Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Some stoke from last weekend in anticipation for this weekend. Got a crew up at the Cliff tonight, anyone else?
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Nice vid, trying to get a ride up there after 3 to spend the night with friends. We'll see how it goes

we are DEVO!

Holy under reporting batman. I think that was the deepest, lightest snow I've ever skied. People joke about needing snorkels, I could've used one today.

Best day of the year for me. Hands down. There had to be 20"+ of perfect UT blower up high. My first few runs were one big face shot. Unreal.

This morning was quite amazing. My first day at the Bird in about a week, it didn't dissapoint

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Holy under reporting batman. I think that was the deepest, lightest snow I've ever skied. People joke about needing snorkels, I could've used one today.
    Usually I joke about it, but there were times today where I felt like I couldn't breathe. That good. I did almost hit a tree because I couldn't see out of the white room, good thing I didn't or it would have ruined a perfect morning.

I did hit a tree. I'm still considering it a perfect morning.

Today was ok, I had a few turns that didn't result in OH MY GOD I'M CHOKING ON POWDER faceshots, so it wasn't perfect. Soooo glad I took the day off from work!
    Last edited by sfotex; 02-25-2011 at 06:32 PM.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

thats about as good as it gets. fkna cheers

Snowbird.com says the canyon is closing at 10pm tonight. Any word on when they'll open it back up?

Quote Originally Posted by thedrew55 View Post
    Snowbird.com says the canyon is closing at 10pm tonight. Any word on when they'll open it back up?
    Tuesday

Anyone have a room up at alta or the bird me and 3 of my friends can crash on, can bring snow night supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by deepeast View Post
    Anyone have a room up at alta or the bird me and 3 of my friends can crash on, can bring snow night supplies.
    Lookin also... just floorspace for me and maybe one other = beer of choice.

yo tambien ^^^ with a buddy, booze also can be provided

Quote Originally Posted by thedrew55 View Post
    they are estimating 9 am tomorrow, but focus on the "estimating"

Yea, the snowcam went from 7" to 16" is 3 hours this morning. Was a hell of a day, just pissed there are no rooms and I'm stuck down canyon for the night
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Cam died after the first run. But here is the majority of that run...

For people that hate POVs, here's the readers version:
    turn, faceshot. turn, faceshot. turn, faceshot, gag from choking on snow. turn, faceshot. And so on.

I ended my day yesterday by giving myself a totally sweet concussion. Still the best day ive had all year, so deep and blower at the top, and the turns from the first half of my day are burned into my memory, even though i cant remember anything from about 1:30-4:00.

On that note if you were the nice people who i was probably bothering in creekside with my delusional ramblings, thank you for taking me to the clinic, jesus knows where I would have ended up otherwise. To my knowledge I had never met these people before, and I sure didn't have the slightest clue how I ended up in the clinic, or who brought me there. I owe you people bigtime, thank you for making sure I was ok. Im sending this into the ether as a thank you you may never see since I have no way to get your names and properly thank you.
    09/10 (BIRD) : 110 (98)
    10/11(Concussions) : 68 (2)

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Dude snowbird called wps you left your bros, boots and poles on the tramdeck
    We were worried you had a bad shroom trip the 4th and were stuck cowering in a corner of the basshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaag Master View Post
    sfb - thanks - that is my locker - picked them up on saturday - they are great skis!

Will be staying at the Cliff Lodge this Saturday-Tuesday (May 5th-8th). Definitely looking for someone to ski with around Alta, will ski just about anything short of hucking off 30ft'ers. Let me know if any of you plan on being out there.
    Last edited by waltonhockey05; 03-01-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Nobody listens to a fkn word fat chicks say. Nobody talks to them long enough to notice they're crazy

baldy

muy bueno

Quote Originally Posted by waltonhockey05 View Post
    Will be staying at the Cliff Lodge this Saturday-Tuesday (May 5th-8th). Definitely looking for someone to ski with around Alta, will ski just about anything short of hucking off 30ft'ers. Let me know if any of you plan on being out there.
    If we show you around the Bird tomorrow, do we get to crash in your room tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    If we show you around the Bird tomorrow, do we get to crash in your room tonight?
    Are you back in town? I have your skis at my place. They were AWESOME. Dont think I would have made the whole 12hours without them. They are like autopilot when you get them on edge. Anyhow, let me know and I will swing them by. Thanks again.

Yep, I'm back. Stoked that they worked out for you. I've heard nothing but good things about the 12hr; sounds like everyone had a blast. I'll be up at the Bird tomorrow and Wed if you want to meet up or you can swing them by whenever.

Road is closing tonight at 8:30 and inter-lodge at 10:00. It is on.

me and a buddy would love to get up the canyon and stay the night if anyone has some extra floor space. We have cash for our share and are easygoing

tomorrow is going to be fun