Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

What do you think is the biggest challenges or problems we face as snowboarders?

Im currently doing a report into the biggest problems that we face as snowboarders.

Things such as but not limited to, cost, distance from the mountains, ability, flats or bad equipment advice, may be your biggest issue or even online social media or lack of for the snowboard community.

I’m hoping to produce a definitive list of the most common problems, and really need your input to help compile it. Id love to hear what thing or things bug you the most!

By the way, if you are interested in my findings, pm me and ill happily send you a copy of the report when its done.

Thanks

Unless you have nekked pictures of your gf/wife/sister/mom I suggest you delete this thread JONG.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Biggest challenges as snowboarders are other fucking snowboarders. 90% of them on the hill are intolerable.

I see lots of snowboarders borrowing their skier buddies poles for the flats. I'm pretty sure those are the snowboarders that have never skateboarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

Grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by gameface View Post
    Biggest challenges as snowboarders are other fucking snowboarders. 90% of them on the hill are intolerable.
    This.

And gayer than Tele.
    Training for Alpental

Insufficiently lengthy tall T's.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Equipment advice.

I've tried to help out my snow boarding buddies find good boards/boots/bindings.

There is so little objective information out there. Almost every review is driven by the producer.

That, and dealing with the fact that both feet are glued to a single board.

Probably the issue that snowboarders have the least concern over - scoring weed. They always are holding.

Paging DasBlunt to hate on us haters.

this thread is like a wet dream.

i think the biggest problem for snowboarders is the fact that they must grab their ankles everytime they reach a chairlift. sometimes even mid-run

also they seem to have a tough time dressing properly for the sport- i.e. aqcuiring matching threads or themed outfits
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by the token fat guy View Post
    Grammar.
    bomb ass post by a JONG

well done
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

That you snowboard.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

They lack eyes in the back of their head for heel side turns. Perhaps you could install back-up proximity sensors?

Because of the accelerated learning curve of snowboarding, many boarders find themselves in challenging terrain whilst having next to no mountaincraft.

That is a problem/challenge. As is the troublesome pronunciation/accenting of American phrases for English snowboarders. "That was sick, brah" just sounds wrong in an English accent.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Figuring out how to coordinate baggy pants colours as they sprawl all the way across the top of any flat spot waiting to get kicked in the head by anyone trying to get past

or the fact that they think its ok for a group to sit in the middle of any ski run or cat track no matter how narrow.
    spray those motherfarker with snow! it your duty to do so!
    especially if you can see a gaper gap between their baggy pants and thier shirt/jacket leaving exposed skin. Spray your white stuff in their crack!
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Skiers are just jealous because making powder turns on skis is nowhere near as fun or fulfilling as on a snowboard. Skis are good for traveling. Snowboards are the tool God intended man to use to have a religious experience going down a mountain.

And skiing just looks dorky and contrived unless you're one of the top .0199% of elite athletes which most of you on here are not. And ffs, skiers doing slopestyle and halfpipe is just retarded. Nothing gayer than skiing "switch"

The biggest problem we face is the backcountry being plugged up with pretentious asshole skier types sideslipping/kickturning down our lines.

Quote Originally Posted by BGnight View Post
    Skiers are just jealous because making powder turns on skis is nowhere near as fun or fulfilling as on a snowboard. Skis are good for traveling. Snowboards are the tool God intended man to use to have a religious experience going down a mountain.

And skiing just looks dorky and contrived unless you're one of the top .0199% of elite athletes which most of you on here are not. And ffs, skiers doing slopestyle and halfpipe is just retarded. Nothing gayer than skiing "switch"
    I'd agree with your first statement, but if we're talking about percentages, that religious experience you get while snowboarding occurs about .0199% of the time. The rest of the day I'd rather be on skis thanks and if you think that skiing switch looks dorky, it's nothing compared to snowboarders disembarking chairlifts.
    "Nothing is funnier than Hitler." - Smokey McPole

Figuring out the best way to tell your family that you suck dicks when you aren't riding?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The biggest problem is that your feet are latched together on a board, thus giving you no ability to go in any direction but straight down. The next biggest is that you are pointed sideways, depriving you of the ability to see people behind you, and leading to a total lack of symmetry as you descend.

The fact that most skiers can't do it properly and look dorky is more than enough reason for me to ski. It's a challenge.

If it were easy, it'd be called snowboarding, but I'm not a hater, as long as whatever you have strapped to your feet is longer than 130cm, it's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunco perfectly summarizing TGR View Post
    It is like Days of Our Lives', but with retards.

I'm not a snowboarder but here are what I think are the biggest problems facing snowboarders from my perspective:

one footing
    traversing
    taking off your snowboard all the time to posthole in the skin track
    taking apart and putting together your fucking splitboard while i sit there and get cold
    tele-ing downhill on your splitboard and looking like a massive beater
    weed's too dry
    weed's too sticky
    forgetting your goggles
    forgetting the weed

a total lack of symmetry as you descend.
    Haha. Yeah. Always looking for that symmetry in my descent. When it's lacking, my day is ruined.

Hugh Conway Guest
    fat girls look good in baggy snowboard shit

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    fat girls look good in baggy snowboard shit
    this truly is the biggest problem for skiers trying to score with snowboarding chicks

since snowboarder dudes just circle jerk after every park hit... and bong hit... they needn't worry about this
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Fast runouts on rockered boards.

It's a plague.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp