Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    I may have actually lost a couple of pounds recently. No idea, since I haven't been on a scale for awhile. So the title may be yours and you don't need to eat a ton of ice cream. Chunky Monkey is really good though, so I'll understand if you continue your pursuits.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say Utah pow sucks. Quite the contrary. It's just that I'm...uhhhhhh...big boned...and have special needs.

Sometimes you have superlight storms roll in and other times it's a little heavier. For instance, at last years mini. We scored some light blower at Alta, which also go skied out by noon. Then we went to Snowbasin and it was a smidge heavier, but just about right for two killer days. Is it that way normally? I have no idea? Maybe it was just the storm. But I prefered Snowbasin last year.
    Trimming those eyebrows back could probably save you about 15 pounds. Start there.

Also: Alta gets 1 gazillion people on a pow day. Snowbasin gets about 9 (nine) people on a pow day, and that's including Stoy, backpack, GT40 and Meat's of Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk
    Trimming those eyebrows back could probably save you about 15 pounds. Start there.

Also: Alta gets 1 gazillion people on a pow day. Snowbasin gets about 9 (nine) people on a pow day, and that's including Stoy, backpack, GT40 and Meat's of Evil.
    Hmmmm...I never thought of that. I'm happy to donate the extra weight to you if you like.

As for the Snowbasin vs. Alta comparison, I ain't going there. Just using them as an example since the snow was different at each place that weekend and a bunch of you suckers went to both.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50
    As for the Snowbasin vs. Alta comparison, I ain't going there.
    I will!

Snowbasin is better!

Never been to Alta, YET!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Thumbs up

Man, yesterday was weird for sure. I felt like I was in the middle of a snow-covered Baghdad with all the bombing going on and snowballs being hurled by the GMD crew while we were waiting for Collins to open.

My boss reported that his gunning team fired 40 rounds yesterday morning from Peruvian ridge.

Windbuff? What windbuff? Faceshots in *** ****** was tits!

As far as being dissapointed?

Only in that stuff didn't open, but after seeing how many slides there were when the clouds lifted, I'm glad they didn't. Backside went huge.

What's up with challenging someone to a fight in the liftline? That was fucking pathetic and dissapointing. I know a few Utards witnessed that.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

I had a great time. First two days of the season, spent at Alta, did not suck.

My quads, glutes, shins, and calves would have preferred blower hero snow, but I'll echo Bum Z's comments that most frustration was the result of the interminable wait and lack of terrain opening.

My first three runs this morning (fri) however, in Eagle's Nest, were pretty much incredible - got one of my favorite Alta lines untouched for my second run.

I've said it before - and will repeat - Alta is a special, special place, made even better by the cool folks who ski there.

Great to see so many old maggot friends, and make some new as well.

Thanks - can't wait to do it again soon.

Rock
    "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by 13
    What's up with challenging someone to a fight in the liftline? That was fucking pathetic and dissapointing. I know a few Utards witnessed that.
    13, I agree with ya about the fight part, but some of your GMD lil biaaaaaaaaaatches haven't learned or have forgotten how Alta works: you get there first, you got the chair - it's YOUR chair plain and simple - doesn't matter how many of your fellow chair mates are there or not - it's your's and your's to do with as you please - as long as you don't come out, leave your skis and then leave without a fellow chairmate to "hold" your chair (ask Phunk about what happens if you try that). I don't make the rules, I've just learned them and do my best to live by them - I don't know if other mountains are like that, but it's definitely an Alta thang - it's been that way probably since the very first Collins single chair went in in something like 1939

BTW, Same thing damn near happened to McReynolds this morning and he got pissed and you never seen him get tweaked.
    Last edited by Xover; 12-10-2004 at 09:10 PM.
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

More evidence that the Wasatch is truly becoming Wasangeles. Tooooo many people fighting for a piece of the pie ever shrinking pie.

On a side note, I lost 6 teeth to a fist when I was sixteen due to lift rage. Some guy 'cut in front' of me at Afton Alps (300ft. vertical choss pile ski area in Minnesota). I lipped off to him. Turns out he was a 23 year old on the college wrestling team. When I unloaded at the top, he was waiting. He fucking kicked my ass before I even glided to a stop. Busted 6 of my teeth in half, gave me two black eyes, and a painful, swollen nose.

He ended up spending a week in jail for slaughtering a minor. Fucking tard. But I certainly learned my lesson.

Ski areas suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead

Ski areas suck!
    Yup, they sure do.

Thumbs down

The way I saw it...

It looked like he was lined up with 3 others at first, and then then all of a sudden, he's lined up with a huge jumble of skis, and he wonders why people are grilling him about who he's holding a spot for.

There was eleventy billion skis there, not 1, not 2, not 3, but maybe half a dozen skis in disorganized mess. I'm sure you can imagine the confusion of some and why the questions started coming.

All it was was one aggro fagmo who can't handle being grilled about who he's holding spots for, or have the decency to give straight answers.

So what does he do when the verbal assault begins? He challenges someone to a fuckin' FIGHT!

The questions were legit, just as Bum Z catching a spot was legit and nobody, but nobody I know gave a shit about him moving up near the front.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

I can't imagine standing in line for first chair, first tram, whatever. The rat race involved, etc. But I'm glad most people are willing to go through that.

Quote Originally Posted by 13
    The way I saw it...
    Hey 13, I PMed you about another issue. Please check your box.

Thanks.

I can't imagine standing in line for first chair, first tram, whatever. The rat race involved, etc. But I'm glad most people are willing to go through that.
    Well, it's typically just "wake up early, go stand in line, listen to patrol do avie control & bullshit with your friends about how sick it's going to be that day" so in reality, it's a lot less eyeroll-worthy.

^^^ You're probably right. I might be taking a single action out of context. I'll keep my hole shut.

sweet- stay in the BC... i love early morning tram waits.
    for anyone complaing about snow quality.. i have nothing to say... that snow was just as fun, if not more (sometimes), then blower.

bird today was nothing shy of epic.
    anyone see that 15-20' fracture on top of east twin?
    that was nuts... not emblishing on size---- biggest one i have ever seen. ever.

Who was ready to go to blows?

And perhaps my statements about ski areas sucking ass are a bit off. This kind of "I'm going to kick your ass" shit goes on in the bc too.

I retract my knee jerk statements and stick my foot in my mouth.
    Last edited by Trackhead; 12-11-2004 at 03:56 PM.

Arrow

It was just one dude, track.

It was pretty much as phUnk described, with plenty of thrown snowballs for good measure. It's all good!
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Also: Alta gets 1 gazillion people on a pow day. Snowbasin gets about 9 (nine) people on a pow day, and that's including Stoy, backpack, GT40 and Meat's of Evil.[/QUOTE]

I like Snowbasin - great steep pitches, some decent blower, great terrain, but I like Powder Mountain better - it's so empty and they don't have to deal with the Forest Service. Because Powder Mt. is all on private land. The biggest skier day is probably Saturday - there were maybe 150 people on the mountain. I've always gone there - it's a long drive... Plus, Powder Mt. has a very reasonable snowcat/snowmobile price, and some decent vertical on Lightning Ridge. But I like both near-Ogden ski areas, but I think Powder Mt. has a down-home feel to it. Alpine Meadows, Alta, Brian Head, A-Basin, Loveland, Monarch, Wolf Creek, Fernie, Kicking Horse, Whitewater, Red Mt., Ski Cooper, Taos, Ski Apache, Alpental, and Mt. Baker have the same feel to them. Snowbasin's lift tickets aren't cheap - but I like the staff there.

I really don't care about the density of powder - but it's better than no powder or no snow... Jeezus! I have skied wet deep Sierra Cement with a layer of windcrust, mixed with graupel - I won't say it wasn't difficult - I skied batshit-badly until I found my rhythm, but I dealt with it and had a blast. Of course, people had to wait for LCC road to be opened - what a bummer. But it's to be expected - human nature being what it is.

Trackhead that's why I always go for last chair. No rat race, most of them have been worked and gone home by that time. So that's my "reserved" time!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

:::SCRATCH SCRATCH:::

Hear that? It's the sound of Killington this past weekend.

But hey, I've learned to deal w/ the ice. I'm not specifically complaining. Just saying that no matter what snow texture UT is sporting, it's going to be a neat change from "scratch-scratch!"

And the mob reports I'm hearing? Somewhat disheartening but probably pales in comparison to the "mixing bowl" at Killington this past weekend. Somebody posted an insane picture of it on Kzone. If I can find it I'll post it so you can all feel much, much better.

Anyway, I'm SO stoked to leave on Wednesday!!!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ