Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another Cnd Rockies roll call, eh

Friday, Sat and Sun? Who, where?

I'm at Sunshine for an industry schmooze/booze fest on Sat and Sun. Anyone want to make turns on Friday somewhere?

Tomorrow is opening day at Fernie, but I see that the weather forecast now calls for showers in the afternoon up to the bottom of White Pass chair.

Might be up Norquay Saturday lunchtime (split shift work)...then again probably not...sunday probably heading away touring somwhere - Fortress maybee?

Hoping not to be working this weekend, since I'm stuck in the office tomorrow. If not working, I'm hoping to test drive the touring gear somewhere - but I'll likely end up at SSV or the Lake unless I can find a guide to get out with.

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    HMMMMM kind of said I'd put a floor in for someone Friday. But hell they're my tenants I can blow them off, right Mtnlion?

Sunshine could be a half day option early so they don't have to get out of bed early.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

I'll be at SSV tomorrow - with mntlion (as usual). Saturday as well.

Tom - latest word is that there is now a chain at the bottom of the Fortress access road. But this is secondhand info, so who knows?

BTW - what happened to you on Sunday? We never saw you again after running into you in the deli.

Hitting the lake with a crew from school on saturday.

Was thinking of Fernie for opening day but those rumors of rain are keeping me close to home.
    Recently overheard: "Hey Ralph, what were you drinking that time that you set your face on fire?"

The Lake Saturday is a strong chance for me. My nephew races so I should catch that.

A rare Merlyn sighting and no sushi in his face this time.
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

You southerners, if any of you ever make it up to Jasper let me know and I geuss that I'll let you know when I head down there. Stellar day today and back for more for the next three.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Forgot about the races still happening at Louise. So I will be at Sunshine tomorrow. If anyone spots me on the hill, throw a snowball my way. I'll be wearing my usual fashion disaster: Yeller HH jacket, yeller helmet, green pants. Either on board or the misery sticks.

Playharder, I'm busy this weekend with this thing at Sunshine. Otherwise I'm keen to help you break in those 777s with a few backcountry core shots. Lots of quick AT options from Sunshine.

Headed down to The Fish this weekend with Flanker and crew.
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

As it stands, Fernie should be really good for opening day. Its warm right now, ( around 0 C), but they are calling for 20 to 30 cm of snow for Friday into Saturday. Reports of White Pass are really good. The Timber, White Pass and Elk chairs will be open tomorrow. It should be a zoo in White Pass tomorrow. As for opening day, I have to work, but I will be working the White Pass Chair so at least lunch break should be good.
    "A lack of planning and preparation on your part does not make it an emergency on my part."

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo
    ...I will be at Sunshine tomorrow. If anyone spots me on the hill, throw a snowball my way.
    Will do. Will be at SSV Fri (solo) and Sat.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by L7
    HMMMMM kind of said I'd put a floor in for someone Friday. But hell they're my tenants I can blow them off, right Mtnlion?

Sunshine could be a half day option early so they don't have to get out of bed early.

SSV and you L7???

tenants, They have paid the rent right??? go skiing ....

Did the yougen' fill his DH suit then???

I'm up at the Susnhine Hotel Fri and Sat nights. I'll be kicking around. Got the Lady Friend with me, who's trying to learn how to ski. I'll be the guy snowplowing behind a little blonde girl with the dark Marmot Shell, Grey Pants, and a orange Helly Hansen Touque. COuld be on new Seth Pistols or Dynastar Bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion
    SSV and you L7???

tenants, They have paid the rent right??? go skiing ....

Did the yougen' fill his DH suit then???
    No but the younguns' sometimes girlfriend pulled a Vincent Lavoie on the same gate and ended up with her foot pointing backwards. (I think that's bad). Drove her coach to the hospital and she should be through the surgery by now.

The nephew just went slow instead.

What time you going up?

Well, no work for me this weekend. Doug - are you out with the family on Sat?
    I'll likely head to the Lake if the ssv crowd is doing the schmoozing/family/significant other thing.

How was Louise? Sunshine avoided the rain and was really, really good on Sat, especially TeePee.

http://www3.telus.net/public/geraldv...IX/media_5.jpg

Snow stopped and blue skies by the afternoon when Goat's Eye finally opened.

http://www3.telus.net/public/geraldv...IX/media_4.jpg

It sounds like both Fernie and Castle got hit hard by the rain. I wonder if Kicking Horse had rain or snow on the lower slopes. Opening day is this Friday.

Damn - I was really looking at the SSV turnoff on my way by. Looks like it was nice, Eldo.
    The Lake was good, not great, but good. Tracked up fairly quick, but I still managed quite a few nice runs - it was fun.
    Also found what happens when you forget to check the heel on freerides before your first run on a fairly steep untracked face.

I was at the lake on sat. Damn I had a good day. I had a lot of stress to burn off so I was ready to roll. We got there around 9:30 and got some good tracks off the poma. Headwall and outer limits were fun but not stellar, there a few ice patches and rocks peeking through. We managed to catch the opening of brownshirt/boomerang and got first tracks after hiking up a bit. It was windbuffed but still pretty damn good IMO. First tracks on whitehorn 1 were a blast, there were a few rock bands that could be hopped but that is part of the fun. Paradise bowl was wicked, we got the paradise cornice drop before it got too trashed. Paradise bowl was pretty chewed up but there were not many rocks and you could blow through there as fast as you cared to. Patrollers chute was the last run of the day and it was still untracked when we hit it. I had a blast and it was just what the doctor ordered. Sorry, no pics, someday I am going to have to buy a digicam.
    Recently overheard: "Hey Ralph, what were you drinking that time that you set your face on fire?"

Oarhead - were you in a brown/orange jacket on Sat getting props for teleing by some guys on the paradise lift? I was in front of them on the chair and thought I saw T@nkers mounted freeheel.

I was at Sunshine on Saturday and it was great. Good stuff to be found on Standish really early, then over to the wind buff crusier that was divide, and over to TeePee which was fantastic. Once Goats Eye opened it was great over there in over a foot of fresh. Manged to luck out with arriving at Hells Kitchen right as the patroler was opening it up and scored first tracks through there.

Very good day.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayHarder
    Oarhead - were you in a brown/orange jacket on Sat getting props for teleing by some guys on the paradise lift? I was in front of them on the chair and thought I saw T@nkers mounted freeheel.
    Yah, some guy said "telemarking kicks ass". At that point I was thinking to myself "yeah, my ass". The tank was running on fumes at that point in the day.
    My jacket is grey and red so I am guessing that your goggles make it look funny.

Too bad we couldn't hook up for some turns. Just give me a yell next time you see me out there, I am more identifiable than most.

Sigh..........

A few more pix from Sunshine on Saturday.

DougW threading the needle.
    http://www3.telus.net/public/geraldv...IX/media_3.jpg

Ted in The Big Woody trees. (Aptly named run on this day.)
    http://www3.telus.net/public/geraldv...IX/media_1.jpg

Glad to hear that Louise is whipping into shape. It's been fun at SSV, but time to start exploring. All you guys need to get a radio, so people can hook up at the hill easier. I managed to run into DougW on both Friday and Saturday, but not until the afternoon both days.

Yes but what about KH this Friday? Thats the real question.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.