Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    oooh that's purty^^^

The guys at the bingo game tonight are going to swoon.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    oooh that's purty^^^

The guys at the bingo game tonight are going to swoon.
    I can't wait to build it up so I can ride it to the early bird special at the Country Buffet.

Put some street tires on that thing. Seriously man, the blue plate special ends at 6 and they don't wait for nobody.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Low 30s yesterday, but not a cloud in the sky. It got chilly towards the end, particularly in the shaded areas. Cold feet finally forced me to the car. Hell of a day, though.

Icy ribbon of death skiing vs grippy singletrack = no contest.

I'm a few hours north of you and we had highs in the teens. Saturday crusty snow mountain bike ride was exhausting and 9*, then had to do a road ride home from the shop where I dropped my truck off. Night skiing last night was much more fun than either of Saturday's rides.

Still been on the bike at least once a week outside so far this winter.

I'm okay down to the mid-high 20s. Beyond that, I can't keep my feet warm regardless of what I put on my feet or shoes.

I got my ass handed to me today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Rode down near Auburn yesterday, Clementine-->Connector-->FHDL-->Connector-->Culvert-->Confluence.

Trails were perfect, zero mud yet still moist & tacky, weather was warm, shorts & t-shirt.

Nice to have a backup while LaNina gets her shit together. May investigate PineNuts next week. Anyone got any beta?
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

I rode three times last week. The trails are crazy muddy here so Ive been avoiding the trails that get used more.. But still a lot of fun. Im gonna keep riding bikes for awhile I guess since the forecast for the mountains makes me wanna puke.

Got out for a nice road ride today. Felt much better than yesterday.

I believe that is called progress.

Rode the last 3 days. Quick lunch ride on my new commuter ss on Friday in the 70 degree weather and then 7 or so hours over the past 2 days on the mountain bike. I'm jonesing for spring.

This Maximus IPA is well deserved. Hope all the FR mags got out before the weather change.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Rode the last 3 days. Quick lunch ride on my new commuter ss on Friday in the 70 degree weather and then 7 or so hours over the past 2 days on the mountain bike. I'm jonesing for spring.

This Maximus IPA is well deserved. Hope all the FR mags got out before the weather change.
    I hear it is supposed to be downright balmy on Tuesday

adam is offline The Shred Pirate Roberts
    I rode friday and today at the S-Mountain trails in Salida. They are completely dry and the newly built trail is really really good.

After visiting Denver for SIA last week (60s) I can see why you guys are getting out so much. Made me want to ride for sure. Not happening here, trails are soup.

But that's OK cuz I'm having a riot skiing. Even without the pow.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

The weather was great this weekend, but the ground is saturated from the rain/sleet/snow we've been having, and it's not getting warm enough to dry out. So, I worked in the shed this weekend, trying to ignore the bikes hanging behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I'm okay down to the mid-high 20s. Beyond that, I can't keep my feet warm regardless of what I put on my feet or shoes.
    I ride everyday.
    I use my Lake MXZ301 Winter shoes down to the teens and Sorels for anything below that. Most of my rides this time of the year are pretty short, 45-90 minutes max.

The weather was great this weekend, but the ground is saturated from the rain/sleet/snow we've been having, and it's not getting warm enough to dry out. So, I worked in the shed this weekend, trying to ignore the bikes hanging behind me.
    You made any trips down to Douthat?

So much good singletrack in Va. So many amazing long rides!

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    You made any trips down to Douthat?

So much good singletrack in Va. So many amazing long rides!
    Yeah, been to Douthat several times. Some killer riding inside and outside the park. I've also ridden down at Carvin's Cove a couple times, and try to hit Sherando weekly in the Summer.

I've only begun to scratch the surface of GWNF, but the rides I've done have been incredible. Good vert, amazing singletrack, and absolutely nobody around. There are so many rides I want to do. I'm just ticking them off one-by-one.

I take it you're not still in the area?

New brakes and a sunny and mid 30 forecast through Sunday here. Skiing was a bummer today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

70 and sunny on Sunday here. LNSP dried out just enough to make it fun.

Quick POV edit:
    [ame="http://www.vimeo.com/19417104"]Lake Norman State Park - January 30, 2011 on Vimeo[/ame]
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

A few pictures from after my ride today. A lot of mud and not a whole lot of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

I was down in St. George and got out for my first ride on the new Remedy - stoked! 55 degrees and sunny made it really hard to come home and go skiing. Dying to get back down there for some more riding.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Where'd you ride monkey? I've been jonesing to get out to Antelope or something at least.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Nice, AG. How you liking the Remedy?

Didn't you get a couple Trek rigs?

Nice, AG. How you liking the Remedy?

Didn't you get a couple Trek rigs?
    It's ridiculously nice - pedals as well as my Anthem (it's probably a hair lighter) and is a 100% improvement descending. Though I'm classifying this as my XC bike, and keeping the Syren for anything that's going to put a beating on my bike. The only thing that I needed to do was swap for wider handlebars, and I put those new Easton Haven carbon bars on there which actually saved some weight, so it's down to ~25.9 lbs with pedals. And that drivetrain is crazy sweet. The cassette looks like it should be on display as art in the living room rather than getting dirty. But it's amazing to ride.

I got a Session 8 too. Haven't had anywhere to test that out yet, but we've been trying to figure out how to upgrade the cheapo version of the Boxxer that came on it. Hopefully we'll make it down to Bootleg soon so I can actually try it out soon.

I'm feeling overly spoiled, but at least they are replacing bikes in the quiver rather than additions...
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"