, just get off and traverse towards 6. Or from 10 you can hit ridgeline and powder trees then cut right towards waterfall, just past smoke-cave.

Allow me to rephrase my question. Anyone know about the pictures I think I saw, and if they are somewhere on this messageboard? Could they have been posted by Tyrone?

so, basically, the steep part with all the rocks and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by descender
    so, basically, the steep part with all the rocks and shit.
    Exactly.

(10 something or other)

Cool

So, uh, I came across some pics from a little road trip to Kirkwood a few years back. Since the talk is about lines, which ones are these?

https://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...s/File0039.jpg

https://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...s/File0040.jpg

First one: Little Jims off of Chair 6

Second one: Looks like Once is Enough for me.

Once and Heart Chute are probably the only two lines that people agree on

Quote Originally Posted by skier666
    Second one: Looks like Once is Enough for me.
    Maybe it's the camera lens, but doesn't that look a little wide for the top of Once? It's definitely the right pitch and those guys trying to look off the edge seem to be giving it away also. The only alternative I can think of is JONG Chute, on the west side of Heart.

Hey, what are the names for all the lines in the lower saddle?

Quote Originally Posted by splat
    Hey, what are the names for all the lines in the lower saddle?

uh-oh....

One Gear, Two Planks