Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    OK, OK you don't have to ban me!

Well, be that as it may, I do know you guys have some cool mountains pretty close but I was talking more ski oriented, both resort and BC. I mean Eldora's cool and all but...

Knew had you pegged for a patagonia wearing poseur douchbag though

Don't worry though, plenty of douchbaggery out here too, look at me.

Oh and....

PAGE TOP BITCHES!

Cheesesteaks are a passion of mine. If anyone is ever in Tucson, you HAVE to go to Frankie's Cheesesteaks and hoagies. If you don't want a cheesesteak, his cold italian is the best cold sandwich I've ever had. His cheesesteaks are most like Jim's south Philly cheesesteaks. Amorosa rolls, white american cheese, freshly made sweet and hot peppers. My favorite is American, light wiz, wit onions and broccoli raab.

Here in CO I've found this place called Denver Ted's on 13th and pearl. Hard to find if you don't know what you're looking for, but this is an authentic cheesesteak. Much better than Taste of Philly. These guys do God's work. Just don't be a head case at the register, they have a $2 high maintenance fee.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

I like Taste of Philly in Denver and Jersey Boys in Dillon. Is Dillon "The West"?

Who gives a fuck? People who hate on Boulder are as douchey as the douches that populate Boulder. It's a nice town full of hot college chicks. Now get back on topic, mmmmmmmmmmmm Cheesesteaks!

I just wanted to chime in on this very important thread. Somehow I missed it
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter or AXL/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

I was going to say Denver Ted's in Capitol Hill but I hadn't been in a while, so I googled it. Apparently, they moved to a new location (2020 Lawrence); I hope they brought the old grill.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

What up Dobish?
    watch out for snakes

Denver teds is absolutely the best cheesesteak in the Denver area, BUT, one time I tried to go there (old location) and they were closed, but had a hankerin', so I looked it up and very shortly thereafter had a different cheesesteak that was so delicious I had to uber a car back there the next day. It's right around the corner at Zeps Epiq sandwiches. Their Korean cheesesteak is fan-fucking-tastic.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    Denver teds is absolutely the best cheesesteak in the Denver area, BUT, one time I tried to go there (old location) and they were closed, but had a hankerin', so I looked it up and very shortly thereafter had a different cheesesteak that was so delicious I had to uber a car back there the next day. It's right around the corner at Zeps Epiq sandwiches. Their Korean cheesesteak is fan-fucking-tastic.
    Zeps is owned by QUiznos....

Northside Grab and Go. West Vail exit off of I-70 (northside obviously).

Wizz and cheese.

W'sup Dobish?!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    What up Dobish?
    oh hai

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    W'sup Dobish?!
    i'm making a comeback with this very important thread. I might even ski this year

We need your valuable sandwich insights.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Dobish View Post
    i'm making a comeback with this very important thread. I might even ski this year
    Do you still suck?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Do you still suck?
    I'll give you two guesses.....

Quote Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
    We need your valuable sandwich insights.
    The guy gets one sandwich at a podunk shop in Golden named after him (or his bike) and he is now the god of the deli counter?

/winky

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    The guy gets one sandwich at the world's best sandwich shop named after him (or his bike), plus a few others on the menu there, and he is now the god of the deli counter?

/winky
    i fixed it for you

i fixed it for you
    Bah - I remember when you were just the daily special.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Bah - I remember when you were just the daily special.
    those were the good ole days....

Welcome back.

Paging Dobish: Best Cheesesteak in the West?

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Ha, this.

Of course Boulder is in "The West" but there are many states and cities that make up the geographic region of the Western US/Rocky Mountain US, most of which better exemplify the spirit of "The West" IMO. Most people who live in Boulder think Boulder is the epicenter and epitome of all things "west" when in fact, Boulder is a yuppie town far from the real mountains filled with pretentious poseurs (present company excluded I'm sure). Sorry but it's true.

My link to the SLC cheese steak thread was tongue in cheek but the thread title is "Best Philly in the west", and SLC is also in the west. Not that SLC is the epicenter either but the thread title implication that Boulder="The West", is insulting to the rest of the west. We've sure got our problems out here too but at least we've got real mountains AND good cheese steaks!
    I realize that this post is 6 years old, but I don’t know how the fuck you could say boulder doesn’t have real mountains when it is literally at the foot of the flatirons, and the Indian Peak Wilderness is less than an hour away with numerous peaks over 13,000 feet. Nevermind that Rocky Mountain National Park is about an hour away.

IDK wtf you are talking about but boulder is probably one of the nicest places to live in the west. Sure, our local ski hill kinda sucks but in terms of all other aspects of mountain recreation your options are unbelievable

those were the good ole days....
    I haven't had a Jewzer in awhile. Now I'm hungry.

I haven't had a good cheesesteak in a long time, I miss them.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    I realize that this post is 6 years old, but I don’t know how the fuck you could say boulder doesn’t have real mountains when it is literally at the foot of the flatirons, and the Indian Peak Wilderness is less than an hour away with numerous peaks over 13,000 feet. Nevermind that Rocky Mountain National Park is about an hour away.

IDK wtf you are talking about but boulder is probably one of the nicest places to live in the west. Sure, our local ski hill kinda sucks but in terms of all other aspects of mountain recreation your options are unbelievable
    While his post is certainly hyperbolic, FFS I hope yours is intended to be as well. One of the nicest places to live in the west? Really? If you need a big city for jobs it's a decent compromise, but I'd leave this place in a heartbeat if I didn't need the jobs.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I luv me a good Reuben.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    One of the nicest places to live in the west? Really? If you need a big city for jobs it's a decent compromise.
    Obviously there are tons of way sicker mountain towns, even in Colorado. But in terms of having access to a city and the jobs and culture that come with it, it’s pretty tough to beat boulder