Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    FWIW... Skied C chair at breck all day and it did not dissapoint. All pow, no ice, dirt, whatever. Tons of snow in the morning and it dumped all day. Each run was pretty much as deep as the ones before. Not cold smoke, but it was all good.

Also... peak 8 should open tomorrow. Peak 10 should be open tomorrow or saturday if the winds allow. Not a fan of Breck... but today was excellent.

It was the same at the Jane today.They only had the pony express lift (it accesses the bottom half of the mountain) running until 1:15PM.They Opened Challenger lift then ,but the wind had packed it into super thick cake.One turn deep cake,one turn ice bump,then some half & half with poor visibility. It was still snowing & blowing when I left.

I'm into going tomorrow,who want's to carpool?
    Calmer than you dude

Quote Originally Posted by FigureEleven
    FWIW... Skied C chair at breck all day and it did not dissapoint. All pow, no ice, dirt, whatever. Tons of snow in the morning and it dumped all day. Each run was pretty much as deep as the ones before. Not cold smoke, but it was all good.
    I was on C chair all day too...surprised I missed you.

Agreed - it did not suck.

I think I will go to the basin. Anybody know what the winds and temp are supposed to be tommorrow?
    Put on your seat belt, I saw this in a cartoon once.

Hmm. Sounds like several intriguing options. Unfortunately, for tomorrow at least, my only free option is Loveland. I'll be in an all-red NSP training jacket (at least to start the day), black pants, black helmet, garmont g-rides, Jak BCs.
    Last edited by spthomson; 12-09-2004 at 10:49 PM.

going to copper tomorrow, hopefully early depending on the road conditions. Orange or grey jacket, orange life-link pack and CMH explosivs with sector 9 stickers on the tips. Ask for change.
    If carrots got you drunk; rabbits would be fucked up.

- Mitch Hedberg

Well, I've gotta go to Breck. I'll skin up peak 8 before the chairs start running. Nice storm... Tomorrow I'll probably go to Loveland.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa
    I'll skin up peak 8 before the chairs start running.

Is this where student becomes teacher? Hope you mean BELOW treeline and in-bounds.....

so, wait, I missed something here. I've been in HellLA getting worked by work. Did it snow here?

Golly.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens
    Is this where student becomes teacher? Hope you mean BELOW treeline and in-bounds.....
    I was contemplating a 34 degree convex rollover, but I reconsidered when I realized that I forgot my shovel and couldn't dig myself out.

It was pretty sweet there this morning. Someone was asking for change on the bus.

I did see plenty of cracks in the snow and really low down almost to the base area of peak 8. Trippy. The snow in the trees was so soft and nicely holding together - even where it was steep. Really curious how Loveland Pass is looking.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau