Scarpa Rush and Blink

Well i was asked to shut up about these but it looks like some news is out

3 pounds 2 ounces per foot (1430g) for the Scarpa Rush (Scarpa Blink is the woman's version.

3 buckle version of the Maestrale. Shaves off 80g per foot or 1/5 of a pound from Maestrale.

More here http://alpenglowsports.wordpress.com...oots-for-2011/

Makes sense to me. I liked the Spirit 3 better than the Spirit 4, too. Less stuff to deal with, less weight to drag up the hill, 4th buckle adds very little from a performance standpoint . . .

I know what my touring boots will be next year.

Any word on a stiffer tongue for the Maestrale?

same last?

yes?

TLT5P please!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The 4th buckle made a difference for me on the spirits. Actually the toe buckle on the 4's was pointless, but the the one buckle on the 3 was too close to my toes. But I can see how it would be better for some feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    TLT5P please!
    Different price point, I'd say. If they keep the Maestrale retail @ $600, the Rush will probably be $550 . . . these days, a screaming deal.

the-eleven - doubtful on the stiffer tongue but I've tried to make my point that there's interest fwiw

Summit - same last

Makes sense. The toe buckle on the maestrale is fairly worthless. Forget the stiffer tongue, I want a carbon cuff!

Looks like they've change the strap and buckle that runs across the ankle. Was that just a weight savings change or is there some durability issue I should watch out for on my Maestrales?

I couldn't tell from the earlier pics, but is the maestrale/blink any taller than the spirit 3/4?

really hoping for a taller, not shin killing, better performing downhill boot.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Jubelale View Post
    Looks like they've change the strap and buckle that runs across the ankle. Was that just a weight savings change or is there some durability issue I should watch out for on my Maestrales?
    The Maestrale ratchet strap will wear out after 200 - 300 days or so based on my experience on similar style straps. Replacements are pretty cheap - 20 I think but don't quote me on that. Not sure why the style of strap was changed - probably because consumers prefer to see buckles but that's just speculation

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I couldn't tell from the earlier pics, but is the maestrale/blink any taller than the spirit 3/4?

really hoping for a taller, not shin killing, better performing downhill boot.
    For all intents and purposes about the same in height fore and aft as Spirit 3/4. Blink and Maestrale about the same. Liners are almost exactly same with some slight tweaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubelale View Post
    durability for the maestrale? not at all.
    To be honest, in many details such as the central buckle and the strap the rush looks as a cheap version of the maestrale.

Gotta love that name, one of my favorite bands. They could do a ski and call it Red Barchetta.

Nice looking boots. I prefer a 3 buckle boot myself, as long as it is well laid out.

Does anyone know if any shops in Van / Whistler will be carrying the Rush this season?

forest Guest
    if / when my spirit 3s ever give up the ghost, those would be on the top of my list for new boots.

http://straightchuter.com/2011/09/rush-v-maestrale/
    Last edited by forest; 10-20-2011 at 09:47 AM.