• March 5/6

10 33.33%
  • March 12/13

3 10.00%
  • March 19/20

3 10.00%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

2011 EAST COAST MINI

Hey bitches its time to plan a party!!!!!! After the last 2 years of venue polling, pleading and arguments it always seems like Magic is the clear choice.
    So lets just go with the flow and have it at Magic!

This will allow us to get moving on event planning sooner and spend our time picking a date.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I'm fine with any of those weekends, but I'm voting for the weekend of the 26th because it is also the Black Magic Extreme Challenge and the torchlight parade. What's better than a little competition and skiing with fire to enhance the summit experience?
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Mr Worldwide - like Pitbull with a better vocabulary
    where do i click for 'whiteface'?
    "Yeah, yeah. you buy Playboy for the articles just like I watch Brokeback Mountain for the scenery... wait, that doesnt work."

Quote Originally Posted by nihiles View Post
    where do i click for 'whiteface'?

It's the furry brown button located between your buttcheeks.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Not the 26th/27th. But I promise it will snow that weekend, because I won't be skiing.

I'm going for the 12/13 because we can always push it back if we need to, and i want to ski with the roll call.

Can we get some stoke up in here?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I could be down for this.

two things though: 1) need a bed to crash on (2) need a co-pilot or 3

we really should change this to some place else.....

I like Magic but 3 years in row.

I am game for anything, but just note it would be hard for me to offer discounts on the same date of Black Magic, etc. It is still a holiday week.

just some stoke.....west mt. glens falls

with jong stats on this sight i dont push this venue as a choice but with no better place to post this info it seems like the right people will see it here.
    west is sweet. alot like mad river. no one knows, the woods are crazy,
    my girl/wife is the head of ticket sales , could do a sweet deal ,dont know yet how much,but "we" would not pay much .they run 11 dollar 8 to 11 weekdays w/ breakfast sandwich oj/coffee 14$ 11 to 2 w/half sand + soup.this is the first year in three that the woods have full coverage .if you think you may ever go here, than this is the cheat sheet.

now i know your thinking, why is this any better than say [fill in the blank ] but it is . i guess its alot like magic . just dont know that hill as well.
    here no one goes off trail . there are a few of the "park kids" that know of the most basic , boring log roads , most would never hike not even 20 yards w/ skis on.i say most but have seen none. I work for myself so i ski daily.during the day the 2 or 3 patrol are sweet.like "look at that guy on the closed trail YA BUDDY GET SOME WOOOHHHHHHH HAAAA!"you have NO one to compete w/ for first tracks, i had the greatest day today 6 inchs of blower on top of24/30 inches of super soft base.if school is closed the trails get tracked but not the woods . kid have skinny park skis Every patch of woods that is a good pitch between trails , has at least one log road from logging work they did 8 years ago .plus the trees they took.
    first there is 2 or 3 [2 to 3 to 2 to 1] "glades" trails to the skiers right of the cure that were cut 3 years ago, as glade trails[ on no map]that empty on to face.at least 40 acres here
    3 different 1 to 2 lane roads that go to the cabin on top of aoa , skiers left ski[flat]across the uphill side of the cabin 75 yards to start these, cut back with 300 vert left or empty into the triple lot 200 yards from lift.
    when they did the logging thing a few years ago it looks like they cut "lanes" fall-line so they could drag out the trees , they are all over . on top of that in the summertime they run bikes up the lift , and the trails are every 50 ft or so all marked with small orange arrow pucks on the trees .[ wooden features in the woods ] .single track to 1 lane road sized.also lanes cut for the night ski light wires,hung high in the trees.when its cloudy at night the woods glow pink from the 1000's of hps everywhere[not safe but fun with head lights]just look out for night patrol.
    there is a road that runs just up hill from the cure south, it leads to a old ski lift pole that is set in cement with a round rail and a stair case to stand on the top , looks over the hudson as it splits the moutains 14oo ft below ,good place 4 lunch. you can see saratoga , vt, on clear days albany . this hike may be less than a 1/4 mile but more than.... 500 yards? all flat. you can ski off the back of the hill here , first skiers right then it all feeds to the left to a point ski to the point and get 12 or 15 sweet turns off the steep back side , follow the stream to corinth road . [drop a car or hitch the .7 miles back to west mt road ]theres endless stuff here , state land , but that run has good grade to the road
    just when you think you have a inbound section all figured , you cut over and find a new fresh road no ones seen .
    i could go on and on , but now the bad........
    it seems the are more small [ smaller than a pencil , almost no prickers] underbrush sticks than the years pass , but they are not everywhere by any means [we get paid to glade in the summer for a few weeks] some places are better than others , and one of the best sections between mach and midway was loged this year and is f@*#$ up too bad was one of the best bowls ive seen and i lived in park city working at the 9990 lift.
    again not too big a deal + was one of two spots jongs knew about.
    the lifts are slow. no detach 400 / 420 feet min .

that said , again today i skied from 11 [lazy] to 415 when the kiddys show up and every run was first tracks , my legs hurt sooo bad . no one to compete . the only other is my brother, broke his foot this week .the only rocker is on my feet , the widest skis here are 90 under boot . no one knows why i have " cross country" binders on my "thoes belong in alaska" powder boards. no where this side of utah makes me smile like this place.

So dont forget to take your time , you are the only one ,even on a powder day .

ps....

i will film all the places i speak of when this mid week storm shows.

oh, and monday n tuesday nights 17$ 5 hours.

wow

if you look at the map on the west sight it is not right. there marketing person is well .....any way the real map looks like this

http://www.liftopia.com/ski-resort-i...0_trailmap.jpg

the "new" trails are sweet glades ,that could be trails someday?

west mt. bike trail map 2009

Attachment 89270

has grown some from 2009

WTF, 9000, are you drunk?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by dravis9000 View Post
    blah blah "balh"
    Two words dude, Alpine + Zone.

Or, if you prefer

YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!!!

dont miss understand ,when I say "closed trail" i refer to there "open mt." rules during the day, these are not hikes, unless you ski off the back [ after i leave my car in the small parking area that is there.]have not skied night glades 4 years, to each his own.
    sorry to totaly screw your day w/ this info.i know you were saving the space in your brain to rub one out over magic. , "stoke" ? is that wash you rinse the crap coming out of your mouth with?
    hope no one that skis / lives in the same area as myself could ever put this info to use.these are quality turns no one uses. not your secret stash.

dont miss understand ,when I say "closed trail" i refer to there "open mt." rules during the day, these are not hikes, unless you ski off the back [ after i leave my car in the small parking area that is there.]have not skied night glades 4 years, to each his own.
    sorry to totaly screw your day w/ this info.i know you were saving the space in your brain to rub one out over magic. , "stoke" ? is that wash you rinse the crap coming out of your mouth with?
    hope no one that skis / lives in the same area as myself could ever put this info to use.these are quality turns no one uses. not your secret stash.
    Fuck yeah!!!!!

This troll is hilarious, here we go keeping everything a secret and he's putting up maps of his secret stashes but telling us not to tell too many people. Or something like that, it's kind of unintelligible.

Anyway Mr Troll, I definitely hope that no one skis the lines that you're talking about despite putting up maps that show exactly where they are. You've also now given me about .5 seconds worth of stuff to think about as I drive by on my way to Vermont.

But, if you really care you might want to consider deleting all of your posts, and possibly your account as well. Leave no trace ethics and all....

Bushwacker - Whatever.

Magic has been our biggest supporter for quite some time and many mags have put a lot of heart into the place the last few years. I can't imagine going anywhere else for the mini.

What we need is some help from Gin and Basom. They have always had a "positive" impact on the groupthink around here. Oh and did you hear, we're going to get a visit from Icelantic and DaveVT too

I tried to move the summit elsewhere last year, even doing some homework and had a good plan figured out. As is usual the voting went Magic again. So i dispenced with the vote and got down to the date so we do not get to late in the year. If anyone wants to put together a mini mini or another spring mini, get after it!
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

wha?

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Oh and did you hear, we're going to get a visit from Icelantic and DaveVT too
    how do i get to vt from nh? is it possible? west right?

rog

Heheh. I thought you'd enjoy a subtle invite

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Bushwacker - Whatever.

Magic has been our biggest supporter for quite some time and many mags have put a lot of heart into the place the last few years. I can't imagine going anywhere else for the mini.

What we need is some help from Gin and Basom. They have always had a "positive" impact on the groupthink around here. Oh and did you hear, we're going to get a visit from Icelantic and DaveVT too
    I am going to try to make it to magic. Like the place alot. Just trying to mix it up alittle.

Dravis=OhBernhardFranz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

This is a POLL you are asking for peoples opinions . even if it is clear that you dont want to hear them.
    low post # must mean i ski in a wedge . the gore / whiteface pass must be so i can ski at west mt.
    when i get my licence i will go see this vt you speak of . dont worry i will not troll w/ you trolls.
    just snip the gear with the thousands of other "gapers". Oh were east coast i mean jongs.