2006 vs 2009 Gotama

I've got the opportunity to trade a pair of the Black topsheet 06 Goats with Salomon S12 bindings (plus $30) for a pair of neon 09ers with Look Pivot 12 bindings.

Never been on a set of 09s. Is there a difference besides graphics?

Search; several threads on this. Yes, later on each season they got a touch stiffer.

I think I have the 06's (with the black topsheet/white graphics?) and they have a giant turn-up at the tail. Like a 90 degree quarterpipe. This went away the following season I believe.

I've skied both, and they definitely have distinct characteristics. I absolutely loved the old ones, and many people prefer them. I ended up buying the new ones, and love them too. It's just a matter of preference. I'm sure you'll love the new ones, as well, but they'll take some getting used to.

Also depends on mileage. Bought a set of well used 190cm black ones a few years back and they were total NOODLES. Didn't really care for them much, but probably would have dug them when new.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

they added toughbox construction somewhere along the line also, between gold and neon years I believe...

get the neons. ugly graphics but they rip!!! I know because I have them.

Dear afriendofcheese,

There are a plethora of skis out there made by a wide variety of manufacturers that blow the gotamas out of the water. Please take a deep breath, crawl out of your little bubble, and have a look around.

Sincerely,

Everyone
    "Life's not a bitch. Life's a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy." - Aesop

I quite like my Neons, but I would not likely buy them again— there are just so many other skis that fit my needs better nowadays. That said, they're a fantastic ski and they continue to serve me well, and will likely keep on truckin' for a long time.

I love my 09 190 goats. They're very confidence inspiring, versatile and haul some serious ass. Best ski I've ever had by far but I'm always a few years behind the curve.

Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    Dear afriendofcheese,

There are a plethora of skis out there made by a wide variety of manufacturers that blow the gotamas out of the water. Please take a deep breath, crawl out of your little bubble, and have a look around.

Sincerely,

Everyone
    Dear SpinalTap:

The OP asked for a comparison of 06 and 09 goats based on a specific trade he's contemplating, not your opinion that he should in fact ditch the entire trade, sell of his existing skis and start looking for new ones. Please take a deep breath, crawl back into your little bubble, and stop bothering us.

Sincerely,

Everyone
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey