Thread: Try the Bros

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!

Try the Bros

Here is the tentative try the Bros schedule:
    Friday 12/10 (afternoon only) - Heavenly, Stagecoach, 2ish. I'll be looking for you there Pow Day.
    Sunday 12/12 - Mammoth, Stump Alley 8:30-9:00ish, Mid-Station around 1:00. Comish, will you be there on Sunday?
    Monday 12/13 - Alpine Meadows, Summit 9:00ish.

Post here and/or PM me if you want to try the Bros and can make it up any of these days. I have a light green Giro 9 helmet on warmer days or a blue Vigor helmet w/ black face bar on cooler days.

Updated from a previous thread.

I guess the North Shore saturday isn't possible?

Hey Vets, I posted this in the Mammy Rollcall thread too, but can ya remind those trying the Bros out to post their reviews? Its great fun checking out the reviews while this PM Gear ski business blossoms!
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."

Quote Originally Posted by seldon
    I guess the North Shore saturday isn't possible?
    Right now Saturday is still undecided. The top two choices currently are a return to Heavenly w/ a friend who taught skiing there OR trying teleskiing at Kirkwood. It actually takes me longer to get to most North Shore resorts than it takes me to get to Mammoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoo
    Hey Vets, I posted this in the Mammy Rollcall thread too, but can ya remind those trying the Bros out to post their reviews? Its great fun checking out the reviews while this PM Gear ski business blossoms!
    Yes, I'll remind them.

Hmmm...hopefully I don't have to work on Monday...If not, I'll see you at Alpine, Vets.

I Do!!! I'm stuck at June on Saturday digging trenches on my carving board. Hope to bail Sunday morning and make it to Mammoth by late morning/early afternoon. If I'm going to make it, I'll find you or give you a call.
    I like cows. Cow are cool.

Vets: If not this Saturday at Kirkwood, let me know when you'll be out there again. I'd like to ride the stiffs a little more and give the softs a run also. My review from the few runs the other day is on the BRO Models = Rad thread. Thanks, Tim.

Thumbs up

Skied the stiff bros at heavenly yesterday
    I thought I liked the softs until I tried these.
    the stiffs just seemed to be even more versatile...we pretty much hit every type of condition yesterday, and they felt awesome in whatever was thrown at you. (except for the ultra elmers glue snow that no ski could help you out in!)
    splat...keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou
    Vets: If not this Saturday at Kirkwood, let me know when you'll be out there again. I'd like to ride the stiffs a little more and give the softs a run also. My review from the few runs the other day is on the BRO Models = Rad thread. Thanks, Tim.
    I'll have a two week break starting on the 18th. Let me know what days you'll be at Kirkwood. I'll make a point of being there at least one of the same days as you.

Vets,

Hey man, my internet has been screwed lately so I haven't been able to respond. See you at Ch 2 tomorrow morning at mammoth around 8:30. Blue pants, black giro w/ PM sticker, and grey cloudveil.

Comish
    He who has the most fun wins!

Hey Vets -

When you comin' to Rose to test the Bros out in the Chutes? Those rocky entrances would be a perfect test for the durability of those bases.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig
    Hey Vets -

When you comin' to Rose to test the Bros out in the Chutes? Those rocky entrances would be a perfect test for the durability of those bases.
    Probably right after a storm during my two week break. It is more fun to be surprised when hearing various scraping sounds while uncovering a rock. I'll post before I head to Rose.

As instructed, my review is in Tech Talk. Thanks Vets!
    He who has the most fun wins!