Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Alright, what the hell is that... I want one of those! Then I can drive all of us up to the top... no lift lines, and no lift tickets!

Dammit... its gone. Never mind.

http://www.skicrystal.com/img/crysta...cmsnowcam2.jpg
    Last edited by fubar; 12-09-2004 at 04:28 PM.
    "You go for it. All the stops are out. Caution is to the wind, and you're battling with everything you have. That's the real fun of the game. "

-Dan Dierdorf American Football Player

I could be down for Crystal. Kind of in wait and see mode right now. If things are looking particularly shitty I may opt for the gaper nightmare of Summit West--where conditions are almost guaranteed to suck

I could do Crystal Sunday....weather permitting. COunt me in.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD
    I could be down for Crystal. Kind of in wait and see mode right now. If things are looking particularly shitty I may opt for the gaper nightmare of Summit West--where conditions are almost guaranteed to suck
    AD, c'mon now! Dont talk like that, step away from the ledge and put down the rifle.

Summit is not worth it! I have a slide in my backyard that has more vert. If Alpe' were open then yes... but it is not. Say to Summit West and come to Crystal.
    "You go for it. All the stops are out. Caution is to the wind, and you're battling with everything you have. That's the real fun of the game. "

Just to add a little fuel to the fire, listen to what Whistler has to say in the email they sent out today:

"Storms throughout the week have brought top to bottom snow to Whistler Blackcomb. For the weekend, weather permitting, the Peak and Harmony Chairs will open on Whistler Mountain and 7th Heaven Express, the Glacier Express and the Magic Chair will open on Blackcomb. Fantastic early season conditions mean you can ski/ride out to the valley on both mountains. Be sure to view What's Open for the latest update on lifts, runs and facilities.
    With over 4500 acres to play in, you should sneak away for a pre-holiday break. Go on. You deserve it."

Well, at least you can trust Crystal to groom the crap out of the refreeze, so it'll be a ripping day on the carvers, for sure.

The live conditions report for Whistler shows 32 (at 11AM Pacific) in the alpine and warmer down low: it's going to be refreeze there too.

Angry

Muther fu... Sombitch'n....Gawn Da.... Pineapple Express!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on the telemetry data, Stevens Pass has already lost 10" of base today. God dammit.

Forecaster discussion mentions that it's moving out quickly and not getting hung up... but next week doesn't look great....so far
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Based on the telemetry data, Stevens Pass has already lost 10" of base today. God dammit.
    If the readings end up being accurate, Baker has lost close to 20" of snowpack at the gauge station.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

not looking possible at the Summit...
    We received over
    4" of rain last night and about the same is predicted for tonight.
    the only thing getting deeper here at this point are the puddles

fuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkkk

Some of it's melt-loss, some of it's just consolidation, would've happened without the rain.

We'll be fine. The melt rate's pretty slow, really, and it'll be snowing by midnight (heard it here first).

Just got an email from the Summit saying they are not going to open Summit West.

I'll be at Stevens on Sunday regardless of what happens. I need to pick up my pass anyways.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Not to bring more rain on our parade here, but checking with the long term forecasts....
    totals of 3" to 6" of rain in the mountains. WTF? I thought it was supposed be anywhere from 1.5"-3" total?

Sunday - Monday chance for rain/snow in the mountains
    Tuesday - showers ending early

Then.... long term models are all projecting a 'long' developing dry period and the weather forecaster noted, 'hopefully not too long'

They better be wrong. This has been the start of a facktasic season so far

I blame the governor's race. When they finally decide on a new gov the weather will improve.

Unfortunately that may take another month.

There better damn well be a La Nina next year.

Rad, you can watch the puddles form and the bushes start to pop out at Crustal on the cam.
    OOOOOOOHHHH, I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!

Wow you guys missed out huge...I was shredding the gnar all weekend long! Gnar=studying the difference between the RCW and Uniform Probate code with regards to what can revoke and revive a will...oh and don't forget my lines down the "Model Rules of Professional Responsibility", specifically communications with unrepresented persons and candor towards the tribunal...yes that's right. I bailed on skiing(or rather iceskating at Crystal) to stay at home couped up in my apartment studying until my eyes started to bleed. But my finals are tomorrow and tuesday and with any luck it will start snowing tuesday afternoon...god please let it start snowing.....
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

Thumbs down pfff, weak...

Quote Originally Posted by girlski0912
    Wow you guys missed out huge...I was shredding the gnar all weekend long! Gnar=studying the difference between the RCW and Uniform Probate code with regards to what can revoke and revive a will...oh and don't forget my lines down the "Model Rules of Professional Responsibility", specifically communications with unrepresented persons and candor towards the tribunal...yes that's right. I bailed on skiing(or rather iceskating at Crystal) to stay at home couped up in my apartment studying until my eyes started to bleed. But my finals are tomorrow and tuesday and with any luck it will start snowing tuesday afternoon...god please let it start snowing.....
    So now you have no idea how craptastic it was today. No wait...

Yup, atomic blow jobs (and sandblasting) on top of REX and Green Valley lifts, thanks to 50+mph ridgetop winds...yes it was a day for the groomers (and they did do a good job of grooming for once), but it was downright unpleasant anyplace but Forest Queer.

Winds were so high, that a tree was downed just outside of Greenwater Ski Shop, knocking power out to the hill. Then, their generators failed, and we had to wait for all the lifties to get on the stationary bikes and pedal like mad to wheel the chairs sloooooooooowly to the top (stuck on the chair for 40mins+; seriously their diesel engines suck!). So, they closed the mountain, and we got $20.00 vouchers for the next time I ski. Considering my lift pass was already substantially reduced, I effectively skied for 5 bucks. Not bad...

Looks like I made the correct call to stay home. When I checked the weather this morning and saw the high wind warning, that tipped the balance and I went back to sleep. Oh well, my first day on the snow will be at Alta Friday.

One thing that irked me anyway is they were charging $40 for lift tickets this weekend. That seems a little steep considering conditions. Speaking of which I got a chuckle from the Crystal website. Conditions were described as "pre-season." No, not early season, pre-season!!

Looks like I made the correct call to stay home. When I checked the weather this morning and saw the high wind warning, that tipped the balance and I went back to sleep.
    yeah, we were wondering where you were

Oh well, my first day on the snow will be at Alta Friday.
    ass

One thing that irked me anyway is they were charging $40 for lift tickets this weekend. That seems a little steep considering conditions.
    Yup, 10 dollars a chair running...except for Chinookie, there really aren't any runs to ski down to it, except one "return to base area" run. That's it!!!

Looked like all the mountain might have been a great bit of fun earlier in the week though.

And though it is by the slimmest of margins, Optics still wins his bet with BakerBoy.

Red face

I know what I am asking Santa for!!!! SNOW

so I guess I made the right decision and went drinking insted..

so the forecast looks sooo hot right now he.

On the bright side, while yesterday can be described as firm, Garmont, Atomic, Scarpa and BD were all offering free demos at Baker yesterday, so it was not a total loss.

Quote Originally Posted by dubu
    so I guess I made the right decision and went drinking insted..

so the forecast looks sooo hot right now he.

I don't evening want to talk about the forecast.... screwy El Nino bullshit!

You most certainly made the right decsion to stay home. Jumper and I were stuck on the Forest Princess for an hour. Earlier that day we got stuck on REX for about 10 minutes. It would not have been so bad if we had not stopped right at the top; where we just got pounded by the wind.

Get this, at the end of the day Jumper and I went to get our vouchers, and the attitude of "guest services" was, and I quote, "You are lucky to get a $20 voucher". Say what bitch?!?!? I responded by saying, were we also lucky to be stuck on a chair for an hour freezing our asses off? <insert evil looks here>

All in all it could have been better, but hey at least I was skiing.