Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Hi folks, bringing this thread back to life. I’ve been in Waymaker 130s for the last couple of years but broke the alpine toe and can’t find a replacement.

What are high volume footed people skiing in now? From the above posts it sounds like Lange SX series and the Tecnica HVLs are where I’ll start my search.

Add Atomic Hawx Magna to the list.

Lange SX120s. Punch work in the usual spots, beautiful fit now with old school injected liner.

Atomic hawx 130.

I have next years Tecnica Mach 130HV in a 26.5. It’s not gonna work for me. Skied two days. No punches, no cooked liners. Anyone?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I have next years Tecnica Mach 130HV in a 26.5. It’s not gonna work for me. Skied two days. No punches, no cooked liners. Anyone?
    Wish that were my shell size...

Waymaker Freeride 120

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Lange xc 120 (basically sx 120 with hike mode)
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

Going to try Dalbello panterra
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

If the Waymaker worked for you then you don't need to go as big of volume as the Lang SX or Tecnica HVLs are. Try the new Lange RX, big instep and easy to punch to make wider if needed.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

2013/2014 Cochise 130. Been awesome, fit my fat foot out of the box.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Wide Feet, High Arch/Instep: What boots are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by kicool View Post
    2013/2014 Cochise 130. Been awesome, fit my fat foot out of the box.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app
    Got 2015 Cochise 130 Pros (27.5) currently up for sale....they’re in great shape...only about 50 days....no bootwork on them. They also fit me perfect right out of the box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0609.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	511.2 KB 
ID:	229284

I gots the high arch/flat foot / narrow heel wide forefoot which my yellow friend tells me is common to the AZN male, basicaly ANY liner with a tongue bugs the navicular bone (inner/top part of foot) mutherfucking google it for pictures

so when I discovered power wraps it was a religious experience OR at least that must be what religion feels like SO now I own 4 sets of power wraps and they gotta be power wraps, just an intuition will not do because a boot tongue will still bother my Navicular bone

alpine boot is 4 buckle Dalbello Surge from 2010, AT boot is Vulcan no punches in either boot
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Shoutout to gregL. Saw my post and dug up some Waymaker toes at his shop to send my way.

Greg suggested the Head Kore 1G and new Hoji Pro as beefy do it all boots.

In case any high volume footed people find their way to this thread... I ended up picking up the Lange SX120 and enjoyed it for the last few days of the season with no bootwork. The Waymakers are now my sorry excuse of a dedicated touring boot until I find something with enough volume to justify the price tag.

Wanted to give another shoutout to GregL for sending toepieces for the Waymakers and, more generally, taking the time to share his thoughts with a stranger. His site is here: http://www.randosaigai.com/

Quote Originally Posted by fmac View Post
    Shoutout to gregL. Saw my post and dug up some Waymaker toes at his shop to send my way.
    You can thank flowing alpy for those soles, they came off his new boots!

I was just fitted into an Atomic Hawx Magna in 26.5 with new footbeds and punches to both. My feet are
    R-27.4 and 112mm
    L 27.1 and 106
    Attachment 249526
    Attachment 249527

I have a VERY high instep, and a widish forefoot, with a medium/low volume ankle, and large calf. Boots are a nightmare, but I have found a few that work well:

My Fischer vacuum ranger 130 is what I work in, but I use Zipfits in them, and rather than molding the whole boot I get an instep punch/grind, and a navicular punch. It works fine, and doesn't fuck up the ankle volume, canting, or lean at all.

I have had great fit with the Atomic Hawx Ultra boots (both the alpine and the XTD touring boot) but I had to use an intuition liner in them, because the stock tongues are WAY too thick.

I really really love my Fischer travers carbon. They aren't a beef touring boot, but between my boot, but I don't get sendy in the backcountry, I walk up mountains and ski back down.

I have also had good luck with:

Punched Head raptors/intuitions
    punched Nordica Patron/intuitions
    Lange RX/RS 130 with zipfits

I have wide feet. I got fitted for full tilt descendants. They are comfortable for me. Getting into cold full tilt boots are easier than others. thats my only input as i dont know shit about boots

Lange SX 130 with Intuition Pro Tongue. Very easy boot to blow out (my measured last is 106mm).
    BD Method with Power wraps
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

another sufferer of high arch/large instep but i also have skinny calves.. i've been in technica mach1 MVs the past few seasons, which after a lot of work are tolerable for my feet, and with a booster strap can get tight enough around the calf.
    i still often quit the day with foot fatigue before anything else, so i've been thinking of moving on.
    any recommendations for large instep / low calf volume? does such a thing even exist or should i just consider something with more instep room than my technicas and toss another booster strap on?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonb View Post
    another sufferer of high arch/large instep but i also have skinny calves.. i've been in technica mach1 MVs the past few seasons, which after a lot of work are tolerable for my feet, and with a booster strap can get tight enough around the calf.
    i still often quit the day with foot fatigue before anything else, so i've been thinking of moving on.
    any recommendations for large instep / low calf volume? does such a thing even exist or should i just consider something with more instep room than my technicas and toss another booster strap on?
    The Lange SX seems to be a good option. Though when I tried them after retiring my RX130s, they were dog shit and didn't go with them. Maybe Lange changed the last?

In any case, I ended up with some Atomic Hawx Ultra. Some punches and custom liners and they are quite good.

At the end of the day; it's all about the boot-fitter. Find a good one and commit to multiple visits. Some of the newer shells have reduced those visits, but you still need to start with the right shell. And be prepared to pay retail - always worth it for properly fitting boots.

Quote Originally Posted by pow_pow~ View Post
    I have wide feet. I got fitted for full tilt descendants. They are comfortable for me. Getting into cold full tilt boots are easier than others. thats my only input as i dont know shit about boots
    Same, I was able to go down a shell size; hope it is better overall control now with a fire/aft that matches my lateral space in a shell fit.

Is it dalbello that has the lower hinge point?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The Lange SX seems to be a good option. Though when I tried them after retiring my RX130s, they were dog shit and didn't go with them. Maybe Lange changed the last?

In any case, I ended up with some Atomic Hawx Ultra. Some punches and custom liners and they are quite good.

At the end of the day; it's all about the boot-fitter. Find a good one and commit to multiple visits. Some of the newer shells have reduced those visits, but you still need to start with the right shell. And be prepared to pay retail - always worth it for properly fitting boots.
    I'll check out the SX, thanks.
    Part of my problem is that I reside in Wash DC, and either have boot work done by another fitter when I am on mountain somewhere, or I wait til I get back and get work done after the fact.
    Took me 5 or 6 trips to 2 different bootfitters to get where I'm at now, neither pushed me towards a new shell after I asked, but after this many tries and only getting to "okay", I think it's time to start fresh.
    I will probably wait to get fitted until the next trip I take, but I'd like to educate myself before going in so I can avoid bad interactions.