Wobenzym N - check this out to reduce swelling

*this is not spam or a product plug, just hoping to pass on something good to someone*

I've had a chronic knee problem which was exacerbated this July by wake boarding hyper extension injury. I've been battling pain and swelling since then with not much relief. Ibuprofen, ice and biking helped, but the swelling was still pretty bad. So much to the point that it made me not want to work out.

I went to the health food store to talk to the herbalist in hopes they would have another idea. A little old hippy women recommended Wobenzym N. I started taking it (3 x 2 /day) and felt a huge reduction in swelling and pain within a few days. The basic gist I got is this systemic enzyme attacks the things that are causing swelling and somehow destroys them.

If Ibuprofen ain't working anymore, try this shit. Anyone else tried it or have anything else that works for reducing swelling?

http://www.wobenzym-usa.com/
    Last edited by FreakofSnow; 01-18-2011 at 12:01 AM.

I know people it has worked for, didn't do much for me. I did 20 pills a day for 40 days last year and polished off an 800 pill bottle with not much to show for it. Others swear by it, though.

Interesting splat. I can't believe the results I've been having. Prior to taking it I would come home and my knee would be swollen to shit and very sore. Now it's hardly swollen and pain is minimal. Almost hard to believe, but I'm gonna keep on keepin on.

I swear by it, for arthritis in my feet. A friend whose husband has rheumatoid arthritis started using it, felt better within the week.

Just a friendly bump for those looking for relief from swelling. Ice with stuff, forgetaboutit. Seriously

Im on an Ice, Oxicodine, and Arnica Oil and Pills for now, but might give that a try if the swelling doesnt improve in the next few days.

Wobenzym N - check this out to reduce swelling

Bumping this thread to see if I should order another 800 count of Wobenzym or if some sciendentist has a recommendation for a better / cheaper product?

Enzymes--which is what Wobenzym N purports to be made of--are proteins, which cannot be absorbed from the GI tract until they're broken down into amino acids, at which point they're no more medicinal than a hot dog. That's a good thing, since one of the enzymes is supposed to be pancreatic enzyme, and I can promise you that pancreatic enzyme is not something you want floating around in your blood--unless you want to digest yourself.

But don't let all that stop you.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Enzymes--which is what Wobenzym N purports to be made of--are proteins, which cannot be absorbed from the GI tract until they're broken down into amino acids, at which point they're no more medicinal than a hot dog. That's a good thing, since one of the enzymes is supposed to be pancreatic enzyme, and I can promise you that pancreatic enzyme is not something you want floating around in your blood--unless you want to digest yourself.

But don't let all that stop you.
    Thank you, you’re an OG.

I’ve been taking it off and on for years and my injury / recovery is so long-form and complex that my own personal experience is useless as a barometer. I *think* it was originally recommended to me by an ortho, possibly a PT, but my memory gets all warped when I have nerve pain shooting around my body.

Human injury is so variable and unpredictable it makes it hard to know whether something made it better or it got better on its own. I keep getting shots in my spine and they seem to work really well for a while, except that sometimes I do nothing and my spine does really well for a while. I've started and stopped statins for my cholesterol probably a dozen times and still can't figure out if they bother my muscles or not. My doctor is losing patience with me.