Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    Irish Carbomb (guiness, kaluah, baileys, whiskey)
    BZZZZZZ! Irish Car Bomb = shot of Bailey's and/or Jameson dropped into a pint of Guiness. Chug pint to "dissarm the bomb". -10 points for being a shitty drinker.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

Quote Originally Posted by FNG
    BZZZZZZ! Irish Car Bomb = shot of Bailey's and/or Jameson dropped into a pint of Guiness. Chug pint to "dissarm the bomb". -10 points for being a shitty drinker.

Whatever, I don't care what's in it exactly but I request mine with Kaluah added and it makes it taste even better. -10 points for shitting in the alchohol stoke
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

You know what's even better? An Irish fruitcake.

That's when you take a shot of kahlua and pineapple and drop into a shot of Strawberry Wheat beer.

Extra points for using a syrupy Colorado microstew.

Godamn you pinner. Now there's soup all over my keyboard. Thanks a lot you funny fuckin' bastard.
    "I smell varmint puntang."

Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    Whatever, I don't care what's in it exactly but I request mine with Kaluah added and it makes it taste even better. -10 points for shitting in the alchohol stoke
    Try an Iraqi carbomb.....a Jager shot in a pint of Guiness.......mmmmm

Virginia Gentleman Bourbon.

Scotch, Guinness.
    repeat.

bastardizations of above oft possible, Turkey, Irish ( prefer Powers or Tully) and most porters or stouts.

summer, Reposado & yellow beer.

then again there are not many trad cocktails I dont like ( think Rat Pack & Vegas, non fruity shit)

Thumbs up

no booze for this guy, tequilla gets me married (long story of how we met).

Pale ales!!!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Macallen 12
    Very dry Bombay Sapphire martini
    Magic Hat Heart of Darkness stout
    Whatever someone else is paying for
    I ski because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things.

"This deep snow makes my skis stupid!"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy
    no booze for this guy, tequilla gets me married (long story of how we met).

Pale ales!!!
    Heh.........tequila played a big part in my relationship with Elllen as well.

Tequila = elixer of love
    Looking California, feeling Minnesota.

KEGGER!!!!! and HOT GIRLS!!!
    "Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand."

Beer: serria navada pale ale
    Shot: 3 wise men (jack daniels, johhny walker red, johnny walker black)
    mix drink: soco and coke (if that counts)

Some comments:

Quote Originally Posted by homerjay
    I like Jack & Ginger ale, too.
    Try Canadian whiskey and Ginger ale with a lime. Our neighbors in the great white north call it a Rye and Ginger. It's pretty damn good. Normally I can't stand Canadian whiskey because it's too sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarDadyPrenup
    French Pimp: Grey Goose + Everclear, chase with a 40
    Thank god I didn't know about this is high school. Not that I could afford Grey Goose back then, but this would have killed the last few brain cells I managed to save.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry
    Any Whiskey or Whisky. Neat, cause any other way is for pussies.
    Amen. One of my friend's fathers ordered a round of Oban while I went to take a leak, and when I got back I found a bucket full of ice with whiskey in it. I almost had a heart attack. I didn't complain because it was free, but I wanted to reach across the table and bitch slap him.

And I have to ask something. Do you get strange looks when you order a double neat? The last few times I've ordered a double neat, the waitress or bartender has given me an "Oh damnnnnnnnn, we've got ourselves a drinker" look. I don't get it. It's just a beverage. And such a good one at that.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    Some comments:

Try Canadian whiskey and Ginger ale with a lime. Our neighbors in the great white north call it a Rye and Ginger. It's pretty damn good. Normally I can't stand Canadian whiskey because it's too sweet.
    here in the first 50 states Rye & Ginnger is well Rye & Ginger.
    Ol Overholt was my thang.
    this I believe used to be called a highball, before that term was bastardized to mean any tall cocktail.

Amen. One of my friend's fathers ordered a round of Oban while I went to take a leak, and when I got back I found a bucket full of ice with whiskey in it. I almost had a heart attack. I didn't complain because it was free, but I wanted to reach across the table and bitch slap him.
    since he ordered yours that way, I'll cut ya some slcak, but a man enjoys his wisky how ever he wants it, quit repressing others. In Scotland there are pitchers of water on the bar to add your own water, it actually releases some aroma & flavour.

i drink my scotch rocks often. ususally by getting an ice water back & adding my self.
    And I have to ask something. Do you get strange looks when you order a double neat? The last few times I've ordered a double neat, the waitress or bartender has given me an "Oh damnnnnnnnn, we've got ourselves a drinker" look. I don't get it. It's just a beverage. And such a good one at that.
    nah, I live in Utah so I have to order a scotch neat and a scotch neat please & pour em together.
    funny whe I do ths & my friends double click me & I end up with 5 fingers of liquor

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50

Arty it pains me to see what Americans do to Single Malts. First off if your dinking Scotch you drink it straight. So many times i have been out with clients, friends, bosses and the most common mistake is ICE. No freaking Ice in your WHISKY! I have even seen these assholes in SoCal put lemon in their scotch!! Unfuckingbelievable. Once I took this honey out and she insisted on putting tonic in Glenlevit, I tried to convince her not to, but it didn't help, and for that matter our relationship didn't last long either.

When I really feel good about my self heres how it goes down with the DB:

Sunset. A GOOD Single: Cragganmore, Oban, Balwhinnie (among others). A good strong cigar. A rocking chair.

I like mine a little below room temp so I pop the bottle in freezer for about 10 min. Pull it out. Pour a nice glass and light up. Proceed to puff and drink while rocking the sunset away. And if I am lucky: my lady, my dog, or one of my friends will be enjoying this piece of heaven by my side.

Edit: Preferably the above location would be on the coast of Scotland in Ayrshire overlooking the Turnberry Golf Club.
    Last edited by TheDingleberry; 12-11-2004 at 04:11 PM.
    "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Smile

Vodka:

-Tito's Handmade vodka, distilled 6 times (It is from Texas, don't knock it until you try it. It has beaten all the top name of the other vodkas in the world except for Grey Goose and Belvedre in competitions and sell for much cheaper)
    -Stoli
    -Vox
    -Absolut
    -Grey Goose

I love screwdrivers, White Russian (or a White Texan with titos vodka instead), and cape codders

Whiskey:

-Tullamore Dew
    -Maker's Mark

Gin:
    -Tanquary
    -Bombay Saphire

Tequila:
    -Sauza Commerativo (excellent with Margaritas)
    -Tres Generations (awesome for shots)

Tequila I hate:
    JOSE CUERVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is Mexican piss, does not even have real Agave, it has sugar water instead. IT IS GRINGO TEQUILA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beer:
    -Any Long Trail will do me fine (Vermont)
    -Magic Hat Fat Angel, Hocus Pocus, Mother Lager, Jinx, Hi. P. A., or Blind Faith (Vermont)
    -Spatten (Germany)
    -Paulener (Germany
    -Trout River Scottish Ale (vermont)
    -Pilsner Urquel (Czech Rep.)
    -Chimay (Belgium)
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

A drink I invented and named: The "Bogtrotter".

One part each:

Bailey's
    Irish Mist
    Bushmill's or Powers' (Don't drink Jameson's for god's sake, it's a sacrilege, although it IS good)

Shake over ice and strain. A 70-proof milkshake. Good shit.

Beer: 40's, PBR, Anchor Steam, Maudite
    Shot: Double Patron Silver (Tequila)
    Drink: Red Bull Vodka, Red Bull Jaeger, Jack and Coke, Crown and Ginger

despite my tagline...turkey 101, rocks....

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman
    Spiced Rum mixed with brown sugar, limes and sprite (ummmm)
    That's like a mojito minus the mint leaves.

Love mojitos....

And margaritas.

Or any kahlua/amaretto/bailey's/vanilla vodka sort of thing. Or the neon green concoctions I like to make with midori - they look girly, but they're nothing but alcohol...
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

I just moved here last January. Hell of a drinking town .
    If you ever visit, always start your evening/crawl at 9 Maple. They are known for their martinis and Scotch. I stop by for the scotch. 125 scotches on the wall, and an excellent chaser beer on tap just for the shot and beer crowd ( Old Speckled Hen Ale from England ). Just walk in and order a "good 5-6 dollar scotch" and said beer. The barkeep will even explain why he chose this scotch for you, and educate you a bit about it while you relax. No large screen TV, sometimes Jazz.

tech talk biatch

I hate it when I ask for a dry Manhatten and they put a cherry in it. A lemon...a lemon...a lemon!!

its the whisky talking

bombay saphire neat w/ no lemon please.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit
    I hate it when I ask for a dry Manhatten and they put a cherry in it. A lemon...a lemon...a lemon!!

[Tony]The kid make a supurb manhattan.[/Tony]
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."