Escaping the Tahoe drought: needs recs/deals for Summit Co., A-Basin? Beaver Creek?

The drought in Nor Cal is officially painful. Heading with the fiancee to visit some friends in Boulder this Friday and skiing on Sat/Sun.

Thinking A-Basin on Saturday, stay in Breck and then Beaver Creek for the hell of it on Sunday. Haven't skied anywhere in Summit Co. before, used to live in Durango at the other end of the state. Flight out of Denver isn't until 10pm on Sunday so we should have a good amount of time.

Not looking for anything particularly gnar, just solid skiing. Got any recs/deals on tickets/lodging? Heard A-Basin tickets can be had cheap at King Soopers. Beaver Creek tix will be painful.

Thanks in advance.

A-Basin is fun, and even full price tix aren't that bad, I think they are approx $55-$60. Beaver Creek isn't having a huge snow year compared to Vail or Breck. I'd check one of those two out. Possibly even Copper. I would hook you up with some of my discounted tickets form my pass but I'll be in Washington Saturday and sunday.

Thanks. I'll check out Vail and Breck too. Traveling with the lady and not afraid to get little plush if the price is right.

I hit Breck yesterday and there's still some untouched pow in the upper bowls if you traverse far enough. My first time in CO as well so I'm trying to decide what other place I want to hit (have 1 more day here)

Wanna hear a funny joke? I fly out to Tahoe tomorrow for what was supposed to be a week of awesome skiing. And the Mid-Atlantic keeps getting hammered.

A few weeks ago when we booked the flights there wasn't much indication that this drought would be so long-lived.

^^^ Make the most of it. Sunday will be rough, with cold, and if we a re lucky, a dusting. Things will soften up by Tuesday. Hit the lower resorts. Alpine has a lot of south facing. Heavenly gets a fair amount of sun.

Although, I would not mind a trip to CO right now.

Skip Summit co. and go to Snowbird.

The Basin is skiing really well right now. Enjoy. You can buy discount tix at King Soopers in Denver I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Skip Summit co. and go to Snowbird.
    I am headed to ski snowbird, alta, snowbasin the next few days; and they are looking to get as much snow as we are in summit co. Hopefully the snow forecast is wrong and they actually get some new snow.

Quote Originally Posted by MJbumper1121 View Post
    I am headed to ski snowbird, alta, snowbasin the next few days; and they are looking to get as much snow as we are in summit co. Hopefully the snow forecast is wrong and they actually get some new snow.

I haven't looked at the forecast but my brother is in Utah and here's the pic from Tuesday in Mineral:

Just an FYI - Dont push your luck too much on the Sunday PM return. Traffic on I70 has been known to be a clusterfuck on Sundays, with 3-4 hour trips to Denver from Vail not unheard of.

The conditions up high at Breck are fantastic right now. A benefit to skiing at 12k'.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Gradient View Post
    Wanna hear a funny joke? I fly out to Tahoe tomorrow for what was supposed to be a week of awesome skiing. And the Mid-Atlantic keeps getting hammered.

A few weeks ago when we booked the flights there wasn't much indication that this drought would be so long-lived.
    Well, I'm leaving Summit County where Breck got an unheard of 5 feet in a week last week, to go to Washington state, where it has been raining. At least I get to see somewhere new I guess.

I've got nothing ski-related to add, but if you like beer go to the Avery tap room Friday afternoon/evening.

As for lodging, I've found surprisingly good last-minute deals on hotels.com.

And I'll second the traffic warnings - last couple weekends it's been 2-2.5 hrs from A-basin, and some coworkers mentioned 5 hours from Vail.

Vail is skiing better than the Beav right now...almost 90" more snow ytd. You can get as plush and luxurious as you want to get. Discount tix are hard to find. A season pass holder can get you a buddy pass for like 84 bucks I think.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

It's really a shame that BC has less snow. BC is a much better mountian than Vail IMO

About to board flight to Denver so no changes to slc possible. Booked a nice place in downtown Breck through Orbitz and they offered some pretty good ticket deals as part of the checkout process. Vail/BC for $94 (nice bc we were within the 7 day window for advanced to tickets via their site)

Vail was even offering 3 days for the price of 2 or $70/day. Not too horrific. Still a bummer that my squaw pass is useless but psyched to check out a new place.

Will be sure to mind drive times back to Denver but have to chuckle: our Tahoe > SF trip can run 5, 6 and sometimes 10hrs when it should run 3.

Cheers